Does Protel 99 SE work with Windows Vista ?

Rodo

May 28, 2007, 10:27:57 PM5/28/07
Hi all,

I need to install Protel 99 SE in a new laptop that I have to buy and all
laptops now have Windows Vista. Does anyone know if Protel 99 SE works ok
with vista ?

Thanks a bunch.

budgie

May 29, 2007, 1:56:36 AM5/29/07
On Tue, 29 May 2007 02:27:57 GMT, "Rodo" <dsp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I need to install Protel 99 SE in a new laptop that I have to buy and all
>laptops now have Windows Vista.

Dell have recently offered a reversion - XP - on their new machines. Don't know
if Dell is on your radar though.

Gerhard Fiedler

May 29, 2007, 10:39:23 AM5/29/07
On 2007-05-29 02:56:36, budgie wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2007 02:27:57 GMT, "Rodo" <dsp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I need to install Protel 99 SE in a new laptop that I have to buy and all
>>laptops now have Windows Vista.
>
> Dell have recently offered a reversion - XP - on their new machines. Don't know
> if Dell is on your radar though.

I have heard it does, but in case it doesn't, you always have VirtualPC or
similar to run XP or 2k.

Gerhard

Rich Grise

May 29, 2007, 12:34:07 PM5/29/07

From what I've heard, almost nothing works OK with vista.

Get a laptop with a CD or DVD drive, format the hard disk, and install
Linux. Or, tell them to leave the Vista out and install some version
of doze that you've had good luck with.

Cheers!
Rich

JeffM

May 29, 2007, 12:54:39 PM5/29/07
Rodo wrote:
>[...]all laptops now have Windows Vista.

Not the ones from the *smart* vendors:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:slashdot.org+intitle:Dell+intitle:XP+Vista

James Beck

May 29, 2007, 1:08:42 PM5/29/07
In article <1180457679.1...@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
jef...@email.com says...
I ordered my ASUS laptop with WinXP Pro preinstalled, no problem.

JeffM

May 29, 2007, 1:54:33 PM5/29/07

James Beck wrote:
>I ordered my ASUS laptop with WinXP Pro preinstalled, no problem.

I forgot to mention that Dell has gone off the deep end
on this whole **Your Favorite OS** thing. 8-)
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:slashdot.org+intitle:Dell+intitle:Ubuntu

The vendors who want to stay in business
are realizing that *monoculture* ain't the future.

PeteS

May 29, 2007, 9:06:36 PM5/29/07

I was out looking for a laptop for my wife and the local stores all
insisted that Vista pre-installed was required - so I told them my money
was not required and they could keep their crapware. I found a laptop
with NO OS pre-installed at my local friendly store and loaded up Ubuntu
which does all she needs.

Vista is the biggest footgun in the history of computers, it seems.

Cheers

PeteS

JackShephard

May 29, 2007, 10:45:47 PM5/29/07

Tripe like that is what makes YOU the troll, boy.

ALL he has to do is change the properties of the installation file to
make it appear as to be running under XP or W2k, and then, MAYBE do the
same with the executable in the installed Pkg.

Right click on file, select "Properties", then the "Compatibility" tab.

Oh boy... any two year old could do it that isn't on the piss and moan
idiot wagon.

Go.ABC.com would not let me watch a live episode with their newest
viewer until I did this with my Explorer and Firefox programs. Afterward,
they were unaware of what the OS was. NOW, they have since added Vista
acceptance, and I reset my browsers. It isn't any more difficult than a
few mouse clicks... SHEESH, boys... get with it. Don't just ASSUME, ASK
for help.

You guys are worse than male drivers that refuse to stop and look at
THE ROAD MAP!

This is not new to Vista. XP had similar problems and they were
addressed in the same manner.

How many YEARS behind are you idiots going to fall before you realize
that the problem is YOU?

The OS works fine.

JackShephard

May 29, 2007, 10:48:23 PM5/29/07

You guys are backward idiots.

The SMART VENDORS DO offer it!

Maybe one day, you'll all catch up.

