Co'in'cidences

Rolleston

Aug 17, 2004, 6:15:47 PM8/17/04
Let's feed Google!

Search String: "does'n't" group:sci.archaeology
Google Response: 234 for "does'n't" group:sci.archaeology

The search results: http://tinyurl.com/4vlfh

So many instances of "does'n't", and so few people
writing it! Who else writes the strange "does'n't"?

(...rummages about...)

Aha, here's one:

Oh, what's that at the end of the message?

Can't quite make it out. Maybe you can read it:

"Sincerely yours

J. Faucounau"

:)

R.

Rolleston

Aug 17, 2004, 9:31:16 PM8/17/04
It seems that J. Faucounau regularly produces these:

would'n't, does'n't, did'n't

E.g.:

Strangely, in more than 743,000,000 Google-archived
messages, the only person to have written "did'n't"
and "does'n't" in the same message is ... grapheus!

Do these errors give us grapheus's textual fingerprint?

Also in his messages:

have'n't, could'n't, should'n't,
was'n't, were'n't, is'n't, had'n't

Far be it for me to say we shouldn't trust a linguist
who can't manage these common words of English
after years of exposure to the language. Oh no.

Btw, I could tell you other things about Faucounau's
messages that match grapheus's messages. Where
they come from, for instance. Another time...

Cheers,

R.

Inger E Johansson

Aug 17, 2004, 9:55:00 PM8/17/04
Rolleston,
while I am very much in dept to JF for books and articles he has sent me
over the years, and thus are interested in following his works and writings,
I on the other end must express my curiousity on which ground you have
included sci.archaeology as a receiver of these type of messages.
Please enlighten us or exclude sci.archeology from the mailinglist for this
subject-line discussion.

Inger E
"Rolleston" <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet

Jacques Guy

Aug 18, 2004, 5:53:55 PM8/18/04
Inger E Johansson wrote:

> Please enlighten us or exclude sci.archeology from the mailinglist for this
> subject-line discussion.

Ben tiens donc! The Ph.D. has nothing to do with archaeology and
Faucounau
had nothing to do with the Ph.D., and grapheus has nothing to do with
either. C't'évident, scrongneugneu!

Alan Crozier

Aug 18, 2004, 2:57:53 AM8/18/04
[Bad-mannered top posting corrected]
"Inger E Johansson" <inger_e....@notelia.com> wrote in message
I find this very interesting, and this piece of attempted linguistic
deduction certainly is relevant to sci.archaeology. I have read two of
Faucounau's books and I would be disappointed if it turned out that he
masquerades under the name "grapheus". That would mean that the following
exchange from July 2003 is a bluff:

INGER: send my love to JF if he still is alright and when you speak to him.

GRAPHEUS: OK. I will. I know he is a bit tired, but seems in good health.

INGER: I am glad to hear that.

I reserve judgement and await further evidence.

--
Alan Crozier
Lund

grapheus

Aug 18, 2004, 3:13:09 AM8/18/04
"Inger E Johansson" <inger_e....@notelia.com> wrote in message news:<UFyUc.835$d5....@newsb.telia.net>...
> Rolleston,
> while I am very much in dept to JF for books and articles he has sent me
> over the years, and thus are interested in following his works and writings,
> I on the other end must express my curiousity on which ground you have
> included sci.archaeology as a receiver of these type of messages.
> Please enlighten us or exclude sci.archeology from the mailinglist for this
> subject-line discussion.
>
> Inger E

Don't worry? Inger !
"Rolleston" is playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to show that I am
J.Faucounau is the last summer- game !
There are many players, but until now, no winner (thanks to anonymizer
!). But they all hope to win the price !.. Don't discourage
them...

Best regards
grapheus

Inger E Johansson

Aug 18, 2004, 4:29:48 AM8/18/04

"grapheus" <grap...@www.com> skrev i meddelandet

> "Inger E Johansson" <inger_e....@notelia.com> wrote in message
> > Rolleston,
> > while I am very much in dept to JF for books and articles he has sent me
> > over the years, and thus are interested in following his works and
writings,
> > I on the other end must express my curiousity on which ground you have
> > included sci.archaeology as a receiver of these type of messages.
> > Please enlighten us or exclude sci.archeology from the mailinglist for
this
> > subject-line discussion.
> >
> > Inger E
>
> Don't worry? Inger !
> "Rolleston" is playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to show that I am
> J.Faucounau is the last summer- game !
> There are many players, but until now, no winner (thanks to anonymizer
> !). But they all hope to win the price !.. Don't discourage
> them...
>
> Best regards
> grapheus

Grapheus,
would you please send my regards and best wishes to our friend JF. I take it
that he isn't only old now but tired as well. I do hope he is doing alright.

