Verification code

Jayasree

Dec 2, 2010, 5:13:39 AM12/2/10
to Selenium Users
Hi All,

On the application page there is verification code(which is generating
some random number); can any one please let me know how to automate
this code.

Jaya

Brian Kitchener

Dec 2, 2010, 4:44:51 PM12/2/10
to Selenium Users
If i understand you correctly, you want to automate something like a
CAPTCHA image validation? (it displays an image of a random number,
and you have to enter it in before you go any farther).

These are designed to stop automated scripts from accessing the site,
so it's pretty hard to automate! You typically have to have your
developers turn these off in the development environment

Freddy Vega

Dec 2, 2010, 7:58:31 PM12/2/10
to Selenium Users
What I have implemented in the past is have the developers implement a
"back door" to the captcha.
For example:
1. I enter a pre-defined text string into this field (eg R4ND0M)
2. When the web page sees this value being submitted as the captcha
text it allows the registration

In your test you then just have to enter the same captcha for all
tests.

Jayasree prasad

Dec 2, 2010, 8:28:52 PM12/2/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks alot

Meerasaaheb Mohmmad

Dec 6, 2010, 3:53:00 PM12/6/10
to Selenium Users
HI Dude,

Simply generate a javascript prompt and take that prompt value in a
variable.
So when the page loads your script for prompt loads enter the value in
prompt and put that value in captcha related textbox . So there by
your test executes successfully.

Regards,
Meerasaaheb Mohmmad........