Knowing how dumb you guys are acting, it will be after DRM in the apps
you use REQUIRE you to do so.

Did you all not install the dot net frameworks so you could chat
online? SAME SHIT.

Catch up, or stay at home, pounding your puds.

JackShephard

May 29, 2007, 10:53:04 PM5/29/07

Dell is also going to be offering Linux gear as well. There is an
article in the Linux Journal mag about that very thing, and Dell's
customer survey, and the list of thousands of responses for everything
from NO pre-installed OS to various Linux configurations.

JackShephard

May 29, 2007, 11:06:39 PM5/29/07
On Tue, 29 May 2007 21:06:36 -0400, PeteS <axk...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

>Vista is the biggest footgun in the history of computers, it seems.
>
>Cheers

Only for foottards.

Dh

May 30, 2007, 12:47:19 AM5/30/07

I've got laptop preinstalled with vista & most of my electronics
softwares dint run on it!!! now m back to XP again!
better dont go for vista..

JackShephard

May 30, 2007, 7:35:52 AM5/30/07

All you had to do is change the fucking compatibility mode on the
executable. D'oh!

James Beck

May 30, 2007, 9:26:52 AM5/30/07
In article <kboq5396pi72hnd90...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Someplaceintime.org says...

Does Vista's "Compatibility Mode" work any better than XP's ?
I found it next to useless under XP.
I just bit the bullet and upgraded as much of my apps as I could and
moved on.

Jim

krw

May 30, 2007, 9:44:07 AM5/30/07
In article <MPG.20c745a53...@newsgroups.bellsouth.net>,
j...@reallykillersystems.com says...

> In article <kboq5396pi72hnd90...@4ax.com>,
> SomewhereOnT...@Someplaceintime.org says...

> > >I've got laptop preinstalled with vista & most of my electronics
> > >softwares dint run on it!!! now m back to XP again!
> > >better dont go for vista..
> >

> > All you had to do is change the fucking compatibility mode on the
> > executable. D'oh!
> >

> Does Vista's "Compatibility Mode" work any better than XP's ?

No.

> I found it next to useless under XP.

Vista is next to useless. Compatability mode doesn't help at all.

> I just bit the bullet and upgraded as much of my apps as I could and
> moved on.

Not always possible. I bought an XP license and will delete the
Vista virus.

--
Keith

James Beck

May 30, 2007, 10:00:09 AM5/30/07
In article <MPG.20c749b06...@news.individual.net>,
k...@att.bizzzz says...
Long before Vista came out, I bought a copy of XP Pro 64bit, just to see
what would or wouldn't run on it. The disk broke during installation
and I never sent it back for replacement. I think my next system will
probably be a Vista machine with some type of virtualization for running
98SE or XP. Hell, I still run some ANCIENT DOS stuff in XP under
DOSBox.

Jim

JeffM

May 30, 2007, 11:02:41 AM5/30/07
James Beck wrote:
>I still run some ANCIENT DOS stuff in XP under DOSBox.

One assumes that instead of meaning *a DOS box*,
you are speaking of the open source cross-platform utility
http://www.google.com/search?q=define:DOSBox
--and saying (again) that M$'s "legendary backwards-compatibliity"
*ain't*.

James Beck

May 30, 2007, 11:21:08 AM5/30/07
In article <1180537361.7...@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
jef...@email.com says...
Yes, DOSBox, the DOS emulator with CPU throttle.

They break and fix differing things throughout the process of working on
it, but as a general rule, most vanilla DOS apps will work in a DOSBox
window.

Jim

Rich Grise

May 30, 2007, 11:49:48 AM5/30/07
On Tue, 29 May 2007 19:45:47 -0700, JackShephard wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2007 16:34:07 GMT, Rich Grise <ri...@example.net> wrote:
>
>>From what I've heard, almost nothing works OK with vista.
>>
>>Get a laptop with a CD or DVD drive, format the hard disk, and install
>>Linux. Or, tell them to leave the Vista out and install some version
>>of doze that you've had good luck with.
>
> Tripe like that is what makes YOU the troll, boy.

