"Not Brad", "Peter Hood", etc Numbers

Reader

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
From the fact that "Not Brad" IDs have numbers like 666 and 999,
may I assume that the first 600-or-so "Not Brad" numbers are
taken up by Brad himself under his various sockpuppets?

Who is the assigning authority? (Assuming it is... NOT Brad?)

I would like a "Not Brad" number, pretty please on bended knees!

I would also like a "Michelle Devereaux" number (see below *),
and, whenever available, a "Peter Hood" number, a "Kali" number,
a "John M. Price" number, a "Pogo Possum" (or the other name)
number, a "Mark Morin" number, a "Brian" number (is Brian's last
name public?), and (if/when they become active again) a "William
Scott Scherk" number and a "Raven" number.

In these cases, I assume the "original" assigns the numbers.

* From the "*I* am Michelle Devereaux" thread
( http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=629344503 ),
I think the first eight numbers would probably go as follows:

#1: the original Michelle.
#2: John M. Price.
#3: Kali.
#4: Peter Hood.
#5: Brian.
#6: S.A. Jordan.
#7: Phoenix.
#8: Dave Ratcliffe.

If we could assign each name a standard order, we could generate
an SPP "geek-code"-like sigline, where just the numbers are in
sequence, eg 43-0-2-7-671-0 = "Peter Hood #43, Kali # not
assigned, John M. Price #2, Pogo Possum #7, Not Brad #671, Brian
# not assigned,...". Mmmm: always put them in alphabetic order?

*** I am not Brad, and there is no evidence that I am. ***
(*I* am Michelle Devereaux!)
- S.A. Jordan #1. [SPP:0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0]

NOT BRAD #999

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
In article <15ef94f0...@usw-ex0104-026.remarq.com>,
posted Fri, 09 Jun 2000 01:08:10 -0700,
s_a_jorda...@hotmail.com.invalid says...
:From the fact that "Not Brad" IDs have numbers like 666 and 999,

anti, and anti-anti!

:may I assume that the first 600-or-so "Not Brad" numbers are

:taken up by Brad himself under his various sockpuppets?

Well, not planned that way, but now that you mention it...

:Who is the assigning authority? (Assuming it is... NOT Brad?)

That would be Bob.

:I would like a "Not Brad" number, pretty please on bended knees!

Then pray to Bob, send Him a dollar, and ye shall receive.

:I would also like a "Michelle Devereaux" number (see below *),

:and, whenever available, a "Peter Hood" number, a "Kali" number,
:a "John M. Price" number, a "Pogo Possum" (or the other name)
:number, a "Mark Morin" number, a "Brian" number (is Brian's last
:name public?), and (if/when they become active again) a "William
:Scott Scherk" number and a "Raven" number.

<applause!>

:In these cases, I assume the "original" assigns the numbers.

Or Bob. But in this case, I've reserved Kali #2 for you, S.A.

:* From the "*I* am Michelle Devereaux" thread

: ( http://www.deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=629344503 ),
: I think the first eight numbers would probably go as follows:
:
: #1: the original Michelle.
: #2: John M. Price.
: #3: Kali.
: #4: Peter Hood.
: #5: Brian.
: #6: S.A. Jordan.
: #7: Phoenix.
: #8: Dave Ratcliffe.

Awesome! I get to be Michelle #3!

:If we could assign each name a standard order, we could generate

:an SPP "geek-code"-like sigline, where just the numbers are in
:sequence, eg 43-0-2-7-671-0 = "Peter Hood #43, Kali # not
:assigned, John M. Price #2, Pogo Possum #7, Not Brad #671, Brian
:# not assigned,...". Mmmm: always put them in alphabetic order?
:
: *** I am not Brad, and there is no evidence that I am. ***
: (*I* am Michelle Devereaux!)
: - S.A. Jordan #1. [SPP:0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0]

hehe... okay, letsee, I'm
SPP: 4-1-0-0-999-0-SA#? William is in the outback, but will
return by month's end, IIRC.

