Need help

Vikram

Feb 10, 2010, 9:47:58 AM2/10/10
to Selenium Users, vikra...@microland.com
Hi,

I am new to Selenium and I have gone through many documents and
tutorials but no joy.

I have downloaded the Selenium IDE and added as a plugin in the
firefox.
As soon as I open it from the tools options it says error loading IDE
extensions :Syntax error - illegal character and if I click OK the
table tab is faded out.Its quite frustrating and couldn't find similar
threads in the forum.

I will be very thankful if you could help me out...its been 3 days now

darrell

Feb 10, 2010, 1:35:15 PM2/10/10
to Selenium Users
Your system seems to have trouble. You might want to look into which
version of Selenium IDE you are installing, which version of Firefox,
what other plugin you have installed, etc.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 with Selenium IDE 1.0.2 and it works fine for
me. Something in your system is different from mine (and everyone else
successfully using Selenium IDE). You'll need to figure out what that
difference is and how to remove it.

Darrell

Vikramjit Sharma Gurumayum

Feb 11, 2010, 1:41:14 PM2/11/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the instant response.Its firefox 3.6 and I spent the whole night trying to figure out and finally deleted the firefox profiles and created a new profile manually and started working however after recording few instances by rightclick,generates the script in C# as I am more comfortable with C# but the other buttons and table tab gets faded out again.

I can see the scripts but not the table (faded out) and none of the test buttons are highlighted.Need help,its kind of frustrating.