Is it harmful to use Verify Text instead of VerifytextPresent

Babu

Aug 6, 2010, 10:25:43 AM8/6/10
to Selenium Users
Hi all
I have a tiny issue. Regarding usage of Verify Text. Verify Text
verifies text and element in a specific location. If I use
verifytextPresent it doesn't verify element and location. Now my
question is if I am using verifyText instead of Present, some time it
passes but some times it doesn't, so does that mean I have to use
verifyTextPresent where I don't need to check any element or location
always? and I shouldn't use verifyText if I don't need to check
element or location?
Babu

Piyush

Aug 6, 2010, 11:08:26 AM8/6/10
to Selenium Users
Hi Babu,

One reason because of which it fails sometimes is that the page may
have not loaded where you are verifying.Put wait statement before
verify command.

Linh Vu

Aug 9, 2010, 10:55:19 PM8/9/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi
You said:
I shouldn't use verifyText if I don't need to check
element or location?

but if Text you want verify is hidden. it means not display,not invisible on web UI becuse style of text is hidden
, verifyTextPresent is still pass ( blue)  whether you see or not see on Web UI

Mr. VuThe Linh
eXo Platform SEA
8 Flr, Thaiha building, 18/11 alley, Thaiha Str, Hanoi
Skype: vu.the.linh
website:www.exoplatform.com
Phone : +84 984 303 104

SM AFZAL

Aug 10, 2010, 9:02:21 AM8/10/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to you guys...ur discussion helped me a lot..
babu