Of course, I *AM* Michelle Devereaux.

But I am NOT Brad, and there is NO DECENT EVIDENCE that I am.
There may be SOME EVIDENCE, but it is not convincing.

You are my sockpuppet.

Bob bless you.

--

Kali

James S. Adelman

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
NOT BRAD #999 said:

> But I am NOT Brad, and there is NO DECENT EVIDENCE that I am.
> There may be SOME EVIDENCE, but it is not convincing.

<AOL>
Me too!
</AOL>
--
James S. Adelman
Harrow, Middlesex

Reader

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
NOT BRAD #999 <ka...@lart.com> wrote:
> s_a_jorda...@hotmail.com.invalid says...
>> From the fact that "Not Brad" IDs have numbers
>> like 666 and 999,
>
> anti, and anti-anti!

And here I thought 999 was the number of the Tasmanian Devil
(the Beast Down Under), aka the Australian Antichrist.

>> may I assume that the first 600-or-so "Not Brad" numbers are
>> taken up by Brad himself under his various sockpuppets?
>
> Well, not planned that way, but now that you mention it...

He deserves full credit for starting the "I am not Brad" fad!

>> Who is the assigning authority? (Assuming it is... NOT Brad?)
>
> That would be Bob.

You mean... "Bob"? (I think the quote marks are traditional.)

>> I would like a "Not Brad" number, pretty please on bended
>> knees!
>
> Then pray to Bob, send Him a dollar, and ye shall receive.

So we rename Simony as... Bobby?

>> I would also like a "Michelle Devereaux" # (see below *),
>> and, whenever available, a "Peter Hood" #, a "Kali" #,
>> a "John M. Price" #, a "Pogo Possum" (or the other name) #,
>> a "Mark Morin" #, a "Brian" # (is Brian's last name public?),

>> and (if/when they become active again) a "William Scott

>> Scherk" # and a "Raven" #.
>
> <applause!>

Exactly: emulation and identification is the highest compliment.

(No mere "imitation" - and no mere "flattery"!)

>> In these cases, I assume the "original" assigns the numbers.
>
> Or Bob. But in this case, I've reserved Kali #2 for you, S.A.

Thank you! I will bear it proudly, as a standard to live up to.

> hehe... okay, letsee, I'm SPP: 4-1-0-0-999-0-SA#?

I take joy and honor in reciprocating your kind bestowal of
Kali #2 by conferring upon you the sobriquet of S.A. Jordan #2.

>You are my sockpuppet.
>
>Bob bless you.

Hmmm... one defining trait of a sockpuppet is to deny being the
sockpuppeteer, isn't it? But here I am doing the very opposite:
I proudly *proclaim* myself to be you - or, at least, you #2.
So I am no mere sockpuppet, but rather... your ANTIsockpuppet.

Yes, it makes evolutionary sense. With the prolonged existence
of sockpuppets comes an ecological niche for their predators,
and selection pressure breeding for the most efficient predatory
traits: fur shaded to blend into the background and delude the
prey's eyes; senses keenly honed to detect and track the prey;
skeletomuscular structure set to run the prey down no matter
how hard it tries to escape; instincts to find its Achilles heel
and shake it until it flops helplessly, exposed and edible... so
that soon only pawprints and a few scraps of lint remain behind,
as traces of the quick struggle and its preordained outcome.

Oh, there is trembling in the sock drawers tonight, a rustling
and a faint whimper from scattered bureaus across the land.

The Age of the Sockpuppet passes.

The Age of the Antisockpuppet begins.

And soon... soon we FEAST. Nyarhhhhl-huh-heh-heh-grrrrrrrrrrr...

[lifts paw to wipe dripping saliva from drooling jowls]

[morphs back to human form, mostly]

[toothy grin]

See you at the hunt, Kali #1!

