Opening a new window

Alessandro [AkiRoss] Re

Jul 3, 2010, 10:36:19 AM7/3/10
to scite-interest
Hello,
I use my scite with the option check.if.already.open=1 preventing to
open a new window every time a file is opened.

But I can't find a way to open a new window explicitly: when one is
already opened, all the new files are created on that window, but what
can I do if I wanted to open a single file in a new window?

Thanks very much
~Aki

Philippe Lhoste

Jul 3, 2010, 10:45:53 AM7/3/10
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
On 03/07/2010 16:36, Alessandro [AkiRoss] Re wrote:
> But I can't find a way to open a new window explicitly: when one is
> already opened, all the new files are created on that window, but what
> can I do if I wanted to open a single file in a new window?

If I recall correctly (I no longer use this option...), you uncheck the
option in the Options menu, and this instance will no longer receive the
new files. So they will open in a new window. You can re-check the
option in the instance you want to receive the next files (only one
instance should get the option).

--
Philippe Lhoste
-- (near) Paris -- France

frank wunderlich

Jul 3, 2010, 10:54:29 AM7/3/10
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
You can call
scite -check.if.already.open=0 file

Regards Frank

Alessandro [AkiRoss] Re

Jul 27, 2010, 3:53:11 PM7/27/10
to scite-interest
On Jul 3, 4:54 pm, frank wunderlich <frank.wunderl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You can call
> scite -check.if.already.open=0 file

Wow, this is cute :) Didn't know you can pass options as arguments!
Thank you!
~Aki

Frank

Jul 28, 2010, 6:16:21 AM7/28/10
to scite-interest
you can also do this using a command in the tools-menu:

here my config:

command.name.31.*=open current file in a new window

if PLAT_WIN

command.31.*=$(SciteDefaultHome)\scite.exe -
property:check.if.already.open=0 "$(FilePath)" -goto:$
(SelectionStartLine),$(SelectionStartColumn)

if PLAT_GTK

command.31.*=/usr/bin/scite -property:check.if.already.open=0 "$
(FilePath)" -goto:$(SelectionStartLine),$(SelectionStartColumn)

command.mode.31.*=subsystem:shellexec

regards Frank