2001 Millenium Awards

1 view

Peter Bowditch

Jan 1, 2002, 9:42:08 PM1/1/02
The 2001 Millenium Project Awards have been announced. Winners are:

Anus Maximus Award:

The Australian Vaccination Network

Highly Commended:

Hindu Unity
John Edward (Psychic)
The "Free Yurko" campaign

Encouragement Awards:

Raw Meaty Bones
Constancy of the Velocity of Light
Violent Christians

The Quote of the Year went to an anti-vaccinator who suggested that
children in underdeveloped countries weren't worth saving.

Full story at http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/2001awards.htm

-------------------------------------
Peter Bowditch pet...@ratbags.com
Mad - Quintessence of the Loon http://www.ratbags.com/loon
Bad - The Millenium Project http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
Sad - Full Canvas Jacket http://www.ratbags.com/ranters

Wally Anglesea™

Jan 1, 2002, 10:28:20 PM1/1/02
On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 02:42:08 GMT, Peter Bowditch <pet...@ratbags.com>
wrote:

>The 2001 Millenium Project Awards have been announced. Winners are:
>
>Anus Maximus Award:
>
>The Australian Vaccination Network
>
>Highly Commended:
>
>Hindu Unity
>John Edward (Psychic)
>The "Free Yurko" campaign
>
>Encouragement Awards:
>
>Raw Meaty Bones
>Constancy of the Velocity of Light
>Violent Christians
>
>The Quote of the Year went to an anti-vaccinator who suggested that
>children in underdeveloped countries weren't worth saving.
>
>Full story at http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/2001awards.htm

David, you are my hero. I hope that Yurko dies in prison.

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."

Peter Bowditch

Jan 1, 2002, 11:09:55 PM1/1/02
sci.skeptic restored

jdrew...@aol.com (Jan) wrote:

>>Subject: 2001 Millenium Awards
>>From: Peter Bowditch pet...@ratbags.com
>>Date: 1/1/02 6:42 PM Pacific Standard Time

>>The 2001 Millenium Project Awards have been announced. Winners are:
>

>Let me guess. It's all about the MANY needless deaths and mistakes made by
>Conventional medicine?? Or the MANY diseases they deny??
>
>No?
>
>Jan

Well, Jan, I guess that you have now had time to stop guessing and
actually look at the thing. So, which of the entries do you think
should not be there?

The people who want to increase the needless deaths of children?
(Their target is millions of extra deaths each year, not to mention
the blindness, deformities, brain damage and so on that give them
their jollies.)

The lady who thinks that needless deaths don't matter if they are in
third world countries?

The Hindus who want the Pope to be a needless death?

The man who was going to talk to the people who needlessly died in the
WTC attack?

The man who increased the needless deaths by just one when he murdered
his girlfriend's baby?

The girlfriend who didn't seem to think her son's death was needless
because she married the murderer afterwards?

I'm sure these are all fine people who should not be belittled, but I
really would like to know which ones are the good guys.

For those who missed the bits that Jan snipped, we are talking about

Peter Bowditch

Jan 2, 2002, 1:32:35 AM1/2/02
sci.skeptic restored

jdrew...@aol.com (Jan) wrote:

>>Subject: Re: 2001 Millenium Awards
>>From: Peter Bowditch pet...@ratbags.com
>>Date: 1/1/02 8:09 PM Pacific Standard Time

>>sci.skeptic restored

>>>Let me guess. It's all about the MANY needless deaths and mistakes made by
>>>Conventional medicine?? Or the MANY diseases they deny??
>>>
>>>No?
>>>
>>>Jan
>>
>>Well, Jan, I guess that you have now had time to stop guessing and
>>actually look at the thing. So, which of the entries do you think
>>should not be there?
>

>I think the whole thing is a big waste of time.
>
>Add them ALL together and they don't even begin to compare to the really BIG
>problems.
>
>Jan

Yes, I suppose you're right, Jan. What does a million children dead
from measles and about 3 million people dead from AIDS in the last
year matter when there are real problems to solve? And if a man bashes
a ten-week-old baby until the little boy's brain bleeds and his eyes
fill with blood and some nice people want to call the murderer a hero,
that's all right too because they are alternative medicine supporters
and it is all in a good cause.

It really is a waste of time to try to stop these things happening,
isn't it?

Peter Bowditch

Jan 2, 2002, 5:08:56 AM1/2/02
sci.skeptic restored

jdrew...@aol.com (Jan) wrote:

>>Subject: Re: 2001 Millenium Awards
>>From: Peter Bowditch pet...@ratbags.com

>>Date: 1/1/02 10:32 PM Pacific Standard Time

>Where did these figures come from and who determines what killed them?

World Health Organization http://www.int/ for the measles figures. A
graph of AIDS stats for 2001 is at
http://www.unaids.org/worldaidsday/2001/EPIgraphics2001/EPIgraphic1_en.gif

By the way - 35,000 children die each year in Afghanistan from measles
and rubella. There is a proposal to vaccinate all the kids in the
country now that the fighting has stopped. The opposition to saving
these 35,000 lives started today.