Guess you'd better plonk me then, I guess.

Good day.
Rich

Rich Grise

May 30, 2007, 11:52:37 AM5/30/07
On Tue, 29 May 2007 19:48:23 -0700, JackShephard wrote:

> Catch up, or stay at home, pounding your puds.

Are all vista users as sophisticated and genteel as you appear to be?

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Grise

May 30, 2007, 11:56:17 AM5/30/07

An operating system that makes you modify your existing software is
worse than useless.

But, I guess there's no talking sense to the M$ addicts. Sigh.

The sad part is, this annoying little twerp is probably going to become
a millionaire doing help-desk work for vista victims.

Thanks,
Rich

Message has been deleted

PeteS

May 30, 2007, 7:55:39 PM5/30/07

You're an ass, but you really aren't that good at it.

Keep working at it; practise makes perfect we're told

Cheers

PeteS

JackShephard

May 30, 2007, 9:56:56 PM5/30/07
On Wed, 30 May 2007 09:44:07 -0400, krw <k...@att.bizzzz> wrote:

>Not always possible. I bought an XP license and will delete the
>Vista virus.

Shame we can't delete the virus that you are.

I sure hope you paid a lot for it. Bwuahahahahaha!

Does you skull generate as much heat as a 100W light bulb when you're
mad, KeithKiethStain? Bwuahahahahaha!

JackShephard

May 30, 2007, 10:01:12 PM5/30/07

As if it takes a genius to run an old legacy app in a product as well
made as DOSBox.

Any two year old can do it. A PC Maven/guru, he is not.

krw

May 30, 2007, 10:43:54 PM5/30/07
In article <aoas5311ftuth4o24...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Someplaceintime.org says...

> On Wed, 30 May 2007 09:44:07 -0400, krw <k...@att.bizzzz> wrote:
>

> >Not always possible. I bought an XP license and will delete the
> >Vista virus.
>
> Shame we can't delete the virus that you are.

Wow, such repartee! Is your neuron tired?

> I sure hope you paid a lot for it. Bwuahahahahaha!

Of course, Dimmy. Nice quoting BTW, MassivelyWrong.

> Does you skull generate as much heat as a 100W light bulb when you're
> mad, KeithKiethStain? Bwuahahahahaha!

You're the dim bulb that doesn't think a 100W light bulb generates
100W of heat, Dimbulb.

--
Keith

JackShephard

May 30, 2007, 10:43:42 PM5/30/07
On Wed, 30 May 2007 19:55:39 -0400, PeteS <axk...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

>JackShephard wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 May 2007 21:06:36 -0400, PeteS <axk...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Vista is the biggest footgun in the history of computers, it seems.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>

>> Only for foottards.
>
>You're an ass, but you really aren't that good at it.

IKYABWAI

>Keep working at it; practise makes perfect we're told

Especially when you learn how to spell it correctly.

You should PRACTICE, you might get it right one day.

>Cheers

disingenuous asswipe.

Michael A. Terrell

May 31, 2007, 1:48:41 AM5/31/07
krw wrote:

> In article <aoas5311ftuth4o24...@4ax.com>,
> SomewhereOnT...@Someplaceintime.org says...
> > On Wed, 30 May 2007 09:44:07 -0400, krw <k...@att.bizzzz> wrote:
> >

> > >Not always possible. I bought an XP license and will delete the
> > >Vista virus.
> >
> > Shame we can't delete the virus that you are.
>
> Wow, such repartee! Is your neuron tired?

What do you call half a Neuron? Jack Shephard!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

joseph2k

May 31, 2007, 6:33:14 AM5/31/07
Rich Grise wrote:

JackWrong wouldn't last a full day on help desk, too abrasive and abusive.
--
JosephKK
--Schiller

James Beck

May 31, 2007, 9:55:57 AM5/31/07
In article <v0bs53573cdugch8n...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Someplaceintime.org says...
Never suggested I was.
Just made a comment about a tool I use.
Nothing more.

