Some ways to live longer healthier life

1 view

Radium

Jan 17, 2007, 10:30:13 AM1/17/07
Go on a diet of natural, organic, "non-pesticided" plants only --
fruits, veggies, herbs, almonds, cashews, etc.

But don't eat them just like that. First, use a molecular machine to
remove all the following substances from the plants before eating them:

1.. Any and all forms of chlorine [including sodium chloride] but do
not completely avoid sodium as it is needed in small quantites. Sodium
is a basic mineral and is needed. Excess or deficiency of Na can be
dangerous. Chlorine, OTOH, is not necessary. Completely remove it from
your list of consumed chemicals. Make sure any water [whether drinking,
shower, or washing] you come in contact with, is free of chlorine.
Don't use chlorine for cleaning either. Chlorine is evil.
2. All simple sugars -- but remember to keep those complex
carbohydrates as the central nervous system can only use carbs for
energy!
3. All non-beneficial, non-essential fatty acids
4. Any glycerol
5. Any non-beneficial, non-essential amino acids
6. Any lead or other dangerous substances.

Eat in moderation.

Drink at least at 8 glasses of "drinking water" a day.

Diet is one thing. You also should exercise. Be sure to get at least 30
minutes of aerobic exercise each day. Also perform stretching exercises
before aerobics.

Avoid smoking. Avoid any form of tobacco. Don't use any street drugs.
If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation and avoid hard
liquor. If you don't consume alcohol, there is no need to start.

Radium

Jan 17, 2007, 10:32:32 AM1/17/07
Radium wrote:
> 1.. Any and all forms of chlorine [including sodium chloride] but do
> not completely avoid sodium as it is needed in small quantites. Sodium
> is a basic mineral and is needed. Excess or deficiency of Na can be
> dangerous. Chlorine, OTOH, is not necessary. Completely remove it from
> your list of consumed chemicals. Make sure any water [whether drinking,
> shower, or washing] you come in contact with, is free of chlorine.
> Don't use chlorine for cleaning either. Chlorine is evil.

Note: Be sure to to seperate the chlorine part of the sodium-chloride
before consumption

dkw1...@yahoo.com

Jan 17, 2007, 11:04:26 AM1/17/07

Well, pure sodium is extremely reactive and would explode when it hit
the moisture in your mouth. Pure chloine is also toxic and was called
mustard gas in WW 1, and it forms HCL, hydrochloric acid when it reacts
with moisture. Often the compound formed by two or more elements has
nothing in common with the elements biologically.

After all is said and done, you are going to die. I seriously doubt the
above diet would significantly improve your life. Beyond not smoking
and drinking (in excess), and watching your weight and diet and
exercising, and perhaps taking some Omega-3, the science is mostly
anecdotal for the rest of it. It sure would help if you could choose
your parents though. dkw

Radium

Jan 17, 2007, 11:59:44 AM1/17/07

dkw1...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Well, pure sodium is extremely reactive and would explode when it hit
> the moisture in your mouth.

Elemental sodium is dangerously reactive. Ionic sodium isn't. Our
bodies need sodium ions in small amounts.

> Pure chloine is also toxic and was called
> mustard gas in WW 1, and it forms HCL, hydrochloric acid when it reacts
> with moisture.

Elemental chlorine is indeed very dangerous. Ionic chlorine is benign
as long as you don't have too much of it in your system. However, you
don't need any form of chlorine, so best to avoid all forms of it.

> Often the compound formed by two or more elements has
> nothing in common with the elements biologically.

The same element in its atomic form can be extremely hazardous while
being relatively docile in its ionic state. Na and Cl are examples of
this. Electrically-neutral Na or Cl is a disaster waiting to happen.
Ionized, though, they aren't so much of a threat. Now, excess sodium
and/or chlorine can cause high blood pressure but thats a totally
different story.

Richard Schultz

Jan 17, 2007, 11:52:41 AM1/17/07
In misc.health.alternative Radium <gluc...@excite.com> wrote:

: 1.. Any and all forms of chlorine [including sodium chloride] but do

: not completely avoid sodium as it is needed in small quantites. Sodium
: is a basic mineral and is needed. Excess or deficiency of Na can be
: dangerous. Chlorine, OTOH, is not necessary.

We know all about your mental state, and most of us are therefore willing
to cut you some slack. But just what do you think gastric fluid
consists of?

-----
Richard Schultz sch...@mail.biu.ac.il
-----
"You don't even have a clue about which clue you're missing."

Richard Schultz

Jan 17, 2007, 11:53:45 AM1/17/07
In misc.health.alternative dkw1...@yahoo.com wrote:

: Pure chlo[r]ine is also toxic and was called mustard gas in WW 1,

No it wasn't. Chlorine was called "chlorine" and mustard gas was called
"mustard gas."

-----
Richard Schultz sch...@mail.biu.ac.il
-----

"an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience"

Radium

Jan 17, 2007, 12:48:18 PM1/17/07
Richard Schultz wrote:
> But just what do you think gastric fluid
> consists of?

Enzymes and a small amount of HCl acid. If I were to completely rid
myself of chlorine ions, I probably wouldn't have a sour stomach no
matter what I ate.

Any other ideas as to what symptoms I would experience if some
mysterious power were to cause all the chlorine in my body to
disappear?

AFAIK, we don't need chlorine at all. Really, at all. I think that
mysterious power would do me a great favor by eliminating those
unecessary chlorine particles that invade my body.

Mark Probert

Jan 17, 2007, 3:10:22 PM1/17/07
dkw1...@yahoo.com wrote:

Pure chloine is also toxic and was called
> mustard gas in WW 1, and it forms HCL, hydrochloric acid when it reacts
> with moisture.