You can read about the campaign against the development of an AIDS
vaccine at http://www.protectmedicalfreedom.com Please note that this
is not an objection to a possibly dangerous existing vaccine - this is
an objection to the idea of saving millions of lives. Those lives do
not matter to people with a cause.

>> And if a man bashes
>>a ten-week-old baby until the little boy's brain bleeds and his eyes
>>fill with blood and some nice people want to call the murderer a hero,
>>that's all right too
>

>No that is not all right.

>>because they are alternative medicine supporters
>>and it is all in a good cause.
>

>What on earth are you talking about? Certainly NOT all alternative medicine
>supporters would condone such a thing.

I didn't say "all".

The International Chiropractors Association has declared Alan Yurko to
be a "hero". It's in quotes because that is the word they used.

http://www.chiropractic.org/news/pedscouncil.htm

If you look at http://www.freeyurko.bizland.com/appeal.html you can
see a partial list of murderer supporters and it is a sort of Who's
Who of alt-med. Just some of the familiar names are Joseph Mercola,
Leonard Horowitz, Ted Koren, John Hammell, Harris Coulter, Bernard
Rimland, Jane Orient, Jeff Rense, Hal Huggins (one especially for
Jan), Jock Doubleday, etc

The Townsend Letter has been supportive as well, as have some of the
homebirth and mothering magazines.

>>It really is a waste of time to try to stop these things happening,
>>isn't it?
>

>Not what I said. It is a waste of time to put up websites which speaks of,
>
>Anus Maximus Award
>
>Winners each receive a tube of haemorrhoid cream and a wire brush applicator.
>
>Or how some people get thier jollies.
>
>Jan

If I can turn one person away from the lies told by the
anti-vaccination campaigners then nothing is wasted. These people are
vile. They do not care how many children die or are permanently
disabled. I only suggested a wire brush to be polite.

Mark Probert

Jan 2, 2002, 9:41:33 AM1/2/02
wrote:

>The 2001 Millenium Project Awards have been announced. Winners are:

>Anus Maximus Award:
>
>The Australian Vaccination Network
>
>Highly Commended:
>
>Hindu Unity
>John Edward (Psychic)
>The "Free Yurko" campaign
>
>Encouragement Awards:
>
>Raw Meaty Bones
>Constancy of the Velocity of Light
>Violent Christians
>
>The Quote of the Year went to an anti-vaccinator who suggested that
>children in underdeveloped countries weren't worth saving.
>
>Full story at http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/2001awards.htm

Your continuing expose of the Yurko affair is to be commended. The
inconsistencies in the defense that you describe are so obvious. The
jury that heard ALL the evidence, and found him guilty must be
congratulated.

My son's ped neurosurgeon reported a case of fatal shaken baby
syndrome to the authorities. I attended the trial, as it was
convenient to my office, and I had a personal interest in seeing how
the doctor handled himself.

He had performed an emergeny decompression craniotomy and found the
CSF to be bright red with fresh blood when he opened the cranium.

His testimony on shaken baby syndrome was very enlightening and most
informative.

The father was found guilty. I should point out that the father was a
medical doctor.

How is that for the ethics of my son's doc?

Mark Probert

Jan 2, 2002, 9:43:07 AM1/2/02
On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:28:20 GMT, Wally Anglesea™
<wang...@spbigpondam.net.au> wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 02:42:08 GMT, Peter Bowditch <pet...@ratbags.com>
>wrote:
>
>>The 2001 Millenium Project Awards have been announced. Winners are:
>>
>>Anus Maximus Award:
>>
>>The Australian Vaccination Network
>>
>>Highly Commended:
>>
>>Hindu Unity
>>John Edward (Psychic)
>>The "Free Yurko" campaign
>>
>>Encouragement Awards:
>>
>>Raw Meaty Bones
>>Constancy of the Velocity of Light
>>Violent Christians
>>
>>The Quote of the Year went to an anti-vaccinator who suggested that
>>children in underdeveloped countries weren't worth saving.
>>
>>Full story at http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/2001awards.htm
>

>David, you are my hero. I hope that Yurko dies in prison.

A slow one...

Mark

Jan 2, 2002, 4:20:09 PM1/2/02
Wally Anglesea? <wang...@spbigpondam.net.au> wrote in message news:<ihv43uob36nkk2a5f...@4ax.com>...

> David, you are my hero. I hope that Yurko dies in prison.

I'm a pediatrician. I've taken care of more shaken babies in
pediatric ICUs than I care to remember.

The violence it takes to do this to a child is incredible. Imagine
taking a Cabbage Patch doll and flinging it around so violently that
its head pops off...well, that's about what it takes to slosh a baby's
brain around in its skull until it turns to mush and the eyeballs fill
with blood.

I hope Yurko is repeatedly and violently raped in prison, over and
over, on many, many occasions until he dies of blood loss from a
shredded rectum.