- Kali #2

[lifts a finger to delicately wipe the corner of the mouth]

[flicks a tiny fluff of lint off the fingertip]

[strolls away, humming]

NOT BRAD #999

Jun 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/10/00
In article <01d24334...@usw-ex0104-026.remarq.com>,
posted Fri, 09 Jun 2000 22:10:05 -0700,
s_a_jorda...@hotmail.com.invalid says...

:NOT BRAD #999 <ka...@lart.com> wrote:
:> s_a_jorda...@hotmail.com.invalid says...
:>> From the fact that "Not Brad" IDs have numbers
:>> like 666 and 999,
:>
:> anti, and anti-anti!
:
:And here I thought 999 was the number of the Tasmanian Devil
:(the Beast Down Under), aka the Australian Antichrist.

I've always wanted to go to Australia. I'll take it!

snip

:> Then pray to Bob, send Him a dollar, and ye shall receive.

:
:So we rename Simony as... Bobby?

Who is Simony? Is this blasphemy!?

:>> I would also like a "Michelle Devereaux" # (see below *),

:>> and, whenever available, a "Peter Hood" #, a "Kali" #,
:>> a "John M. Price" #, a "Pogo Possum" (or the other name) #,
:>> a "Mark Morin" #, a "Brian" # (is Brian's last name public?),
:>> and (if/when they become active again) a "William Scott
:>> Scherk" # and a "Raven" #.
:>
:> <applause!>
:
:Exactly: emulation and identification is the highest compliment.
:
:(No mere "imitation" - and no mere "flattery"!)
:
:>> In these cases, I assume the "original" assigns the numbers.
:>
:> Or Bob. But in this case, I've reserved Kali #2 for you, S.A.
:
:Thank you! I will bear it proudly, as a standard to live up to.

Of course, I'm honored that you are honored.

:> hehe... okay, letsee, I'm SPP: 4-1-0-0-999-0-SA#?

:
:I take joy and honor in reciprocating your kind bestowal of
:Kali #2 by conferring upon you the sobriquet of S.A. Jordan #2.

Thank ye, kind sir. I shall wear it with the greatest of
pride.

:>You are my sockpuppet.

:>
:>Bob bless you.
:
:Hmmm... one defining trait of a sockpuppet is to deny being the
:sockpuppeteer, isn't it? But here I am doing the very opposite:
:I proudly *proclaim* myself to be you - or, at least, you #2.
:So I am no mere sockpuppet, but rather... your ANTIsockpuppet.

And I you, #2.

:Yes, it makes evolutionary sense. With the prolonged existence

:of sockpuppets comes an ecological niche for their predators,
:and selection pressure breeding for the most efficient predatory
:traits: fur shaded to blend into the background and delude the
:prey's eyes; senses keenly honed to detect and track the prey;
:skeletomuscular structure set to run the prey down no matter
:how hard it tries to escape; instincts to find its Achilles heel
:and shake it until it flops helplessly, exposed and edible... so
:that soon only pawprints and a few scraps of lint remain behind,
:as traces of the quick struggle and its preordained outcome.
:
:Oh, there is trembling in the sock drawers tonight, a rustling
:and a faint whimper from scattered bureaus across the land.

<rofl>

This kind of thing makes Sir Robyn very excited.

:The Age of the Sockpuppet passes.

:
:The Age of the Antisockpuppet begins.
:
:And soon... soon we FEAST. Nyarhhhhl-huh-heh-heh-grrrrrrrrrrr...
:
:[lifts paw to wipe dripping saliva from drooling jowls]
:
:[morphs back to human form, mostly]
:
:[toothy grin]
:
:See you at the hunt, Kali #1!
:
:- Kali #2
:
:[lifts a finger to delicately wipe the corner of the mouth]
:
:[flicks a tiny fluff of lint off the fingertip]
:
:[strolls away, humming]

What a riot! I enter into my Saturday Thing with excellent
humor!

--

Kali