Inger E

Peter T. Daniels

Aug 18, 2004, 9:09:11 AM8/18/04
Rolleston wrote:

> It seems that J. Faucounau regularly produces these:
>
> would'n't, does'n't, did'n't
>
> E.g.:

> Strangely, in more than 743,000,000 Google-archived
> messages, the only person to have written "did'n't"
> and "does'n't" in the same message is ... grapheus!
>
> Do these errors give us grapheus's textual fingerprint?
>
> Also in his messages:
>
> have'n't, could'n't, should'n't,
> was'n't, were'n't, is'n't, had'n't

That's the spelling used in *Alice in Wonderland*.
--
Peter T. Daniels gram...@att.net

grapheus

Aug 18, 2004, 9:40:16 AM8/18/04
"Inger E Johansson" <inger_e....@notelia.com> wrote in message news:<0sEUc.101159$dP1.3...@newsc.telia.net>...

Many thanks, Inger. J.F. is OK and working hard to his next book,
about the "End of the Early Bronze Age", I believe.
I hope you are OK too, and have kept your good Viking Fighting Spirit
for your researches. I regret that I cannot participate, knowing very
little about the subjects you are dealing with on the Net !

Best Regards
grapheus

Rolleston

Aug 18, 2004, 10:41:17 AM8/18/04
grapheus wrote:
[...]

>Don't worry? Inger !
>"Rolleston" is playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to show that I am
>J.Faucounau is the last summer- game !

Let's play it this summer too! Please, please! I do so like games.

Apart from the fact that you and JF regularly mess up "does'n't"
and the like, in a way that (seemingly) nobody else amongst the
millions posting USENET articles seems to do, what else can we
find that you both have in common?

Well, you both claim to be linguists. But there are lots of those.

You both post from Luxembourg. Now here's a curious thing.
The message to which I'm replying came from this IP address:

80.90.39.112

It's from this group of assigned addresses:

inetnum: 80.90.36.0 - 80.90.39.255
netname: VOLISP
descr: Visual Online S.A.
country: LU

A recent message signed "J Faucounau" was from this address:

80.90.42.74

From this block:

inetnum: 80.90.42.0 - 80.90.42.255
netname: VOLISP
descr: Visual Online S.A.
country: LU

With me still? We continue.

One of your early grapheus messages was sent from here:

194.7.196.186

From this range:

inetnum: 194.7.196.0 - 194.7.196.255
netname: UUNET-DYNIP-POP-LUX-3
descr: UUNET Luxembourg
country: LU

Note the change. At about the same time, JF posted from here:

194.7.196.178

It's from the same range.

There's more to be said about this, but I'm in a hurry and
there's a lot to do, so we move on, knowing that we can
always come back to this if you wish.

Let's remind ourselves where we are. You and JF are both
linguists (so you say), each posting from Luxembourg, each
of whom is obsessed with the Phaistos Disk, neither of whom
can write "does'n't" or "did'n't" properly:

http://tinyurl.com/7xh5r

(Do not assume these are occasional mistakes.

Results 1 - 10 of about 286 for "does'n't" author:grapheus.
Results 1 - 10 of about 169 for "doesn't" author:grapheus.

Results 1 - 10 of about 280 for "did'n't" author:grapheus.
Results 1 - 10 of about 106 for "didn't" author:grapheus.

When one checks those messages the errors are found amongst
your words, and the correct instances amongst the words you
have quoted. I've only checked a sample of messages, so the
possibility remains that you have got "doesn't" right on at least
once occasion, perhaps accidentally.)

Now, for some further textual analysis. Let's consider a number
of what I might call "markers". These are items of low relative
frequency. That is, the alternatives to them are far more common
in USENET messages. For example, "50s" and "fifties" are far more
likely to be found in a random sample of text than the exceedingly
awful "50ies".

Although two people may share one or two markers, it is unlikely
they will share several, unless we can reasonably argue for a
significant positive correlation. That argument I leave to you.

-- Comparisons --

(URLs shrunk when too long.)

JF writes: 50ies
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaeology/message/383

You write: 50ies
Results 1 - 4 of about 11 for 50ies author:grapheus.
http://tinyurl.com/4m2df

JF writes: the to-day prevailing views
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaeology/message/383

You write: the to-day genetical characteristics
http://tinyurl.com/692cr

You write: the to-day Turkey
http://tinyurl.com/45pz4

And so on. Results 1 - 10 of about 186 for author:grapheus "to-day".
http://tinyurl.com/5t6c4

JF writes: linguistical
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaeology/message/415

You write: linguistical
Results 1 - 10 of about 230 for author:grapheus linguistical.
http://tinyurl.com/3kdwk

Perhaps not so uncommon an error there:
Results 1 - 10 of about 4,160 for linguistical
Results 1 - 10 of about 313,000 for linguistic

Note: these are Google Groups _page_ counts, not word counts.

