Auto close "onload" alerts

JudasHerb

Nov 16, 2010, 7:50:41 AM11/16/10
to Selenium Users
Hi all,

I am using the C# .net library with NUnit to conduct my selenium
tests.

My web site uses onload alerts heavily and hence I have developed a
very simple app that integrates with my NUnit test suite, or can run
stand alone, that will close those pesky alerts.

It will only close them if they satisfy some text conditions. In basic
terms it keeps looking for alerts on a seperate thread, reads the text
and if it matches one of the strings in the "kill me" list, it will
close it down. Uses API from User32.dll.

So, my question is, has this been done before and if not I am happy to
share this code/app, so where will be the best place to post it?

It'd take very little effort to make it smarter and run asserts
against the presence, or lack of, of the alert.

Thanks

Ashish Joshi

Nov 16, 2010, 11:52:16 AM11/16/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can also do it with using excel macro .

We have developed the macros which verifies the exact text and also closing the on load web page alert.

We are running these excel macros using Selenium RC.

Best Regards,
Ashish Joshi

Ashish Joshi

Nov 16, 2010, 11:59:24 AM11/16/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are also successfully using macros to handle and perform operations on modal Windows like Download and Upload. also we can work with Show modal Windows which do not have return values.