I mean it. To do what he did to that baby is just about the most
despicable thing I can imagine, and I hope he suffers hell on earth
until he screams for the mercy of death. And then I hope he doesn't
get the death he craves until Satan has prepared a nice hot place for
him to spend the rest of eternity.

Those who defend him should get the cell next door.

Mark, MD

Happy Dog

Jan 2, 2002, 9:07:34 PM1/2/02
"Mark" <mlo...@bellsouth.net>

> I mean it. To do what he did to that baby is just about the most
> despicable thing I can imagine,

Then you need to read a bit more history.

> and I hope he suffers hell on earth
> until he screams for the mercy of death. And then I hope he doesn't
> get the death he craves until Satan has prepared a nice hot place for
> him to spend the rest of eternity.

Anyything to add to that?
arf

Mark Probert

Jan 3, 2002, 9:01:40 AM1/3/02
On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:07:34 -0500, "Happy Dog" <happ...@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>"Mark" <mlo...@bellsouth.net>
>
>> I mean it. To do what he did to that baby is just about the most
>> despicable thing I can imagine,
>
>Then you need to read a bit more history.

Exactly what additional history need be read? Do you have a citation?
Did you read the evidence?

Rich Andrews

Jan 3, 2002, 5:16:36 PM1/3/02
Peter Bowditch <pet...@ratbags.com> wrote in

I do so love those people with the anti-DDT agenda. They would rather
have millions die from malaria than have a bit of DDT around.

Want to talk about a hoax? Let's talk about Rachel Carson's book "Silent
Spring".

Want to talk about "needless deaths"? Let's talk about the millions that
die each year due to malaria.

You want to talk about a conspiracy? Let's talk about the anti-DDT camp.

You want to talk about AM vs. CM? Let's talk about the efficacy of DDT
and the homeopathic AM products that comes close to it.

So many agendas, so little time.

rich

--
"The power of accurate observation is called cynicism
by those who have not got it."

D. C. Sessions

Jan 3, 2002, 11:33:43 PM1/3/02
In <ihv43uob36nkk2a5f...@4ax.com> Wally Anglesea™ posted:

> On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 02:42:08 GMT, Peter Bowditch <pet...@ratbags.com>
> wrote:

>>Full story at http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/2001awards.htm
>
> David, you are my hero. I hope that Yurko dies in prison.

I don't. Or at least not any time soon.

--
| May I have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, |
| the strength to change the things I cannot accept, and the |

Rich Andrews

Jan 4, 2002, 3:12:49 AM1/4/02
"D. C. Sessions" <d...@lumbercartel.com> wrote in

> In <ihv43uob36nkk2a5f...@4ax.com> Wally Anglesea™ posted:
>> On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 02:42:08 GMT, Peter Bowditch <pet...@ratbags.com>
>> wrote:
>
>>>Full story at http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/2001awards.htm
>>
>> David, you are my hero. I hope that Yurko dies in prison.
>
> I don't. Or at least not any time soon.

I want Yurko to spend an eternity behind bars, making his existence an
everlasting nightmare. May he live long and suffer.

ka&g

Jan 4, 2002, 12:03:37 PM1/4/02

"Mark" <mlo...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> I hope Yurko is repeatedly and violently raped in prison, over and
> over, on many, many occasions until he dies of blood loss from a
> shredded rectum.

hey, wanna use my sig file?!

oh, wait....no, better not. you've already attracted the attention of one
full-on net loon with your sentiment about this. <G> besides, your wording
is so much more....well...to the point, eh?

---you certainly don't need two more frustrated net whackos slinging
textbook psychobabble at you over a simple sig file. (sigh--gives them
*something* to write about here at mha, i suppose)

you know, i'm rather bemused by the fact that many of those maniacally
self-congratulatory psychobabble rants of rich's--about several different
posters/issues, not just yours truly--apparently don't qualify as "full
canvas jacket" material on peterb's website--perhaps he missed them.

where do i nominate??!!!

--
Willow: "I bet you'll think coding is pretty cool. I mean, if you find
two-digit

Buffy: "He should be doing sixty years in prison, breaking rocks and making
special friends with Rosco the weight lifter."
Xander: "Yikes. The quality of mercy is not Buffy."

Lorrill Buyens

Jan 6, 2002, 12:37:41 AM1/6/02
On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:01:40 GMT, Mark_Prob...@hotmail.com (Mark
Probert) ordered a sci.skeptic pizza with extra cheese, but got this
instead:

>On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:07:34 -0500, "Happy Dog" <happ...@sympatico.ca>
>wrote:
>
>>"Mark" <mlo...@bellsouth.net>
>>
>>> I mean it. To do what he did to that baby is just about the most
>>> despicable thing I can imagine,
>>
>>Then you need to read a bit more history.
>
>Exactly what additional history need be read? Do you have a citation?
>Did you read the evidence?

Oh, for Pete's sake. He means that the death of this poor kid,
while totally reprehensible, is hardly worse than Stalin's purges,
the Holocaust, or any other act of major atrocity.

--
Lorrill Buyens
"A load of steaming horse shit could indeed keep a human afloat,