Jim

Marra

May 31, 2007, 11:12:30 AM5/31/07
It should do.

I write PCBCAD software and mine works great under Vista.

I even wrote a new version using .net v3 that only works with XP and
Vista.

www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm
www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm

John Larkin

May 31, 2007, 11:35:32 AM5/31/07
On 31 May 2007 08:12:30 -0700, Marra <cresswe...@talktalk.net>
wrote:

>It should do.
>
>I write PCBCAD software and mine works great under Vista.
>
>I even wrote a new version using .net v3 that only works with XP and
>Vista.
>
>www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm

Wow, those are the ugliest schematics and pcb layouts I've seen in a
long time. And it's hard to read much of the red-on-blue website text
without getting a headache. If the tools are any good, a better
presentation would help sell them.

John

Rodo

Jun 1, 2007, 2:31:19 AM6/1/07
I have to second the other poster's comments. The web site colors are
hideous !. The software looks good though. Better presentation may sell
more. Good luck.

"Marra" <cresswe...@talktalk.net> wrote in message

JackShephard

Jun 1, 2007, 5:00:13 AM6/1/07

Actually, the website and the software looks hideous.

Good old Tango beats it, hands down, and it is a ten year old plus
package.

Message has been deleted

rmark...@shaw.ca

Jun 3, 2007, 9:05:35 PM6/3/07
On May 28, 8:27 pm, "Rodo" <dsp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to install Protel 99 SE in a new laptop that I have to buy and all
> laptops now have Windows Vista. Does anyone know if Protel 99 SE works ok
> with vista ?
>
> Thanks a bunch.

I made the mistake of upgrading to Vista and have had all kinds of
problems with just about everything that I used to run, including
Protel 99 SE. I have hard drive drawers in my PC and I finally
decided
to set up an XP drive with tools such as 99 SE on it. However, if you
MUST use Vista you may be able to make Protel work. In the limited
testing that I did I found that everything seems to work except the
function that adds libraries. You can open library files and edit
them, and you can remove libraries from a project. However, once you
have removed a library you cannot re-select it. A work-around would
be
to rename your library to the same name as the default library in the
Protel directory and then copy it over top of the default library.
This goes for both SCH and PCB libraries. Yes, I tried the various
compatibility modes - no success. I suspect that it has something to
do with file PERMISSIONS. Protel consists of a gazillion little EXE
files that it calls SERVERS, and I suspect that there may be a
problem
with the library server having the right permissions, but I spent
more
time than I should have and did not get it to work. If anyone out
there has solved the LIBRARY problem please let us know. I suppose it
it time to cough up the bucks for Altium Designer!!??

Jamie

Jun 3, 2007, 10:48:23 PM6/3/07
rmark...@shaw.ca wrote:

May I suggest something.
Try to create another Main Programs folder. and re-install there.
Vista has the Program Files folder tree some what locked down and hard
to work around how ever. I did find that if you create a new folder tree
from the Root using simple names so that older program don't get
confused it seem to work for many programs i have how ever, there is
still some problems with Vista that has not been solved and is not
security issues. It seems that some apps not all that i tested, will
start failing things like pop down menus that no longer seem to have a
function any more and so on after you have worked with the app for
some time.. when it starts doing this. I need to shut it down and wait,
it them seems a lot of disk activity is taking place. then I restart it
and they will work again.
THis is not just one program, it's like 4 out of 8 programs i use is
doing this.
so oh well.
I had Vista on my new laptop which originally came with XP pro.
Panasonic suggested Vista so I bought it and installed it..
That was a mistake., every program I had that required the use of the
serial port would stop working or miss behave after some time using the
functions in the apps that applied to the serial port. It almost look
like back in the days when you ran out of system resources.

so I remove Vista and attempted to install XP pro SP2. when I say
attempted it was not fun. It seems that some how the bios in the laptop
got altered. and when you start and install of XP, it reboots the laptop
after the first cycle to get things started and ends up booting
something that is still looking for Vista code. The only thing I can
come up with here is that Vista changed something in the bios.
Look like it wasn't loading it's boot sector from the normal place.
any ways. After looking at the resource CD that comes with the laptop,
there was a Flash restore utility disk. that corrected that problem.
Now we have XP pro SP2 on the laptop, all my programs work fine now.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

JackShephard

Jun 4, 2007, 12:32:34 AM6/4/07
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 18:05:35 -0700, rmark...@shaw.ca wrote:

>I made the mistake of upgrading to Vista

Did you have to double post it, idiot?

