[Shib-Users] Invalid IdP URL

Sharique Ahmed

Mar 4, 2010, 9:20:09 AM3/4/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu

Hi,

I’m a newbie here. I’ve installed shibboleth Idp 2 using default configuration. It is giving error “Error Message: Invalid IdP URL (HTTP 404)” .

I’m using win xp with tomcat stand alone.

After messing up a lot of time with online docs, I’m not able to fix it. Please tell me what I’m doing wrong.

I want to configure it to work with ldap (active directory).

Thanks

----------

Sharique Ahmed Farooqui

Software Engineer | Fast Track Software Services Pvt Ltd

Peter Schober

Mar 4, 2010, 9:27:08 AM3/4/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
* Sharique Ahmed <sharique...@fasttrackteam.com> [2010-03-04 15:21]:

> I'm a newbie here. I've installed shibboleth Idp 2 using default
> configuration. It is giving error "Error Message: Invalid IdP URL (HTTP
> 404)" .

Well, what URL are you accessing?
Did the idp application start? Are the log files written (logging.xml,
see the docs in the wiki)? Any errors in Tomcat's logs
(e.g. catalina.out)?
-peter

Chad La Joie

Mar 4, 2010, 9:27:54 AM3/4/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
First, look at you logs. Then look at the mail archives. Then if you
want to configure LDAP authentication go to the documentation and click
on "Configure" and then "Customize User Authentication" and follow the
directions, paying special attention to the parts that talk specifically
about Active Directory.

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz

john e. baker

Mar 4, 2010, 10:43:58 AM3/4/10
to shibbole...@internet2.edu
Hi Sharique

As a start you will need to look in your Tomcat and IdP log files to try
to narrow down the cause of the problem. Mine was caused by a typo
error in the IdP web.xml file.

John Baker
ICT Operations Manager
Tel: 01472 875000 Ext: 157 Fax: 01472 875019

FRANKLIN COLLEGE

EMAIL DISCLAIMER/CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT

This email message and any attachments are confidential and intended for
the addressee(s) only. If they have come to you in error then you must
not disclose, copy or distribute the contents to anyone. Please notify
sender of the error and ensure you delete the message and any
attachments from your system. Franklin College accepts no responsibility
for computer viruses and recommends that the addressee check for viruses
before opening any attachments. Any views or opinions presented are
Franklin College. The college does not accept legal responsibility for
those views. The Internet is not secure and therefore Franklin College
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Please note that Franklin College may intercept inbound and outbound
messages.