RCA F27665 repair: beyond L14401

espex...@iname.com

May 19, 2005, 7:05:52 PM5/19/05

I've got an RCA F27665 27" TV (chasis CTC203AX) with good sound and
menus, but no image. Cleaning the glue off L14401 and resoldering it
to the board had no effect. Any ideas as to what to check next?

Mark

Rono

May 19, 2005, 7:46:43 PM5/19/05
Yes, measure beetween base of horizontal output
& the drive transformer. The foil is likely opened @
the coil. Rono. RCA has very flimsy pcb's.

dkuh...@locl.net

May 19, 2005, 8:32:53 PM5/19/05
What are the results of the most basic troubleshooting so far?

electr...@yahoo.com

May 19, 2005, 9:44:39 PM5/19/05
If menu's are seen on the crt then the horizontal output and high
voltage are working properly.... thus L14401 and the foil between the
HOT and the drive xfmr are NOT implicated as faulty.
electricitym
- - -

Rono

May 20, 2005, 3:03:33 AM5/20/05
Oops! Thought there was no raster at all.
Rono.

cg...@corrcomm.net

May 20, 2005, 10:18:22 AM5/20/05
1 Do you have a print on this set?
2 There is a PIP Module pluged into main chassis circuit board, Also
contains a/v switching. If you can get use of this bd try it. If not
look at board there is a voltage regulator TO 220 type case, remove
this regulator & try again. I had one the other day The PIP IC was
shorted. Taking Regulator IC out restored pic but PIP Did not work. If
this helps still need to replace module

espex...@iname.com

May 21, 2005, 1:16:47 AM5/21/05

Thanks to all who offered suggestions. I was hoping there was a
common fault that would cause this problem. It looks like this is a
more involved repair than I want to get into at this time.

Mark

kip

May 21, 2005, 8:11:37 AM5/21/05
I would start looking at the PC board
as I suspect you may have damaged it
removing the chassis from the Tray as
you said it finally came out.
There are 2 plastic clips on the sides of the
tray which have to be lifted to release the chassis.
Just a suggestion...
kip

<espex...@iname.com> wrote in message

espex...@iname.com

May 23, 2005, 3:12:32 AM5/23/05

kip wrote:
> I would start looking at the PC board
> as I suspect you may have damaged it
> removing the chassis from the Tray as
> you said it finally came out.
> There are 2 plastic clips on the sides of the
> tray which have to be lifted to release the chassis.
> Just a suggestion...
> kip

Hi Kip,

I didn't damage the board. I released the clips, and the board was
still stuck, but I gently worked it free after that. After putting the
set back together, the problem is still the same as it was.

Mark

kip

May 23, 2005, 8:22:56 AM5/23/05
ok