First Australian Startup Weekend winner launches - Native Tongue

Matthew Ho

Jan 23, 2012, 1:35:00 AM1/23/12
to Silicon Beach Australia
Hi all,

I'm one of the founders of Native Tongue which won Australia's first
Startup Weekend competition.

We recently launched our first product "Mandarin Madness" which makes
Mandarin Chinese language learning fun, fast and effective.

Its available on the following devices below. Please download it, try
it out and leave a rating!

iPhone / iPad
http://itunes.apple.com/app/mandarin-madness/id494800742

Android
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nativetongue.mandarin_madness.pro

Amazon Kindle Fire
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006TKI0LQ/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

The android version was launched in early November and the iPhone
version was launched last week. We have about 3,000 + users. Our
biggest markets are China, USA, HK, Korea, Germany and Australia.
We're currently working on a English and Spanish product as well.

We launched an MVP first on Android, iterated, released new product
features, tested, analysed the stats and learnt a lot from that
experience. We then used that feedback to polish up the iPhone
version. There's a lot of benefits for launching first on Android
because of the easier approval process and ability to test
immediately.

If you have any specific questions, please email me on matthew at
nativetongue.com.

Btw Happy Chinese New Year!

Cheers,

Matt Ho
nativetongue.com
@inspiredworlds

Kym

Jan 26, 2012, 7:11:03 PM1/26/12
to Silicon Beach Australia
Very exciting times ahead. :-) If anyone here downloads, please do
leave a review and rating as it will help us with the rankings in the
store and future comments!

Also got a write-up on Delimiter and one of Asia's top tech blogs,
Penn Olson:

http://penn-olson.com/2012/01/26/mandarin-madness-game/
http://delimiter.com.au/2012/01/24/developers-prefer-android-says-survey/

--