Selenium RC 2.22.0 doesn't open Firefox 13

Michael Berkow

Jun 6, 2012, 3:50:04 PM6/6/12
to Selenium Users
My computer updated to Firefox 13 today, and now all of my existing
tests built in Selenium RC with C# won't run. I am using the latest
Selenium build...2.22.0, working in Win 7. In the console, I get a
message stating "Failed to start new browser session: Error while
launching browser on session null.

I am looking for any suggestions that folks might have.

Thanks

Jim Evans

Jun 6, 2012, 4:02:03 PM6/6/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Have a small bit of patience with the dev team as they prepare the next version? This problem has already been fixed in the .NET bindings[1], and we're looking to push out a new release fairly soon.

--Jim

[1] http://code.google.com/p/selenium/source/detail?r=17131

Michael Berkow

Jun 6, 2012, 4:22:39 PM6/6/12
to Selenium Users
That is awesome news. I can run in IE and Chrome.

Leslie Crandall

Jun 6, 2012, 3:58:20 PM6/6/12
to Selenium Users
I ran into the same problem yesterday, Michael. I had to downgrade to
FF 12 for the short term. I'm guessing support for FF 13 hasn't been
built yet (I do see that there's an IDE release coming up soon,
though.)

Leslie

Chelladurai Ayyanar

Jun 7, 2012, 2:12:10 AM6/7/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Upto ff 12 it working fine.For ff 13 not yet implemented

--
Regards,
Chelladurai.A

Shaba K

Jun 7, 2012, 7:06:35 AM6/7/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
FF 13 not working ...

Do we know when we are going to get a fix for this .. else will live by downgrading to earlier version.

Cheers,

Itay

Jun 7, 2012, 9:20:09 AM6/7/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem with C#.

Ramesh

Jun 7, 2012, 4:52:57 AM6/7/12
to Selenium Users
I am running into the same problem :)..downgraded to FF12 and running
the tests...

On Jun 6, 8:58 pm, Leslie Crandall <syla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran into the same problem yesterday, Michael.  I had to downgrade to
> FF 12 for the short term.  I'm guessing support for FF 13 hasn't been
> built yet (I do see that there's an IDE release coming up soon,
> though.)
>
> Leslie
>
> On Jun 6, 1:50 pm, Michael Berkow <m...@mikeberkow.com> wrote:
>

> > My computer updated to Firefox 13 today, and now all of my existing
> >testsbuilt inSeleniumRC with C# won't run.  I am using the latest
> >Seleniumbuild...2.22.0, working in Win 7.  In the console, I get a
> > message stating "Failed to start new browser session: Error while
> > launching browser on session null.
>
> > I am looking for any suggestions that folks might have.
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Leonor Salazar

Jun 7, 2012, 9:42:38 PM6/7/12
to Selenium Users
Same issue for Selenium 2.21...

Had to downgrade to firefox 12

On Jun 7, 5:50 am, Michael Berkow <m...@mikeberkow.com> wrote:
> My computer updated toFirefox13today, and now all of my existing

PaulB

Jun 8, 2012, 4:48:05 AM6/8/12
to Selenium Users
Was the fix for this supposed to be in 2.23.0? Because I'm still
getting the same error with RC and Firefox 13...

Shaba K

Jun 8, 2012, 5:13:52 AM6/8/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

There is Selenium 2.23 been released whihc has a fix for FF 13

Cheers,

literal

Jun 8, 2012, 11:39:12 AM6/8/12
to Selenium Users
Same here with standalone server reporting as "v2.23.0, with Core
v2.23.0. Built from revision 17137" and FF 13.0:

17:32:09.718 INFO - Preparing Firefox profile...
17:32:32.531 ERROR - Failed to start new browser session, shutdown
browser and clear all session data

Older FF versions work.

Shaba K

Jun 8, 2012, 5:00:13 PM6/8/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
As per Luke ...

That was a bug - please take 2.23.1

Cheers,

Shaba K

Jun 15, 2012, 5:45:03 AM6/15/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
it's working well for me.

Am on same version C# bindings

Cheers,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Ivan Kosharov <ivan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I tried with 2.23.1 standalone and i got the following error:
"Failed to start new browser session: Error while launching browser"

Happens whith Firefox 13.

Do you know if this if Firefox 13 support is working or if it's in progress?

Thanks.
Ivan

Krishnan Mahadevan

Jun 18, 2012, 3:54:46 PM6/18/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, June 18, 2012, vicky wrote:
HI,

I tried today FF13 with selenium 2.23.1. Without setting a FF profile it is working fine (but the window is not maximised).On the other hand if teh FF profile is set, the browser opens and hangs infinitely.Seems te bugs are not fixed entirely.

Probably because you are referring to a firefox profile that was created by the version of firefox prior to upgrading. Have you tried creating a new firefox profile using FF13 and then using it?

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:55:19 PM UTC+5:30, Ivan Kosharov wrote:
Hi,

I tried with 2.23.1 standalone and i got the following error:
"Failed to start new browser session: Error while launching browser"

Happens whith Firefox 13.

Do you know if this if Firefox 13 support is working or if it's in progress?

Thanks.
Ivan

09 юни 2012, събота, 00:00:13 UTC+3, Shaba написа:

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan