Re: I did a bad thing :-(

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 11, 2006, 1:58:44 AM8/11/06
Jolanna wrote:
> A few days ago I bought a month's groceries, including a lot of fruit.

Uh-oh. Lots of any kind of food especially fruit is not advisable for
type 2 diabetics.

> Today I noticed the apricots were looking over ripe so I decided I had
> better eat them for lunch with my tacquitos. The tacquitoes have
> enough carbs in the corn tortilla that I shouldn't have done that. but
> the fruit sure was good.

Those who are using the diabetic 2PD-OMER Approach would have kept
their lunch at the same amount in terms of weight even with the
inclusion of apricots.

> A couple hours later I wanted a snack.

Eating healthy thereby being healthier increases hunger, which is one's
healthy appetite.

> I looked in the fridge and
> spied some pudding in little snack cups. It has been months since I
> had pudding, so I ate one.

In truth, the reason you ate one was because of how you were dealing
with being hungrier.

> After awhile I was hungry again so I ate a
> couple of very small wrinkled peaches. They were delicious. Awhile
> after that I suddenly remembered the cherries. I got the whole bag out
> and set it on my desk while I was reading. My elbow sure was bending
> between the bag and my mouth!
>
> All of a sudden, it was like I woke up and asked myself, what am I
> doing!!

You were so bothered by your hunger that you decided unconsciously that
you would not put up with it and proceeded to eat to drive it away.

> I had to force myself to put the bag away. Then I decided
> maybe I better test my bg. It was 230!!

Not a surprise.

Anyone can overeat to the point of elevating their blood glucose
inordinately.

> And the cherries hadn't really
> had time to hit the bloodstream. I decided right then and there that I
> had better ask my PCP for a referrel to a nutritionist. I need help
> controlling the "hungries"!!

Actually, you need to befriend your hunger. The healthier you become,
the hungrier you will be. Again, hunger is a healthy appetite.

Three truths about hunger:

(1) No one has every died from hunger. People do die from starvation.
People dying from starvation are **not** hungry.

(2) "Hunger is the best pickle (seasoning)" -- Benjamin Franklin

(3) Hunger is a healthy person as a canary is to a coal miner. If you
lose your hunger without eating more, there is something wrong (cancer,
AIDS, tuberculosis, et cetera).

In truth, hunger is a blessing:

"Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied." -- LORD
Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

"The laborer's appetite works for him; his hunger drives him on." --
King Solomon (Proverbs 16:26)

> For a late supper I had a broiled, skinless, boneless chicken breast
> and a caesar salad with NO croutons, plus half a cucumber. One hour PP
> is 90. Thank God.

Yes... thank and praise HIM always. Laus Deo !

> I have got to portion the fruit out only a little per day. And leave the pudding for my son.

Would suggest you ask your doctor(s) to supervise your use of the
diabetic 2PD-OMER Approach.

> So what can I chomp on mid-afternoon?

When you find yourself unable to put up with your hunger in between
smaller meals, it would be wise for you to find things to do instead of
things to eat. Let your work be your food instead of snacks outside of
meals.

"My food is to do the will of HIM who sent ME and to finish HIS work."
-- LORD Jesus Christ (John 4:34)

> Cucumbers?

No. Work.

> Fresh broccoli with Caesar dressing for dip?

No. Work.

> What am I going to do with all that fruit?

Take them to your local homeless shelter.

> My PCP told me to eat an apple a day. How much fruit can a T2 eat in a
> day?

Depends on how much you are already eating.

> My son won't eat it. And I love it. I shouldn't have bought so
> much. If I have to dribble it out per day, it is going to spoil. Rats!

Again, take them to your local homeless shelter.

May Christ Jesus' peace be with you, dear neighbor Julana.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

Al

Aug 11, 2006, 7:52:15 AM8/11/06
Andrew B. Chung, notorious whacko, wrote:

> You were so bothered by your hunger that you decided unconsciously that
> you would not put up with it and proceeded to eat to drive it away.

You're a very sick fuck, Chung. We should all pray for you so you get
worse. (Recently proven)

blackr...@yahoo.com

Aug 11, 2006, 8:21:30 AM8/11/06
Yes, do ask your doctor to do this, and let us know what he or she says
in response, please.