Sony WEGA KV-27FS100 Problem

marnold

Mar 10, 2004, 6:29:49 PM3/10/04
I have a Sony Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 TV with a problem... Recently the
remote has stopped working consistently and the "Initial Setup" on-screen
display comes on and off the screen randomly and repeatedly.

Since the TV is only 18 months old, I'm not thrilled about it, and was
wondering if this was something I could consider looking at, at least before
I take it to the repair shop.

It would seem like it's something related to the IR receiver but what the
hell do I know?

thanks.

Art

Mar 10, 2004, 6:38:47 PM3/10/04
Check the remote on a working SONY tele. Your set may need to be
reinitialized or may need a new eprom. Suggest taking it to a SONY repair
facility unless you have experience in repairing their products.
"marnold" <mar...@wi.rr.com> wrote in message

marnold

Mar 10, 2004, 6:52:10 PM3/10/04
I don't think the problem is the remote... the "Initial Setup" screen
display comes on and off the screen independent of the remote.

It sounds like it should be taken to the repair shop anyway, though.

thanks.

"Art" <stu...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Ray

Mar 10, 2004, 11:30:41 PM3/10/04
If by some chance you've been cleaning the CRT glass with windex or some
other spray cleaner, you probably allowed some of it to migrate down the
tube past the lower edge of the cabinet and has dripped on the PCB. If this
is the case, then it's possible corrosion has set in on PCB components.
Best to take to servicer for proper evaluation.

Ray

RP Berube

Mar 26, 2004, 6:44:16 PM3/26/04
I was wondering if you took your TV to the repair shop and what the
problem turned out to be.

Mine started to do the exact same thing recently...

Thanks.

Art

Mar 26, 2004, 9:45:48 PM3/26/04
Remote Hand Unit or IR Pickup most likely. May also be a corrupt eprom. May
require taking the tele to a Sony Service Centre.
"RP Berube" <rpbe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message