Rich Grise

Jun 4, 2007, 12:48:18 PM6/4/07
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:48:23 -0400, Jamie wrote:

> I had Vista on my new laptop which originally came with XP pro.
> Panasonic suggested Vista so I bought it and installed it..
> That was a mistake., every program I had that required the use of the

> so I remove Vista and attempted to install XP pro SP2. when I say

> Look like it wasn't loading it's boot sector from the normal place.
> any ways. After looking at the resource CD that comes with the laptop,
> there was a Flash restore utility disk. that corrected that problem.
> Now we have XP pro SP2 on the laptop, all my programs work fine now.

So, are you going to try to get your money back from M$ for the crapware?

Good Luck!
Rich

Marra

Jun 4, 2007, 5:10:38 PM6/4/07
On 29 May, 03:27, "Rodo" <dsp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to install Protel 99 SE in a new laptop that I have to buy and all
> laptops now have Windows Vista. Does anyone know if Protel 99 SE works ok
> with vista ?
>
> Thanks a bunch.

Why wouldnt it?

Its a windows program so shud work under vista.

All the programs I have written do.

www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm

James Beck

Jun 5, 2007, 11:01:16 AM6/5/07
In article <1180991438.3...@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
cresswe...@talktalk.net says...
But you didn't write all the world's software either ;)

Marra

Jun 7, 2007, 5:54:34 AM6/7/07
On 5 Jun, 16:01, James Beck <j...@reallykillersystems.com> wrote:
> In article <1180991438.365666.300...@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
> cresswellave...@talktalk.net says...

> > On 29 May, 03:27, "Rodo" <dsp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
>
> > > I need to install Protel 99 SE in a new laptop that I have to buy and all
> > > laptops now have Windows Vista. Does anyone know if Protel 99 SE works ok
> > > with vista ?
>
> > > Thanks a bunch.
>
> > Why wouldnt it?
>
> > Its a windows program so shud work under vista.
>
> > All the programs I have written do.
>
> >www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm
>
> But you didn't write all the world's software either ;)

Well if you stick to using the API supplied by Windows then why
shouldnt it work ?
Microsoft supply plenty of free compilers and I am pretty sure they
dont use non existant system calls !
Its only idiots who start trying to control hardware direct that fall
foul.

krw

Jun 7, 2007, 9:26:50 AM6/7/07
In article <1181210074.5...@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
cresswe...@talktalk.net says...

> On 5 Jun, 16:01, James Beck <j...@reallykillersystems.com> wrote:
> > In article <1180991438.365666.300...@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
> > cresswellave...@talktalk.net says...

> > > Why wouldnt it?
> >
> > > Its a windows program so shud work under vista.
> >
> > > All the programs I have written do.
> >
> > >www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm
> >
> > But you didn't write all the world's software either ;)
>
> Well if you stick to using the API supplied by Windows then why
> shouldnt it work ?

Because the API is inconsistent across all varieties of Win?

> Microsoft supply plenty of free compilers and I am pretty sure they
> dont use non existant system calls !

They? M$ didn't write all software in the world either.

> Its only idiots who start trying to control hardware direct that fall
> foul.

Nonsense. Windows was born broken and has only gotten worse with
old-age spread.

--
Keith

JackShephard

Jun 7, 2007, 7:30:36 PM6/7/07
On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:26:50 -0400, krw <k...@att.bizzzz> wrote:

>Nonsense. Windows was born broken and has only gotten worse with
>old-age spread.