JF writes: Questions : 1)-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaeology/message/418

You write: These are two distinctive questions : 1)-
http://tinyurl.com/5jo62

JF writes:too complex for being explained
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaeology/message/383

You write: too technical for being printed
http://tinyurl.com/5zr33
You write: too distorted for being accepted
http://tinyurl.com/4zws6

"too X to be" is far more common.

JF writes: here are a few complementary informations
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaeology/message/436

You write: he gave me some personal complementary informations
http://tinyurl.com/72yvf

JF writes: NOTA:

You write: NOTA:
Results 1 - 10 of about 105 for NOTA author:grapheus.
http://tinyurl.com/42xe4

JF writes: WEB-page
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaeology/message/404

You write: WEB-page
http://tinyurl.com/68cr3

Note the bizarre capitals.

JF writes: ?..

You write: ?..
http://tinyurl.com/3zgyz

JF writes: !..

You write:
>But they all hope to win the price !..

Cheers!..

R.

Rolleston

Aug 18, 2004, 10:51:38 AM8/18/04
Alan Crozier wrote:
[...]

>I find this very interesting, and this piece of attempted linguistic
>deduction certainly is relevant to sci.archaeology. I have read two of
>Faucounau's books and I would be disappointed if it turned out that he
>masquerades under the name "grapheus". That would mean that the following
>exchange from July 2003 is a bluff:
>
>INGER: send my love to JF if he still is alright and when you speak to him.
>
>GRAPHEUS: OK. I will. I know he is a bit tired, but seems in good health.
>
>INGER: I am glad to hear that.

We shall see. It would be ironic if an "expert" on decipherment
was to get caught pretending to be someone else. Which says
nothing about the quality of his books. That's another matter.

>I reserve judgement and await further evidence.

Evidence of a kind has been posted.

Thanks,

R.

Richard Herring

Aug 18, 2004, 11:12:16 AM8/18/04
In message <qaj6i0dlpkqre7hm8...@4ax.com>, Rolleston
<roll...@tiscali.co.uk> writes

>grapheus wrote:
>[...]
>>Don't worry? Inger !
>>"Rolleston" is playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to show that I am
>>J.Faucounau is the last summer- game !
>
>Let's play it this summer too! Please, please! I do so like games.

[snip torrent of evidence]

Not Holmes, Thorndyke ;-)

--
Richard Herring

Inger E Johansson

Aug 18, 2004, 11:21:27 AM8/18/04
Rolleston,
one man is in his best age, the other is old. Both are friends of mine. Grow
up and stop abusing people.

Inger E

"Rolleston" <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet

Rolleston

Aug 18, 2004, 11:21:41 AM8/18/04

Certainly not Basil Grant.

R.

Inger E Johansson

Aug 18, 2004, 11:25:58 AM8/18/04

Please tell JF that the early articles of his which he was kind enough to
send me short before I moved to Gothenburg now have come very handy. It's
much in them that strighten some of the question marks that have occured in
my own research the last years. I have returned to the articles more than
once.

Best Regards

Inger E

Rolleston

Aug 18, 2004, 11:36:25 AM8/18/04
Inger E Johansson wrote:
>one man is in his best age, the other is old.

Are we at our best when old?

R.

Rolleston

Aug 18, 2004, 11:39:40 AM8/18/04
Inger E Johansson wrote:
>It's much in them that strighten some of the question marks that have occured in
>my own research the last years.

Oh, if it's straightened question marks you need, look no further:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.

Tom McDonald

Aug 18, 2004, 11:38:19 AM8/18/04
Inger E Johansson wrote:

> Rolleston,
> one man is in his best age, the other is old. Both are friends of mine. Grow
> up and stop abusing people.
>
> Inger E

Inger,

Have you met both men in person?

<snip>
--
Tom McDonald

Rolleston

Aug 18, 2004, 12:04:45 PM8/18/04
Peter T. Daniels wrote:
[...]

>> Also in his messages:
>>
>> have'n't, could'n't, should'n't,
>> was'n't, were'n't, is'n't, had'n't
>
>That's the spelling used in *Alice in Wonderland*.

Ah, that well-known translation of the Phaistos Disk.

Richard Herring

Aug 18, 2004, 12:11:18 PM8/18/04
In message <10i6u1d...@corp.supernews.com>, Tom McDonald
<tmcdon...@nohormelcharter.net> writes

>Inger E Johansson wrote:
>
>> Rolleston,
>> one man is in his best age, the other is old. Both are friends of mine. Grow
>> up and stop abusing people.
>> Inger E
>
>Inger,
>
> Have you met both men in person?

Not enough. Have you ever seen them both at the same time?

