Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Michael Grube

da leggere,
14 gen 2013, 10:57:1214/01/13
a science-libe...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure having the name "Science Liberation Front" is going to help. The name immediately compares us to terrorists/criminals. We're de-legitimizing ourselves before we start.

Also, I think the best way to address this issue is to discuss it anonymously and have a public website for distribution.

Bryan Bishop

da leggere,
14 gen 2013, 12:14:0114/01/13
a science-libe...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Michael Grube wrote:
> Also, I think the best way to address this issue is to discuss it
> anonymously and have a public website for distribution.

You're perfectly welcome to be anonymous. As for hosting, here are the
vague requirements that I am aware of.

* About 50M pdfs, and let's say on average 1 MB per article. 50TB of
storage would be a nice start, but this gives absolutely no breathing
room for backups or different staging/production servers. Also this
average doesn't include the bytes for metadata, or the average size of
supplementary data, or the other metadata like journal information.

* Should be hosted anonymously and somewhere safe. I don't mean "pay
with a prepaid credit card" anonymously either, I mean actually
anonymous.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

Bryan Bishop

da leggere,
14 gen 2013, 23:05:0614/01/13
a science-libe...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Bishop, Michael Grube, Nathan McCorkle, Mahipal Raythattha, Charlie Schwabacher
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Michael Grube <michae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure having the name "Science Liberation Front" is going to help.
> The name immediately compares us to terrorists/criminals. We're
> de-legitimizing ourselves before we start.

I guess I didn't make this clear eariler, but please submit a better
name idea. I am willing to change the name once.
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi