Issue handling third party pop up windows

Selenium user

Aug 3, 2010, 8:10:55 PM8/3/10
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I am testing a case where when I click a link, it opens a third party
window. How do I get window title for this entirely unknown pop up
window. I have tried something like this but does not work out.

String[] thirdPartyAdWindowNames = selenium.getAllWindowNames();

selenium.selectWindow(thirdPartyAdWindowNames[1]);
selenium.windowMaximize();

String thirdPartyAdWindowTitle = selenium.getTitle();

Chetan

Aug 5, 2010, 4:40:58 AM8/5/10
to Selenium Users
Is it third party window is frame or window? if it is window then you
have no option other then AutoIT...

Vasavi Kaza

Aug 5, 2010, 2:38:17 PM8/5/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
This is a Window.  What is AutoIT....  I did not understand sorry....

Thanks.

Krishna chaitanya

Aug 8, 2010, 8:33:04 AM8/8/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
AutoIt is a freeware windows automation language . We can automate some of the windows based events with this autoit script .

somi

Aug 9, 2010, 1:43:28 AM8/9/10
to Selenium Users
Hi Vasavi,

try this link it tells you how to handle very easy one,
http://qtp-help.blogspot.com/2009/07/selenium-handle-dialogs.html

Thanks
Somi

On Aug 5, 11:38 pm, Vasavi Kaza <vasavik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a Window.  What is AutoIT....  I did not understand sorry....
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Chetan <chetan.dewan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it third party window is frame or window? if it is window then you
> > have no option other then AutoIT...
>
> > On Aug 4, 5:10 am, Selenium user <vasavik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I am testing a case where when I click a link, it opens a third party
> > > window.  How do I get window title for this entirely unknown pop up
> > > window.  I have tried something like this but does not work out.
>
> > >  String[]  thirdPartyAdWindowNames = selenium.getAllWindowNames();
>
> > >         selenium.selectWindow(thirdPartyAdWindowNames[1]);
> > >         selenium.windowMaximize();
>
> > >    String     thirdPartyAdWindowTitle = selenium.getTitle();
>
> > --
> > .

gajanan bogam

Sep 16, 2010, 5:12:33 AM9/16/10
to Selenium Users
do we need to download AutoIt and then use it for the file attachment
thing or else can we directly write the script and execute.....

thanks,
Gajanan.bogam