You're the one full of nonsense, idiot.

krw

Jun 7, 2007, 10:32:51 PM6/7/07
In article <285h63dl5irmjjtk5...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Sumplaceintime.org says...
Wow, if it isn't li'l Miss Pot.

--
Keith

James Beck

Jun 8, 2007, 11:01:38 AM6/8/07
Your statement sounds good on the surface, but breaks down in practice.
You only use those resources that were available in Win3.XX?
How about Win95, pre USB support, post USB support?
Win98, Win98SE?
WinXP service pack X?
There are some compatibility problems that happen, unless you have some
sort of console app that just prints text into a window, and even then,
I'll bet there will be issues with DLL's and so on.
It is easy to say, hard to do.
How far do you take the forward/backwards compatibility?
What about 16 bit apps in the 64 bit version?
Last I heard THUNK is gone and WOW is just for 32 bit apps running on
the 64 bit version of WinXP Pro64 and Vista.
I'm sure the list goes on and on, I'm just shooting from the hip here.
Hell, I remember when I had a problem with the infamous MFC and that IS
Micro$oft!

Jim

Marra

Jun 10, 2007, 4:44:16 PM6/10/07
On 1 Jun, 10:00, JackShephard
<SomewhereOnTheLOSTIsl...@Sumplaceintime.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 06:31:19 GMT, "Rodo" <dsp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I have to second the other poster's comments. The web site colors are
> >hideous !. The software looks good though. Better presentation may sell
> >more. Good luck.
>
> >"Marra" <cresswellave...@talktalk.net> wrote in message

> >> It should do.
>
> >> I write PCBCAD software and mine works great under Vista.
>
> >> I even wrote a new version using .net v3 that only works with XP and
> >> Vista.
>
> >>www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm
> >>www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm
>
> Actually, the website and the software looks hideous.
>
> Good old Tango beats it, hands down, and it is a ten year old plus
> package.

What with a 127 layer autorouter ?
I dont think so !

Marra

Jun 10, 2007, 4:46:34 PM6/10/07
On 1 Jun, 07:31, "Rodo" <dsp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have to second the other poster's comments. The web site colors are
> hideous !. The software looks good though. Better presentation may sell
> more. Good luck.
>
> "Marra" <cresswellave...@talktalk.net> wrote in message

> > It should do.
>
> > I write PCBCAD software and mine works great under Vista.
>
> > I even wrote a new version using .net v3 that only works with XP and
> > Vista.
>
> >www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm
> >www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm

Whats the website got to do with it?

For less than £20 you get a 63 layer autorouter, gerber viewer, symbol
wizards, design rule check, numerous autoplacers. Gridded and
ungridded autorouters !
EasyPC charge well over £400 for pretty much the same thing !

Marra

Jun 10, 2007, 4:48:58 PM6/10/07
> > >Not always possible. I bought an XP license and will delete the
> > >Vista virus.

I wouldnt even go near my pc with vista until SP2 !!!

Win XP pro is currently the best OS for PC's.

>From what I have heard people are having massive problems with vista
and many are going back to XP and some have lobbyed pc makers to still
provide XP.

Marra

Jun 10, 2007, 4:49:46 PM6/10/07
On 8 Jun, 16:01, James Beck <j...@reallykillersystems.com> wrote:
> In article <1181210074.518017.263...@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> cresswellave...@talktalk.net says...

MFC, Delphi, VC++, Visual C++ express, C# express, .net v1/2/3/3.6
It just never ends and most of the new stuff is crap with big holes in
it.
ORCAS uses XAML and is a pain in the arss.

krw

Jun 10, 2007, 5:26:40 PM6/10/07
In article <1181508538....@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
cresswe...@talktalk.net says...

> I wouldnt even go near my pc with vista until SP2 !!!

Don't bother. You can't paint a turd and make it anything but a
painted turd.

> Win XP pro is currently the best OS for PC's.

I liked Win2K much better, if one has to stick with Win*.

