Re: Godel's Modal logic?

Message has been deleted

Aatu Koskensilta

Jan 6, 2011, 5:51:45 AM1/6/11
Anonymous <nob...@remailer.paranoici.org> writes:

> Are the modal logic works of Gödel in the internet?

Gödel didn't do any substantial work in modal logic. You may be
thinking of his analysis of Leibniz's ontological argument for God. You
will find more information on this on the web, e.g.

http://www.stats.uwaterloo.ca/~cgsmall/ontology.html

--
Aatu Koskensilta (aatu.kos...@uta.fi)

"Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen"

Frederick Williams

Jan 6, 2011, 9:45:36 AM1/6/11
Aatu Koskensilta wrote:

> Anonymous <nob...@remailer.paranoici.org> writes:
>
> > Are the modal logic works of Gödel in the internet?
>
> Gödel didn't do any substantial work in modal logic. You may be
> thinking of his analysis of Leibniz's ontological argument for God. You
> will find more information on this on the web, e.g.
>
> http://www.stats.uwaterloo.ca/~cgsmall/ontology.html

There is also his short paper on interpreting L as Bew. (Or perhaps I
should say _not_ interpreting it thus.)

--
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas
or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in

Aatu Koskensilta

Jan 7, 2011, 3:46:08 AM1/7/11
Frederick Williams <freddyw...@btinternet.com> writes:

> There is also his short paper on interpreting L as Bew. (Or perhaps I
> should say _not_ interpreting it thus.)

Yes, there is. With this addition we have, I think, exhausted the
extent of Gödel's work in modal logic.