Looking for low-cost IBM-compat Schematic and PCB auto-routing software

Skip to the first unread message

Eric Poulsen

29 Nov 1995, 03:00:0029/11/1995

Does anyone have any tips for finding decent (no cheeseware)
affordable (meaning less than $200) schematic and/or PCB routing (auto-routing
that is) software?

Point-to-point wiring and hand-jotted schems is okay for small stuff,
but I'm looking at what is (for me) a rather ambitious project, and I'd rather
go the automation route.

I've downloaded "Pads-logic" and "Pads-PCB," both of which look
promising despite the non-intuitive interface. But then again, it could be
"cheeseware" for all I know. Any suggestions for the would-be home engineer?

Thank you for your time, and I apologize if this is not the correct
newsgroup (couldn't find sci.electronics.software.)

-- Eric

Deven Patel

1 Dec 1995, 03:00:0001/12/1995
Pads PCB is great and best of all its free. (The old evaluation version
that is). Get over the interface, You'll get used to it. Where else are
you gonna find a schematic capture to PCB Layout with autorouting
capability for free.
Trust me this is no "cheeseware".

Jim Weir

2 Dec 1995, 03:00:0002/12/1995
joa...@pixi.com (Eric Poulsen) wrote:

> Does anyone have any tips for finding decent (no cheeseware)
>affordable (meaning less than $200) schematic and/or PCB routing (auto-routing
>that is) software?

> Thank you for your time, and I apologize if this is not the correct
>newsgroup (couldn't find sci.electronics.software.)

[snips in consideration of bandwidth]

There is a thread starting Monday (5 December) in
rec.radio.amateur.homebrew on inexpensive software, resist, & etching
for the home experimenter/scientist/engineer.

Jim

Jim Weir VP Engineering | "We seem to be standing on
RST Engineering | the foreskin of technology."
Grass Valley CA 95945 | (Gen Chuck Yeager)
voice/fax 916/272-1432 |
rst-...@oro.net AR Adv WB6BHI CFI A&G/Comml Inst A&G/A&P/C-182A N73CQ

Dr Hydro

2 Dec 1995, 03:00:0002/12/1995
look in this month's (January) issue of Electronics Now- there's a review
of low-cost PCB software. The September and October issues of the same
mag had reviews of schematic-capture packages.

chipman

13 Dec 1995, 03:00:0013/12/1995
rst-...@oro.net (Jim Weir) wrote:

>joa...@pixi.com (Eric Poulsen) wrote:

>Jim

Look for Electronics now September 1995

A complete list of the most popular.

Look for TurbuCAD it's on sale now for under $150.00 (with library)

TurboCAD 1 800 833-8082

It was recommended in the article...

Rich
CHIPMAN