Time to open the champagne and toast the death of AGW alarmism

IMAGINARY'CONSENSUS'

Dec 8, 2011, 6:40:50 PM12/8/11
As we can see the media have pretty much ignored Durban, AGW funding
has been cut savagely by the worlds governments and public support has
dropped to almost zero if you read the comments on online news
articles about AGW.

Personally, I dont know anyone who takes it seriously these days, and
judging by the latest C 2.0 emails it seems many of the scientists
involved don't either.

So it seems to me the gradual fading away of AGW alarmism is already
well underway. We might have wanted blood, but we wont get it; the
fraud was too widely sanctioined for that, but we can at least raise a
glass to its demise, even if it takes another 5 years,

DELUSORY*CONcENSUS*

Dec 8, 2011, 8:56:25 PM12/8/11

"Jonathan" <Calli...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "matt_sykes" <zze...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do you explain this chart?
>
> http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Easy!

Aha, The Plot Thickens .

"We have to get rid of the Mediæval Warm Period" Confided to geophysicist
David Deming by the IPCC, 1995

[Many believe that man to be Jonathan Overpeck who mistakenly thought he was
talking to a fellow warmist, which Prof Deming didn't deny in an email
response, who would later also serve as an IPCC lead author.]

Where Did The Mediæval Warm Period Disappear To?

If we go back to earlier IPCC reports...let's go back 20 years to about
1990, we can see graphs where there's a very prominent mediæval warm period.

This is clearly presented in graphs in the early reports.

But as we progress in time, the level of temperature during that historical
period keeps declining, and so what they actually end up with is quite a
famous graph...listeners may be aware of a graph that's referred to as the
'hockey-stick'

John Abbot, Australian scientist

DELUSORY*CONcENSUS*

Dec 8, 2011, 9:01:16 PM12/8/11

"Jonathan" <Calli...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "matt_sykes" <zze...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> As we can see the media have pretty much ignored Durban, AGW funding
>> has been cut savagely by the worlds governments and public support has
>> dropped to almost zero if you read the comments on online news
>> articles about AGW.
>>
>> Personally, I dont know anyone who takes it seriously these days, and
>> judging by the latest C 2.0 emails it seems many of the scientists
>> involved don't either.
>>
>> So it seems to me the gradual fading away of AGW alarmism is already
>> well underway. We might have wanted blood, but we wont get it; the
>> fraud was too widely sanctioined for that, but we can at least raise a
>> glass to its demise, even if it takes another 5 years,
>

> How do you explain this chart?
>
> http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Disappearing The Mediæval Warm Period

November 23 2011

>Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:53:11 -0500 (EST)

>From: "Henry N. Pollack"

>To: p.jones >cc: Shaopeng Huang

>Subject: Nature paper and beyond

>We will review carefully the borehole database for deep high quality data
> >that may shed some additional light on the full millennium in different
> >regions. We might even think about different parameterizations for >some
>of the best data. But it will be very difficult to make the MWP go >away in
>Greenland.

Why is Phil Jones apparently wanting to make the MWP go away?

Warmest Regards

B0nnz0

"It is a remarkable fact that despite the worldwide expenditure of perhaps
US$50 billion since 1990, and the efforts of tens of thousands of scientists
worldwide, no human climate signal has yet been detected that is distinct
from natural variation."

Bob Carter, Research Professor of Geology, James Cook University, Townsville

"A major problem has been the co-option of climate science by politics,
ambition, greed, and what seems to be a hereditary human need for a
righteous cause."

"What better cause than "saving" the planet, especially if one can get
ample, secure funding at the same time?"

William Happer, Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics, Princeton
University.

"The claim is that the temperature has changed from ~288.0 to ~288.8ºK in
about 150 years, which, if true, means to me that the temperature has been
amazingly stable, and both human health and happiness have definitely
improved in this 'warming' period,".

Nobel Laureate Dr. Ivar Giaever:

"If climate has not "tipped" in over 4 billion years it's not going to tip
now due to mankind. The planet has a natural thermostat"

Richard S. Lindzen, Atmospheric Physicist, Professor of Meteorology MIT,
Former IPCC Lead Author

"A core problem is that science has given way to ideology. The scientific
method has been dispensed with, or abused, to serve the myth of man-made
global warming."

"The World Turned Upside Down", Melanie Phillips

"Computer models are built in an almost backwards fashion: The goal is to
show evidence of AGW, and the "scientists" go to work to produce such a
result. When even these models fail to show what advocates want, the data
and interpretations are "fudged" to bring about the desired result"

"The World Turned Upside Down", Melanie Phillips

"Ocean acidification looks suspiciously like a back-up plan by the
environmental pressure groups in case the climate fails to warm: another try
at condemning fossil fuels!"

http://www.rationaloptimist.com/blog/threat-ocean-acidification-greatly-exaggerated

Before attacking hypothetical problems, let us first solve the real problems
that threaten humanity. One single water pump at an equivalent cost of a
couple of solar panels can indeed spare hundreds of Sahel women the daily
journey to the spring and spare many infections and lives.

Martin De Vlieghere, philosopher

"All it takes to find oneself called a 'denier' is to seek a sense of
proportion about environmental problems"

Mark Lynas, The God Species

DELUSORY*CONcENSUS*

Dec 10, 2011, 8:02:11 AM12/10/11

"Tunderbar" <tdco...@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Dec 8, 2:53 pm, Bret Cahill <Bret_E_Cah...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > As we can see the media have pretty much ignored Durban, AGW funding
> > has been cut savagely by the worlds governments and public support has
> > dropped to almost zero if you read the comments on online news
> > articles about AGW.
>
> > Personally, I dont know anyone who takes it seriously these days, and
> > judging by the latest C 2.0 emails it seems many of the scientists
> > involved don't either.
>
> > So it seems to me the gradual fading away of AGW alarmism is already
> > well underway. We might have wanted blood, but we wont get it; the
> > fraud was too widely sanctioined for that, but we can at least raise a
> > glass to its demise, even if it takes another 5 years,
>
> Then there's no reason for deniers to post any more.
>
> Bye bye!
>
> Bret Cahill

There are all kinds of reasons for us to continue posting. Gloating in
general. Enjoying the experience of seeing you guys squirm endlessly.
Enjoying the old "I told you so" warm feeling inside. Celebrating the
win. Making sure that those who transgressed science with their eco-
fraud get whats coming. And just general merriment. Yeeee haaaaa!

: )