--
Richard Herring

grapheus

Aug 18, 2004, 2:13:00 PM8/18/04
And here comes the NEW SHERLOCK HOLMES, ladies and gentlemen !..
With his EXTRAORDINARY BRAIN able to solve the problem of this summer
: trying to demonstrate that grapheus = Faucounau !
WOW !
Have a good look, please !

Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<qaj6i0dlpkqre7hm8...@4ax.com>...

A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE, please !...
Visual Online is the main server in Luxembourg and adjacent countries.
It probably deserves around 1 million of internetters.

But let us continue !..

> One of your early grapheus messages was sent from here:
>
> 194.7.196.186
>
> From this range:
>
> inetnum: 194.7.196.0 - 194.7.196.255
> netname: UUNET-DYNIP-POP-LUX-3
> descr: UUNET Luxembourg
> country: LU
>
> Note the change. At about the same time, JF posted from here:
>
> 194.7.196.178
>
> It's from the same range.

FANTASTIC !... It was BEFORE the fusion of UUNET - which was then
number one in Luxembourg- with another corporation !
What a GENIUS is Rolleston !..

STUPENDOUS !.. Our SUPER-GENIUS Rolleston has found that J.F. and I
have had THE SAME TEACHER of ENGLISH !!!!!!
I just missed the fact that we are old friends, but never mind...
Please, a BIG ROUND of APPLAUSE for our SUPER-SUPER GENIUS ! BETTER
than Sherlock Holmes himself !..

grapheus

Inger E Johansson

Aug 18, 2004, 3:08:08 PM8/18/04

"Richard Herring" <junk@[127.0.0.1]> skrev i meddelandet

C'est incredible! N'est ce pas? Quel est ton avis, Grapheus? Qui et il? Il
aura mal compris son position! A-t-il ne entendu c'est une loi non écrite,
ne confonds pas le mien et le tien! Moi et mon amis - et Moi et mon amis!
Nous nous connaissons. Les autre - Ils sont Les autre!!!!!!!! N'est ce pas?

Inger E

> --
> Richard Herring

Rolleston

Aug 18, 2004, 3:38:48 PM8/18/04
grapheus wrote:
>STUPENDOUS !.. Our SUPER-GENIUS Rolleston has found that J.F. and I
>have had THE SAME TEACHER of ENGLISH !!!!!!

He/she can't have been a very good one.

Honestly, grapheus, do you really think anyone believes you?

Come on, old chap, convince us!

R.

Alan Crozier

Aug 18, 2004, 3:49:24 PM8/18/04
"Inger E Johansson" <inger_e....@notelia.com> wrote in message

Ma chčre Inger, your French is as incomprehensible as your English. C'est
incroyable, mes amis! And, comme d'habitude, you didn't answer the question.
N'as-tu pas entendu?

Alain

Rolleston

Aug 18, 2004, 4:04:01 PM8/18/04
grapheus wrote:
[...]

>A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE, please !...
>Visual Online is the main server in Luxembourg and adjacent countries.
>It probably deserves around 1 million of internetters.

I think you'll find that a small subset of those are linguists. And a
small subset of that subset will be obsessed with the Phaistos Disk.
And they won't all be supporters of Faucounau, will they? So we are
again talking about a small subset of a small subset. Of that subset,
an incredibly small subset will make the errors that Faucounau does.
And how many people in that small subset will punctuate their text in
exactly the same way as Faucounau? Etc. etc.

Do you know, I can find your messages amongst the nearly 3/4 billion
that are archived by searching for your markers alone? That is, not
searching using your assume name, or "Phaistos", or "sci.lang", etc.,
but using only those characteristic features of your English.

R.

George

Aug 18, 2004, 4:20:38 PM8/18/04
Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<qaj6i0dlpkqre7hm8...@4ax.com>...
> grapheus wrote:
> [...]
> >Don't worry? Inger !
> >"Rolleston" is playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to show that I am
> >J.Faucounau is the last summer- game !
>
> Let's play it this summer too! Please, please! I do so like games.

Well. May I congratulate you on uncovering the truth.
I rather suspect that either or both wil disappear until they think
the hue and cry has gone.

George

Aug 18, 2004, 4:20:58 PM8/18/04
Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<qaj6i0dlpkqre7hm8...@4ax.com>...
> grapheus wrote:
> [...]
> >Don't worry? Inger !
> >"Rolleston" is playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to show that I am
> >J.Faucounau is the last summer- game !
>
> Let's play it this summer too! Please, please! I do so like games.

Well. May I congratulate you on uncovering the truth.

pierre.levy

Aug 18, 2004, 5:04:53 PM8/18/04

"Jacques Guy" <jg...@alphalink.com.au> a écrit dans le message de
> either. C't'vident, scrongneugneu!

