Portland Occupy Heath Fair on Saturday Jan. 28!

1 view

Shiva Markandeya

Dec 31, 2011, 5:41:00 PM12/31/11
to ne-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, gm-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, sw-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, nw-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, opdxcoor...@googlegroups.com, strate...@googlegroups.com, se-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, beaverton-hillsboro...@googlegroups.com, occupy-t...@googlegroups.com, occupypdx-comm...@googlegroups.com, occupyportl...@googlegroups.com

Greetings,

We invite you to join us at the Portland Occupy Heath Fair on Saturday
Jan. 28.
This event will be held at the Alternative Medical Choices
Clinic located at 4867 NE MLK. This will be an educational event with
a three-pronged strategy: first, to discuss current alternatives to
the corporate insurance driven health care model and work toward
strengthening and building better, more inclusive models.  Second, to
educate people about their health; learn strategies to take care of
each other, and ways to increase our wellness as a community.  Third,
to work toward reforming the current system, specifically working
toward bringing the Vermont-style single payer system to Oregon.

We are currently seeking like-minded organizations and individuals to
contribute information booths at our event.  Additionally, we are
looking for guest speakers that can address the health issues our
community faces either through personal story telling or health
education. This event is meant to be an introduction to the
community.  In the future our committee intends to host neighborhood
based clinics in and around Portland.  These clinics will feature a
wide variety of practitioners that will be dedicating their valuable
time in order to help our communities take health care into our own
hands.

Occupy Portland Health welcomes you to join in this event and to
spread the word to others who may also be interested in contributing
or to those who may benefit from attending. Please contact me with any
questions about the event.

Regards,

Magan
magan.holm@gmail.com
pdxoccu...@googlegroups.com

Tommy Murray

Jan 1, 2012, 9:14:07 PM1/1/12
to se-occupyp...@googlegroups.com
We need to get together and talk. I've created a committee to focus on single payer here in Oregon. We are working with Mad as Hell Doctors, Jobs with Justice and other state-wide organizations. Here's the Facebook pages and the Google Group.

Daniel Scott Buck

Jan 2, 2012, 12:23:27 AM1/2/12
to se-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, ne-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, gm-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, sw-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, nw-occupyp...@googlegroups.com, opdxcoor...@googlegroups.com, strate...@googlegroups.com, beaverton-hillsboro...@googlegroups.com, occupy-t...@googlegroups.com, occupypdx-comm...@googlegroups.com, occupyportl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we all need to get on the same page. Perhaps we can do that this weekend. I was down at the Occupy office today and they expressed some concern about the lack of communication between the groups. In fact, there was a Medical Clinic meeting going on at 2 PM today.

Daniel