IdP v2.3 and issues with error.jsp?

Kevin Hall

Oct 20, 2011, 1:15:07 PM10/20/11
to Shib Users
Hi,

We are trying to upgrade from v2.1.5 to v2.3.3 but having issues with the
error.jsp file.

Error from idp-process.log:

10:02:54.648 - ERROR
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.profile.provider.JSPErrorHandler:86]
- Could not dispatch to error JSP page: /error.jsp
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;)Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext;
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;)Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext;
at org.apache.jsp.error_jsp._jspInit(error_jsp.java:23) ~[na:na]

A little bit of info about our environment:
* Debian squeeze, kernel 2.6.32-5-686
* Sun Java 6.26 (also tried openjdk-6 with same result)
* Tomcat 6.0.28-9

Anyone else run into this problem? Know what we are missing?

-Kevin

Chad La Joie

Oct 20, 2011, 1:24:02 PM10/20/11
to Shib Users
This might be an issue with a bug in the IdP distribution packaging. Go
to your IdP distro directory, and in the lib directory remove
jsp-api-2.0.jar and servlet-api-2.4.jar. Then shutdown tomcat, re-run
the IdP installer, and restart tomcat.

Kevin Hall

Oct 20, 2011, 6:29:45 PM10/20/11
to Shib Users, Chad La Joie