How selenium + window title works

Sasi kumar

Jun 17, 2010, 1:24:47 AM6/17/10
to Selenium - Automated Software Testing
how selinuim select window works ,will it look for title in response
or it will look for name when url is invoked??

my issue is new window (it is new browser window) is not identified by
selenium.

i tried selenium.getAllWindowTitles();
selenium.getAllWindowNames() ,but it gives value as undefined.may be
no name assigned when invoking that window. but when i view source of
opened window it has title tag with value.when i use that
selenium.selectWindow("title"); it says no window present.

Paul Singleton

Jun 17, 2010, 3:08:34 AM6/17/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sasi,

have you tried:

selenium.selectWindow("title=test");

Sasi kumar

Jun 19, 2010, 4:54:18 AM6/19/10
to Selenium - Automated Software Testing
It worked in frefox but not in IE

On Jun 17, 12:08 pm, Paul Singleton <psing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Sasi,
>
> have you tried:
>
> selenium.selectWindow("title=test");
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Sasi kumar <sasiku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > how selinuim select window works ,will it look for title in response
> > or it will look for name when url is invoked??
>
> > my issue is new window (it is new browser window) is not identified by
> > selenium.
>
> > i tried selenium.getAllWindowTitles();
> > selenium.getAllWindowNames() ,but it gives value as undefined.may be
> > no name assigned when invoking that window. but when i view source of
> > opened window it has title tag with value.when i use that
> > selenium.selectWindow("title"); it says no window present.
>
> > --
> > .

testing veera

Jul 8, 2010, 10:19:18 AM7/8/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

1. how the selenieum -architecture
2. how to  run the selenium server.
3. how to integrate the Ide,server.

Walter Gorlitz

Jul 8, 2010, 7:38:55 PM7/8/10
On 8 July 2010 07:19, testing veera <testingv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. how the selenieum -architecture

Not sure what you're asking.

> 2. how to  run the selenium server.

Install it.
In Windows
C:\{path to install
directory}\selenium-remote-control-1.0.3\selenium-server-1.0.3\selenium-server.start.cmd

On the Mac, I just double-click on selenium-server.jar

Not sure about Linux and other Unix variants.

> 3. how to integrate the Ide,server.

You don't. They're separate.

What I do is I capture the simple scripts in IDE and then export them
to my language of choice (Perl, but the in-house devs want me to learn
C#) and then I run the scripts/code after I've modified them to do
what I want.

Walter

testing veera

Jul 10, 2010, 2:57:36 AM7/10/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

hi,

     1.i have download the selenium dotnet client driver,
      2. In that i have clicked the selenium server-1.03

        3. How to run this selenium server 1.03 ?
        4. How to run the code  using Nuit? i have record some scripts in the selenium IDE,
            in the source File ,the coding is in Html, i have changed the code into
           C# - selenium rc.
         5. Now i want to copy this code ,and want to execute in Nunit can you tell me.

  Thanks and Regards,
   veera.

testing veera

Jul 10, 2010, 3:08:08 AM7/10/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

hi,

          how the run the selenium test cases in the .net client driver configuration.

     Regards,
      veera

Walter Gorlitz

Jul 11, 2010, 2:49:41 PM7/11/10