had oasys in , somewhat red veins and redness on the right of the center

Markus

Jun 10, 2006, 2:44:11 AM6/10/06
had oasys in , somewhat red veins and redness on the right of the center

when i woke up and was driving for a while i saw it in my eye, it did not
hurt, but i took the contact out, i slept the contacts overnight as you
proabbyl know...

i put eye drops it still has redness some...

i guess i will wait more days for it to heal...

acem...@yahoo.com

Jun 10, 2006, 4:13:01 AM6/10/06

dont sleep in contacts, its bad practice and not healthy for the eyes.
Dont listen to anyone that says its OK, I can show proof that its not.
I have never, ever slept in contacts.

Markus

Jun 10, 2006, 5:27:08 AM6/10/06
acem...@yahoo.com wrote in

they are oasys.... there are no absolutes in life...

i can show proof that there are no absolutes in life except in systems
independant of the universe.... (yes, i am a philosopher, you want to
rague we can have fun... but i am busy now...HAHAHAH)...

now , what you are saying is fear tactics for the masses... please

let me talk to an elite...

my eye should heal in about 5 days? i think i will just put it in the
right eye until it clears up then wait about 4-5 days after it clears
up..

acem...@yahoo.com

Jun 10, 2006, 8:11:45 AM6/10/06
Do what you want, but I suggest you talk to my optometrist who was
shocked when I mentioned sleeping in contacts and he said dont even
think of it! As for your red eye, yes itll clear up if you take care of
your eyes and not sleep in contacts or overwear them or youll make them
redder and redder and infect it! Show mercy!

acem...@yahoo.com

Jun 10, 2006, 8:19:04 AM6/10/06
Found one of the 1000+ articles discouraging extended wear

Extended Wear

Some soft lenses can be worn for a number of days in a row without
removal at night. Keeping lenses in overnight is known as extended wear
(as opposed to daily wear in which the lenses are removed each night
before sleep). While extended wear does offer convenience, studies
have found that extended wear can increase the risk of serious contact
lens complications. The decision to try extended wear should only be
made after careful discussion of its risks and benefits with your
practitioner .In addition, extended wear requires special lenses. Under
no circumstances should you simply try extended wear with your old
lenses! The U.S. Food and Drug Administration now advises that
extended wear not exceed six nights (seven days). A recent development
is that of Continuous Wear Contact Lenses, which the FDA has approved,
i.e., extended wear for up to 30 days. This has been made possible by
the advent of silicon-hydrogel lens materials. These lenses have
exceptionally high oxygen permeability. However, because some eyes are
better able to adapt to extended wear than other eyes, an appropriate
extended wear schedule can only be determined by your practitioner.
Because of its greater risk, extended wear requires more frequent
practitioner visits and for this reason is likely to cost more than
daily wear.

Another article:

People who regularly wear contact lenses while sleeping are at least
eight times more likely to develop corneal damage than those who don't,
according to a new study.

The study, from scientists at The Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute,
the Oregon Health Sciences University's Casey Eye Institute, and
Michigan State University, concludes that eliminating overnight use of
disposable and conventional extended-wear lenses would reduce the rate
of lens-associated ulcerative keratitis by as much as 74 percent.

Ulcerative keratitis is a destructive inflammation of the cornea, the
clear cover of the eye, caused by infection with bacteria or other
germs. The study appears in the February issue of the Archives of
Ophthalmology.

"The main point is that most of the risk is due to overnight wear, not
lens type," says Oliver Schein, M.D., M.P.H., of Wilmer's Cornea
Service and Dana Center for Preventive Ophthalmology, and senior author
of the paper. "Even 41 lens care hygiene, although recommended, does
not protect the wearer against the excess risk of overnight wear."

Is it worth the risks just to save ONE MINUTE it takes to pop in/out
your contacts? You already are developing problems, this is a warning
sign of more serious ailments. I am not a doctor, but I have shown you
proof of the risks. I am not telling you to avoid contacts, just not to
be so lazy to forget to remove them before sleeping! Its super easy and
quick!

Markus

Jun 10, 2006, 8:22:09 PM6/10/06
ace... i found 1000000000000000

articles saying to be like others...

i suggest you listen to the Gnarls Barkley song "Crazy"