--
Keith

JackShephard

Jun 10, 2007, 10:57:30 PM6/10/07
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:44:16 -0700, Marra <cresswe...@talktalk.net>
wrote:

Next time you find a home enthusiast doing 127 layer routes you let me
know, idiot.

In fact, where are they being done ANYWHERE?

If you had concentrated on designing to the industry standard, instead
of trying to reinvent the wheel, you might have made a viable product.

Eagle and a number of Open Source packages beat your, and I'd be
willing to bet they are where a good deal of your routines' source came
from.

JackShephard

Jun 10, 2007, 11:00:23 PM6/10/07
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:46:34 -0700, Marra <cresswe...@talktalk.net>
wrote:

>On 1 Jun, 07:31, "Rodo" <dsp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I have to second the other poster's comments. The web site colors are
>> hideous !. The software looks good though. Better presentation may sell
>> more. Good luck.
>>
>> "Marra" <cresswellave...@talktalk.net> wrote in message

>> > It should do.
>>
>> > I write PCBCAD software and mine works great under Vista.
>>
>> > I even wrote a new version using .net v3 that only works with XP and
>> > Vista.
>>
>> >www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm
>> >www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad28.htm
>
>Whats the website got to do with it?
>
>For less than £20 you get a 63 layer autorouter,

Give the name of even ONE PCB fab house that does 63 layer PCBs.

> gerber viewer, symbol
>wizards, design rule check, numerous autoplacers.

Auto placers? Totally meaningless. A good designer knows that hand
placement is a requisite in many design arenas.

> Gridded and
>ungridded autorouters !

Oh Boy!

>EasyPC charge well over £400 for pretty much the same thing !

The fact that you are trying to charge for an unproven app, which
likely has Open Source code in it is quite a tell.

Then there's that way to many layers for the real world thing...

JackShephard

Jun 10, 2007, 11:02:01 PM6/10/07
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:48:58 -0700, Marra <cresswe...@talktalk.net>
wrote:

>I wouldnt even go near my pc with vista until SP2 !!!

The "Service Pack" paradigm went away with Vista.

>Win XP pro is currently the best OS for PC's.

You're an idiot.

>>From what I have heard people are having massive problems with vista
>and many are going back to XP and some have lobbyed pc makers to still
>provide XP.

Many idiots. The PC makers are consoling them, however. Whoopie fuckin'
doo.

JackShephard

Jun 10, 2007, 11:03:15 PM6/10/07
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:49:46 -0700, Marra <cresswe...@talktalk.net>
wrote:

I said that you are an idiot as an insult earlier, but now you prove it
is actually true!

JackShephard

Jun 10, 2007, 11:04:00 PM6/10/07
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:26:40 -0400, krw <k...@att.bizzzz> wrote:

>Don't bother. You can't paint a turd and make it anything but a
>painted turd.

That's where YOU reside, TurdBoy.

krw

Jun 10, 2007, 11:31:57 PM6/10/07
In article <bsep63pvmm04h6a6t...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Sumplaceintime.org says...

Nope. I don't even know you, Dim boy. Thank &Diety.

--
Keith

krw

Jun 10, 2007, 11:40:37 PM6/10/07
In article <ghep63l3osjntt9s5...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Sumplaceintime.org says...

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:46:34 -0700, Marra <cresswe...@talktalk.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On 1 Jun, 07:31, "Rodo" <dsp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> I have to second the other poster's comments. The web site colors are
> >> hideous !. The software looks good though. Better presentation may sell
> >> more. Good luck.
> >>
> >> "Marra" <cresswellave...@talktalk.net> wrote in message

> >Whats the website got to do with it?
> >
> >For less than £20 you get a 63 layer autorouter,
>
> Give the name of even ONE PCB fab house that does 63 layer PCBs.

IBM, over thirty years ago, Dimbulb.

> > gerber viewer, symbol
> >wizards, design rule check, numerous autoplacers.
>
> Auto placers? Totally meaningless. A good designer knows that hand
> placement is a requisite in many design arenas.

Not in all, Dimmy. Auto place and route *IS* used.