Ben y-a-t'y pas queu-q'chose? hein?

Peter T. Daniels

Aug 18, 2004, 6:37:58 PM8/18/04

Both? The JF avatar has never appeared here.

Jacques Guy

Aug 19, 2004, 1:27:33 PM8/19/04
pierre.levy wrote:

> "Jacques Guy" <jg...@alphalink.com.au> a écrit dans le message de

> > and grapheus has nothing to do with
> > either. C't'vident, scrongneugneu!

> Ben y-a-t'y pas queu-q'chose? hein?

Du suif, N.. d. D...! F'tez-y leur d'suif, y'a
qu'ça d'vrai!

grapheus

Aug 19, 2004, 3:05:47 AM8/19/04
Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<6qb7i0h07uaputq4b...@4ax.com>...

I'm sure I'll not convince you, because DOGMATICS always cling to
their dogma !..

But what I can tell is that she was a very nice old lady, married to
an American, but of foreign origin herself. I've read again some of
her lectures, and I am sure that she taught us to write <to-day> ,
used the formula <too much for.." > , and said us that "linguistical"
was better than "linguistic" when it was an adjective.
For "was'n't", "does'n't", etc. she is not guilty. *I* am the CULPRIT
!.. And I believe that I passed this strange orthography on to J.F.,
when I corrected some of his drafts in English !.. (He has always had
trouble with English, you know, and this is the reason why he
published his books in French !)

grapheus

grapheus

Aug 19, 2004, 4:16:28 AM8/19/04
Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<94c7i05srep243nsn...@4ax.com>...

As you seem to be so fond of Probabilities, could you solve for us the
following problem :
"Supposing a decipherment of the Phaistos Disk made by a
NON-ACROPHONIC method, what are the chances to find that the 11 first
"probable values" found by this method look ACROPHONIC, if the
decipherment is wrong ?"
I am curious because J.F. has never given the details of the solution
to this problem, that he calls "an easy calculation" ...

grapheus

Peter T. Daniels

Aug 19, 2004, 8:50:31 AM8/19/04
grapheus wrote:

> As you seem to be so fond of Probabilities, could you solve for us the
> following problem :
> "Supposing a decipherment of the Phaistos Disk made by a
> NON-ACROPHONIC method, what are the chances to find that the 11 first
> "probable values" found by this method look ACROPHONIC, if the
> decipherment is wrong ?"
> I am curious because J.F. has never given the details of the solution
> to this problem, that he calls "an easy calculation" ...

How difficult is it to come up with different words that could be
applied to the same pictogram, but that would yield different initial
sounds?

Even if we look at the familiar "A is for apple" in English, it could be
taken as a picture of a Fruit, or a Macintosh, or a Granny Smith, ...

Rolleston

Aug 19, 2004, 9:33:18 AM8/19/04
grapheus wrote:
>I'm sure I'll not convince you, because DOGMATICS always cling to
>their dogma !..

Not all of us cling to it in 1900+ messages:

http://tinyurl.com/4ul6r

>!.. And I believe that I passed this strange orthography on to J.F.,
>when I corrected some of his drafts in English !..

Let us suppose you are not Faucounau. What have you done?
You have, by your eccentric posting style, and corruption of
his drafts, convinced every sensible reader that he gushes
undiluted nonsense. Some achievement.

R.

Rolleston

Aug 19, 2004, 11:09:49 AM8/19/04
grapheus wrote:
[...]

>And I believe that I passed this strange orthography on to J.F.,
>when I corrected some of his drafts in English !..

Sorry, which drafts?

R.

David B.

Aug 19, 2004, 2:29:53 PM8/19/04
Jacques Guy wrote in message <4123CF...@alphalink.com.au>...

>Inger E Johansson wrote:
>
>> Please enlighten us or exclude sci.archeology from the mailinglist for
this
>> subject-line discussion.
>
>Ben tiens donc! The Ph.D. has nothing to do with archaeology and
>Faucounau
>had nothing to do with the Ph.D., and grapheus has nothing to do with
>either. C't'évident, scrongneugneu!

Here's another coincidence:

On 20 Nov 2000, Inger (who had shown no interest in the Phaistos Disk until
a few weeks before when the "Seyr/Thor" theory was raised) posted the
following:
"May I ask you if you have read Faucounau's book about the Phaistos Disk
yourself? In French? I am in the middle of it thanks to Faucounau."

On 23 Nov 2000, she announced that she had only one chapter to go.

The earliest grapheus message preserved by Google is dated 24 Nov 2000

(and the first reply to it, by Neville Lindsay, was "Hi, JF."- to which
grapheus retorted "I, grapheus, am not JF, but a close member of his
'Kretschmerian Circle' ...and a lot younger !..")

Plus ça change..!

