Maven artifacts for Selenium 2.0rc3 have arrived in repo1.maven.org

Michael Tamm

Jun 22, 2011, 2:28:17 PM6/22/11
to selenium-developers
Hi all,

I deployed the Maven artifacts for selenium 2.0rc3, they are in the central maven repository now.

Be aware, that there is no "selenium" artifact and no "selenium-remote-control" artifact anymore.

Instead there is the new "selenium-java" artifact, so that the Maven artifacts now reflect the
naming scheme for the archives on http://code.google.com/p/selenium/downloads/

I have also updated the Maven documentation: http://seleniumhq.org/download/maven.html

Kind regards, Michael

Luke Inman-Semerau

Jun 22, 2011, 2:46:25 PM6/22/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michael!

Just in time, as my windows box auto-updated to FF5 ;)

Mark Collin

Jun 22, 2011, 3:01:19 PM6/22/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

Looking good and working well J

-- This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify postm...@ardescosolutions.com

Paul Hammant

Jun 22, 2011, 2:52:25 PM6/22/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Some snafu's on the availability of all the artifacts for a while I guess :- http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22selenium-remote-control%22

Kristian Rosenvold

Jun 22, 2011, 5:28:04 PM6/22/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
There's a synch between the forges and maven central that has been known to take up to 4 hours last time I checked.

Kristian

Kristian Rosenvold

Jun 23, 2011, 1:13:41 AM6/23/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
The artifacts have synched properly but there is no
selenium-remote-control artifact, which
you will actually see if you read Michael's mail again ;)

Kristian

Paul Hammant

Jun 22, 2011, 5:55:29 PM6/22/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
No it was my bad, I did not read Michaels email properly. Specifically the fact that the main artifact has changed name :)

Paul Hammant

Jun 22, 2011, 5:54:46 PM6/22/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
No

stamp_guru

Jun 24, 2011, 4:46:55 PM6/24/11
to Selenium Developers
Great! This is also more "maven like" (only referring to the top-
level artifact with selenium-java). Good work. Updated from rc2
without any problems.

I guess the next step is to modify the build process to distribute
these auto-magically to the maven repository? That would take out the
manual work currently needed and provide the maveniers with first
class citizenship in the selenium community....

Paul Hammant

Jun 24, 2011, 5:00:24 PM6/24/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
They way it is now - arriving in Maven-Central a day or two delayed after the canonical release is as good as it is going to get I think.  It is also good enough.  I say that as a maven user.

- Paul

Mark Collin

Jun 25, 2011, 4:13:36 AM6/25/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

+1, It also means us maven users get 1 – 2 days of user testing by everybody else to find out if anything nasty slipped through ;)

jonm42

Jun 27, 2011, 6:29:45 PM6/27/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Does this sequence of dates look wonky to any one? This is dated the 22nd and the announcement is on the 27th.

Paul Hammant

Jun 27, 2011, 8:08:29 PM6/27/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Relax dude.  The 22nd June release was not a maven release.  The 27th was a follow-up push into maven-land.

- Paul

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM, jonm42 <jon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does this sequence of dates look wonky to any one? This is dated the 22nd and the announcement is on the 27th.

jonm42

Jun 28, 2011, 9:55:21 AM6/28/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
But both are tagged as rc3?