Incorrect.

http://www.firstworldwar.com/weaponry/gas.htm

The debut of the first poison gas however - in this instance, chlorine -
came on 22 April 1915, at the start of the Second Battle of Ypres.

Towards evening, at around 5 pm, the bombardment began afresh - except
that sentries posted among the French and Algerian troops noticed a
curious yellow-green cloud drifting slowly towards their line.

Puzzled but suspicious the French suspected that the cloud masked an
advance by German infantry and ordered their men to 'stand to' - that
is, to mount the trench fire step in readiness for probable attack.

The cloud did not mask an infantry attack however; at least, not yet.
It signalled in fact the first use of chlorine gas on the battlefield.
Ironically its use ought not to have been a surprise to the Allied
troops, for captured German soldiers had revealed the imminent use of
gas on the Western Front. Their warnings were not passed on however.

The effects of chlorine gas were severe. Within seconds of inhaling its
vapour it destroyed the victim's respiratory organs, bringing on choking
attacks.

Mustard Gas

Remaining consistently ahead in terms of gas warfare development,
Germany unveiled an enhanced form of gas weaponry against the Russians
at Riga in September 1917: mustard gas (or Yperite) contained in
artillery shells.

Mustard gas, an almost odourless chemical, was distinguished by the
serious blisters it caused both internally and externally, brought on
several hours after exposure. Protection against mustard gas proved
more difficult than against either chlorine or phosgene gas.

The use of mustard gas - sometimes referred to as Yperite - also proved
to have mixed benefits. While inflicting serious injury upon the enemy
the chemical remained potent in soil for weeks after release: making
capture of infected trenches a dangerous undertaking.

--------

Both were nasty.

But different.

Uncle Al

Jan 17, 2007, 3:34:23 PM1/17/07
Radium wrote:

> Go on a diet of natural, organic, "non-pesticided" plants only --
> fruits, veggies, herbs, almonds, cashews, etc.

Idiot. How long did Romans average? 40 years to mortality. How long
do "pesticided" Americans live? 78. The single greatest chemical
life-saver worldwide was DDT suppressing malaria. One year got down to
four-digit deaths. Enviro-whiners now have that back up to seven
figures/year.

> But don't eat them just like that. First, use a molecular machine to
> remove all the following substances from the plants before eating them:

[snip crap]

Fucking imbecile. Life isn't worth living unless you live it.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

Message has been deleted

dkw1...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2007, 7:07:12 AM1/18/07

Sorry, but chlorine gas is mustard gas. Don't confuse chloride ion and
chlorine. Chlorine is a toxic, reactive gas. dkw

cathyb

Jan 18, 2007, 7:32:18 AM1/18/07

It certainly is, but it's not mustard gas. Chlorine gas is simply
chlorine; mustard gas is not: it's one of the sulphur mustards
[1,1-thiobis(2-chloroethane)].

I think you'll find it unlikely, on reflection, that Richard has
confused chlorine and chloride ion.

Richard Schultz

Jan 18, 2007, 8:09:26 AM1/18/07

: Richard Schultz wrote:
:> In misc.health.alternative dkw1...@yahoo.com wrote:

:> : Pure chlo[r]ine is also toxic and was called mustard gas in WW 1,

:> No it wasn't. Chlorine was called "chlorine" and mustard gas was called
:> "mustard gas."

: Sorry, but chlorine gas is mustard gas. Don't confuse chloride ion and

: chlorine. Chlorine is a toxic, reactive gas. dkw

Chlorine is Cl2. Mustard gas is 1,1'-thiobis[2-chloroethane],
ClCH2-CH2-S-CH2-CH2Cl. Look it up in the CRC Handbook or the Merck Index
and then come back when you can do at least a passable impression of
someone who knows what he is talking about.

-----
Richard Schultz sch...@mail.biu.ac.il
-----

Ace0f_5pades

Jan 18, 2007, 1:21:44 PM1/18/07
richard, your quote ""an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much
experience" is stupid. An optimist is a quality to be desired, with
or without "mucho experiencio" -which doesn't mean that one should be
without caution, or scepticism. -"better to be a hard arse with heart,
than a hard arse that farts"

Mark Probert

Jan 18, 2007, 3:39:36 PM1/18/07

I posted why you are wrong. Keep being thick headed.

Peter Bowditch

Jan 18, 2007, 4:50:55 PM1/18/07
dkw1...@yahoo.com wrote:

Chlorine gas is Cl. Mustard gas is Cl-CH2-CH2-S-CH2-CH2-Cl
(1,1-thiobis(2-chloroethane)

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

George O. Bizzigotti

Jan 19, 2007, 8:42:16 AM1/19/07
On 18 Jan 2007 04:07:12 -0800, dkw1...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Richard Schultz wrote:
>> In misc.health.alternative dkw1...@yahoo.com wrote:

>> : Pure chlo[r]ine is also toxic and was called mustard gas in WW 1,

>> No it wasn't. Chlorine was called "chlorine" and mustard gas was called
>> "mustard gas."

>Sorry, but chlorine gas is mustard gas. Don't confuse chloride ion and

>chlorine. Chlorine is a toxic, reactive gas. dkw

Prof. Schultz is correct on this questions and dkw is simply
incorrect. Mustard gas is bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide, C4H8Cl2S,
whereas chlorine gas is chlorine Cl2. Chlorine, a gas under ambient
conditions, is toxic almost exclusively via inhalation, with eye
irritation being a secondary effect. Mustard "gas" is actually a
liquid at ambient temperature. The mustard gas vapor is irritating to
the eye, skin, and lungs, but the primary mode of action is that
mustard gas droplets cause large blisters up to 24 hours post
exposure. Mustard gas and chlorine are most definitely different
chemicals.
Regards,

George