David B.

grapheus

Aug 19, 2004, 2:43:58 PM8/19/04
"Peter T. Daniels" <gram...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<4124A...@worldnet.att.net>...

ot a rolleston ...

grapheus

grapheus

Aug 19, 2004, 2:50:17 PM8/19/04
"Inger E Johansson" <inger_e....@notelia.com> wrote in message news:<sONUc.101200$dP1.3...@newsc.telia.net>...

Don't worry, Inger. One may never convince a DOGMATIC to abandon his
favourite dogma !..
This is a natural law. We have to do with...
Best Regards

grapheus

grapheus

grapheus

Aug 19, 2004, 3:04:20 PM8/19/04
Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<8ia9i09sfkt0ec6t8...@4ax.com>...

I guess that one should rely on YOU -a guy who has never read a line
of J.F.'s work- to make the PROVED Proto-Ionic decipherment of the
Phaistos Disk known, right ?..
Anybody don't think like you do. There are a lot of people who
followed my advice : If you are truly interested in the matter, READ
the J.F.s books on "Les Proto-Ioniens" and "Le dechiffrement.. You
will not regret it...

grapheus

Rolleston

Aug 19, 2004, 4:04:09 PM8/19/04
grapheus wrote:
[...]

>And I believe that I passed this strange orthography on to J.F.,
>when I corrected some of his drafts in English !..

Sorry, which drafts? Does that question make you uncomfortable?

R.

David Brandon Thomas

Aug 20, 2004, 2:50:31 AM8/20/04
In article <337ae51f.04081...@posting.google.com>, grap...@www.com
(grapheus) writes:

>Don't worry? Inger !
>"Rolleston" is playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to show that I am
>J.Faucounau is the last summer- game !

>There are many players, but until now, no winner (thanks to anonymizer
>!). But they all hope to win the price !.. Don't discourage
>them...
>
>Best regards
>grapheus

Sweet Jesus on Toast!

He might as well just admit it.

- Vae
"You are here to learn the mysteries of Kung Fu, not linguistics. If you can't
understand me, I will communicate with you like I would a dog. When I yell,
when I point, when I beat you with my stick!" {Pai Mei}

David Brandon Thomas

Aug 20, 2004, 2:50:31 AM8/20/04
In article <sq95i015uii1grca2...@4ax.com>, Rolleston
<roll...@tiscali.co.uk> writes:

[snip, snip, snip]

>It seems that J. Faucounau regularly produces these:
>
>would'n't, does'n't, did'n't

>have'n't, could'n't, should'n't,
>was'n't, were'n't, is'n't, had'n't

>Cheers,
>
>R.

Hmm... must be all those invisible letters he's eliding; either that, or he's
using a proposterophe.

grapheus

Aug 20, 2004, 2:58:11 AM8/20/04
gbl...@hnpl.net (George) wrote in message news:<9b937279.04081...@posting.google.com>...

> Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<qaj6i0dlpkqre7hm8...@4ax.com>...
> > grapheus wrote:
> > [...]
> > >Don't worry? Inger !
> > >"Rolleston" is playing Sherlock Holmes. Trying to show that I am
> > >J.Faucounau is the last summer- game !
> >
> > Let's play it this summer too! Please, please! I do so like games.
>
> Well. May I congratulate you on uncovering the truth.

The TRUTH ?.. Well, you are pretty gullible !..

grapheus

grapheus

Aug 20, 2004, 3:04:20 AM8/20/04
Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<2t1ai05u24g7lpeak...@4ax.com>...

It seems that MY questions and answers make YOU uncomfortable !..
1)- You have demonstrated that there is a link between J.F.' and
grapheus' orthography in English. Fine!.. But you TOTALLY NEGLECTED
that this link could come from the fact that grapheus has HELPED J.F.
to write his (very rare!) papers in English !.. DOGMATICS never think
about ALL POSSIBILITIES !.. Their DOGMA makes them BLIND !.. And they
never paid attention to what OTHERS say : They believe that THEY ARE
TOO INTELLIGENT for that !...
2)- I am still waiting YOUR answer to the Calculation of Probabilities
that I submitted to your mathematical genius...

grapheus

Rolleston

Aug 20, 2004, 4:44:05 AM8/20/04
grapheus wrote:
[...]

>Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<2t1ai05u24g7lpeak...@4ax.com>...
>> grapheus wrote:
>> [...]
>> >And I believe that I passed this strange orthography on to J.F.,
>> >when I corrected some of his drafts in English !..
>>
>> Sorry, which drafts? Does that question make you uncomfortable?
>
>It seems that MY questions and answers make YOU uncomfortable !..
>1)- You have demonstrated that there is a link between J.F.' and
>grapheus' orthography in English. Fine!.. But you TOTALLY NEGLECTED
>that this link could come from the fact that grapheus has HELPED J.F.
>to write his (very rare!) papers in English !..

