Distorion

....... .......

Oct 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/26/98
I have been having distorion problems with my Sony 32 V series TV,little
bit of shaking of the screen every 10 minutes or so.
Is this normal? The repairman told me it is,I personaly don't think it
is...

.... .....

Sam Goldwasser

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
It isn't normal for the TV but you may have something nearby or on the
same power line that kicks in every 10 minutes - - like a fridge or heater.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
+Lasers | Mirror Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html
| Sam's Laser FAQ: http://www.misty.com/~don/lasersam.html

....... .......

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98

I have been having distorion problems with my Sony 32 V series TV,little
bit of shaking of the screen every 10 minutes or so. Is this normal? The
repairman told me it is,I personaly don't think it is.

Thanks.

Please e-mail.

.... .....

Sam Goldwasser

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98

> Thanks.

> Please e-mail.

There has been at least one reply to this. You didn't see it because
you aren't checking back with this group, sorry. Post here, read here.
What do you think this is, a private free consulting service?

Franc Zabkar

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:49:42 -0600 (CST), ....... ....... put finger
to keyboard and composed:

>I have been having distorion problems with my Sony 32 V series TV,little
>bit of shaking of the screen every 10 minutes or so. Is this normal? The
>repairman told me it is,I personaly don't think it is.

I have seen various Sony TVs exhibit horizontal shaking/width faults.
These were due to an intermittent potential divider in the H-stat (an
expensive item).

On some sets the feedback from the h-stat is capacitively coupled to
the deflection circuit. On others it is DC coupled.

The problem can be isolated on AC coupled types by disconnecting the
feedback, eg on model KX27PS1.

For the DC coupled types, the feedback may be removed but needs to be
simulated by means of a separate DC source, eg the 12V rail in model
KX20PS1.

Having said all this, can someone explain to me how the h-stat works?

-- Franc Zabkar

Please remove one 'g' from my address when replying by email.

Mark

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
to Sam Goldwasser
Thanks Sam. I was going to give him a hint on his attitude,
but then I saw that he was using WebTV. I probably would have
fallen on deaf ears. From my experience from other groups
also, I think that some individuals think these groups are
here for their benefit only and "damnit" they better get a
response. They are not aware at all of the premise under which
they work. Again thanks.

--
Please remove "removeme" from address when replying. Thank
you!

Ren Tescher

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
In article <22800-363...@newsd-101.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Sh8k...@webtv.net (....... .......) writes:

>I have been having distorion problems with my Sony 32 V series TV,little
>bit of shaking of the screen every 10 minutes or so. Is this normal? The
>repairman told me it is,I personaly don't think it is.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Please e-mail.

With a email name like Shake N Bake,
are you sure it's the TV that is having problems?

I suspect it might be a problem with the 'video receiver'.

Ren

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
I don't have a video receiver though. Thanks for answering though. My tv
also has a baking problem I've noticed.