Uh, not just papers, old chap.

There are examples of "does'n't" and the like in his informal
contributions to the Yahoo archaeology group. For example:

So, you work on drafts of those messages too?

Grapheus:

> For "was'n't", "does'n't", etc. she is not guilty. *I* am the CULPRIT

> !.. And I believe that I passed this strange orthography on to J.F.,

> when I corrected some of his drafts in English !..

How many revisions do you produce for each of his archaeology
group messages? 2? 3? 100? 1000? In this area, one can never
be too committed. Have you been committed? :)

R.

grapheus

Aug 20, 2004, 5:16:00 AM8/20/04
Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:<94c7i05srep243nsn...@4ax.com>...

> grapheus wrote:
> [...]
> >A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE, please !...
> >Visual Online is the main server in Luxembourg and adjacent countries.
> >It probably deserves around 1 million of internetters.
>
> I think you'll find that a small subset of those are linguists. And a
> small subset of that subset will be obsessed with the Phaistos Disk.
> And they won't all be supporters of Faucounau, will they? So we are
> again talking about a small subset of a small subset. Of that subset,
> an incredibly small subset will make the errors that Faucounau does.
> And how many people in that small subset will punctuate their text in
> exactly the same way as Faucounau? Etc. etc.

And it never crossed your mind that this "subset of subset of subset
of..etc." would be ONE SINGLE GUY, me, grapheus ?.. Too subtle fo
your EXCEPTIONAL BRAIN, I suppose ?..

grapheus

Inger E Johansson

Aug 20, 2004, 5:18:39 AM8/20/04

"grapheus" <grap...@www.com> skrev i meddelandet

Grapheus,
can you see why we are so many who tries to tell George Black(almost wrote
Back) that he must learn how to do logic analyse and background checks. He
misses all the time. He doesn't get it, never shown any tendency of learning
how to do logic analyses either, but he still attacks and misinterprets
everything I write.

inger E

> grapheus

grapheus

Aug 20, 2004, 5:44:34 AM8/20/04
"Peter T. Daniels" <gram...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<4124A...@worldnet.att.net>...
> grapheus wrote:
>
> > "Supposing a decipherment of the Phaistos Disk made by a
> > NON-ACROPHONIC method, what are the chances to find that the 11 first
> > "probable values" found by this method look ACROPHONIC, if the
> > decipherment is wrong ?"
> > I am curious because J.F. has never given the details of the solution
> > to this problem, that he calls "an easy calculation" ...
>
> How difficult is it to come up with different words that could be
> applied to the same pictogram, but that would yield different initial
> sounds?
>
> Even if we look at the familiar "A is for apple" in English, it could be
> taken as a picture of a Fruit, or a Macintosh, or a Granny Smith, ...

Fine !.. If I understand you correctly, one may ALWAYS find, for ANY
SIGN, by acrophony, the phonetic value he desires. Let us try, using
the English language for more convenience, with the set of values
proposed by Andis Kaulins. What are, then, representing the following
signs to obtain their A.K.'s values :
Sign 1 (running young man) : TEO
Sign 4 (prisoner) : DEO
Sign 5 (little child) : SO
Sign 11 (bow) : MA
Sign 15 (axe) : PO
Sign 33 (fish) : ZI

I stop here for the moment. I firmly hope that, as in the case of
J.F.'s Proto-Ionic decipherment, 87% of YOURS interpretations of the
Signs will have been ALREADY PROPOSED by the following scholars :
Evans, della Seta, Ipsen, Pernier, Reinach, Rowe, Stawell, Muenzer and
Godart.

Ready ?.. GO !

grapheus

Peter T. Daniels

Aug 20, 2004, 7:51:41 AM8/20/04

That's exactly his point. Finally, grapheus has confessed to being JF.

Jacques Guy

Aug 21, 2004, 1:11:34 AM8/21/04
Peter T. Daniels wrote:

> That's exactly his point. Finally, grapheus has confessed to being JF.

Stuff and nonsense. The Phaistos Disk is actually a recipe
for the Elixir of Youth. We know that Faucounau is, er... was,
old. And that grapheus is young. Elementary my dear Watson.
Still... is the author of the Ph.D. Nicolas Flamel or
le Comte de Saint Germain?

grapheus

Aug 20, 2004, 10:26:07 AM8/20/04
"Inger E Johansson" <inger_e....@notelia.com> wrote in message news:<PljVc.101326$dP1.3...@newsc.telia.net>...

In fact, it's the first time I heard about him !.. New Zealand is so
far away from Europe, you know...
Must be a friend of our Jacques Guy...

Best regards

grapheus

Inger E Johansson

Aug 20, 2004, 11:04:39 AM8/20/04

"grapheus" <grap...@www.com> skrev i meddelandet

Before this discussion I always thought the Guy fellow to be a Frenchman and
thus civilized.... need I say I was way from the truth about him....

Inger E

> Best regards
>
> grapheus

George

Aug 20, 2004, 6:17:41 PM8/20/04
"Inger E Johansson" <inger_e....@notelia.com> wrote in message news:<bqoVc.997$d5....@newsb.telia.net>...

You've been found out. As usual!
Now start posting archaeology or go away

grapheus

Aug 21, 2004, 3:08:51 AM8/21/04
gbl...@hnpl.net (George) wrote in message news:<9b937279.04082...@posting.google.com>...

Hey, George, WHO started this thread (and the similar ones) which has
NOTHING TO DO with archaeology ?..
As usual, the victim becomes the culprit !..

grapheus

grapheus

Aug 21, 2004, 3:23:24 AM8/21/04
grap...@www.com (grapheus) wrote in message news:<337ae51f.0408...@posting.google.com>...

What is nice with this Group is that a question related to Linguistics
and Archaeology is NEVER ANSWERED. Only IRRELEVANT threads are !..

In the present case, I believe that it is because the problem IS one
of the PROOFS that the Proto-Ionic Solution *IS* correct. In other
words, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a FALSE DECIPHERMENT to reach an 87%
of ACROPHONIC values ALREADY PROPOSED BY the 9 "serious scholars"
quoted hereabove !..

But never mind, Mr Rolleston will freely go on playing Sherlock
Holmes, with the approval of Peter!..

grapheus

Peter T. Daniels

Aug 21, 2004, 8:07:57 AM8/21/04
grapheus wrote:

> What is nice with this Group is that a question related to Linguistics
> and Archaeology is NEVER ANSWERED. Only IRRELEVANT threads are !..

The "decipherment" of the Phaistos Disk is not a linguistic question,
because such a decipherment is impossible with the available data.

grapheus

Aug 21, 2004, 3:18:39 PM8/21/04
"Peter T. Daniels" <gram...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<41273B...@worldnet.att.net>...

> grapheus wrote:
>
> > What is nice with this Group is that a question related to Linguistics
> > and Archaeology is NEVER ANSWERED. Only IRRELEVANT threads are !..
>
> The "decipherment" of the Phaistos Disk is not a linguistic question,
> because such a decipherment is impossible with the available data.

I hope that your statement will become historical in the future, as an
example of a DOGMATIC ASSERTION.

grapheus

George

Aug 21, 2004, 4:25:58 PM8/21/04
grap...@www.com (grapheus) wrote in message news:<337ae51f.04082...@posting.google.com>...
Oh now you're Inger also.
As neither of you post upon matters archaeological fair enough
and
It seems that you are posting with a sock puppet and you've been found out.

Peter T. Daniels

Aug 21, 2004, 5:38:00 PM8/21/04

When more data become available, it will no longer apply.

grapheus

Aug 22, 2004, 3:56:07 AM8/22/04
"Peter T. Daniels" <gram...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<4127C0...@worldnet.att.net>...

But you have already the needed DATA at your disposal, I mean : the
PROOFS.
With the present one : "Is it reasonably POSSIBLE that a
NON-ACROPHONIC METHOD leads to a FALSE DECIPHERMENT, presenting 87% of
ACROPHONIC VALUES corresponding to IDENTIFICATIONS already PROPOSED by
9 serious scholars ?"..
DOGMATISM make people BLIND.

grapheus

Jacques Guy

Aug 22, 2004, 9:18:27 PM8/22/04
grapheus wrote:

> DOGMATISM make people BLIND.

And I was taught, like a good Catholic boy I was supposed
to be, that wanking sent you blind. Wow! Let's enjoy it then.

grapheus

Aug 22, 2004, 9:05:00 AM8/22/04

And YOU, you are demanding to others "to post archaeology", but you
prefer to post yourself in a thread like this, which has NOTHING TO DO
with archaeology !..
CONGRATULATIONS for your STUPENDOUSLY LOGICAL mind !..

grapheus

David Brandon Thomas

Aug 23, 2004, 9:02:00 PM8/23/04
In article <4123DA...@worldnet.att.net>, "Peter T. Daniels"
<gram...@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>George wrote:
>>
>> Rolleston <roll...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > grapheus wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Let's play it this summer too! Please, please! I do so like games.
>>
>> Well. May I congratulate you on uncovering the truth.

>> I rather suspect that either or both wil disappear until they think
>> the hue and cry has gone.
>
>Both? The JF avatar has never appeared here.

>--
>Peter T. Daniels gram...@att.net

The irony of this statement is that 'grapheus' likely is the 'JF avatar.'

Like licks of tootsie-roll pops, the world may never know.