> > Gridded and
> >ungridded autorouters !
>
> Oh Boy!

No, you're not.

> >EasyPC charge well over £400 for pretty much the same thing !
>
> The fact that you are trying to charge for an unproven app, which
> likely has Open Source code in it is quite a tell.

You don't know. Of course that's the norm for MassivelyWrong.

> Then there's that way to many layers for the real world thing...

Says the Dimbulb. It's not like there is a reason to put an
artificial limit on the number of layers.

Wot a Maroon!

--
Keith

JackShephard

Jun 11, 2007, 7:16:54 AM6/11/07
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:40:37 -0400, krw <k...@att.bizzzz> wrote:

>Not in all, Dimmy. Auto place and route *IS* used.

Auto route, yes. Auto place, not nearly as much, and never when not
needed.

krw

Jun 11, 2007, 8:41:18 AM6/11/07
In article <6obq63pleaoqa2bn2...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Sumplaceintime.org says...

Auto place is never needed, Dimmy. It's often cost effective though.

--
Keith

James Beck

Jun 11, 2007, 12:11:16 PM6/11/07
In article <jqep63lmd494nkkri...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Sumplaceintime.org says...
Dude, what ever is wrong with you is no little thing.
You need to get back to your shrink and see if he can up the dosage.

James Beck

Jun 11, 2007, 12:20:56 PM6/11/07
In article <ccep63l04d3f3u3ru...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Sumplaceintime.org says...
Layers do not just mean electrical layers.
You sure can throw out the insults to others, how does it feel to know
that you are the ignorant one here? Do you REALLY think that when a
company touts the ability to do 99 layers, they mean 99 electrical
layers? That's just retarded, and that makes YOU retarded. Even a
modest 4 electrical layer pcb may have 2 silkscreen layers, 4 copper
layers, 2 glue spot layers, 2 pick and place layers, assorted
documentation layers, and the list goes on and on. You would think for
someone with such a big and obnoxious mouth, you would know a little
about what you are ranting about.

Jim

James Beck

Jun 11, 2007, 12:34:36 PM6/11/07
In article <MPG.20d740784...@newsgroups.bellsouth.net>,
j...@reallykillersystems.com says...
Oh and BTW, it is up to know, Mr. Wizard, to find out why an autorouter
might need to be aware of layers that may or may not need to be routed.
I just thought would cut that little rant off at the pass.

Jim

JackShephard

Jun 11, 2007, 8:19:45 PM6/11/07
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:11:16 -0400, James Beck
<j...@reallykillersystems.com> wrote:

Fuck you. I am doing a damn sight better than El Retardo MS Dis Boy
is, and I'd bet that I'd do better on a piss test than any one the
fuckers here in Usenet.

JackShephard

Jun 11, 2007, 8:23:01 PM6/11/07

A line from "All of Me" comes to mind...

"Big dope..."

Message has been deleted

JackShephard

Jun 11, 2007, 8:21:57 PM6/11/07

Sorry, chump, but we ARE referring to electrical layers.

He said "auto-route 64 layers", and that has nothing to do with drill
drawings or glue spots, dipshit.

James Beck

Jun 12, 2007, 10:53:37 AM6/12/07
In article <nipr631qgf25685sb...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Sumplaceintime.org says...
MAYBE, but you dont have to be an asshole too.
Do ya?

James Beck

Jun 12, 2007, 10:55:07 AM6/12/07
In article <empr635taepv9l3ps...@4ax.com>,
SomewhereOnT...@Sumplaceintime.org says...
Yeah, dipshit, it is up to you to figure out WHY an autorouter might
need to keep track of more than just electrical layers. I'm not your
teacher or your momma, asswipe.

Jim

JackShephard

Jun 12, 2007, 8:34:37 PM6/12/07
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:53:37 -0400, James Beck
<j...@reallykillersystems.com> wrote:

WE ARE ALL ASSHOLES, so don't even think you get to exclude yourself
from the Bozo Bus, idiot. Just don't forget to deflate your shoes before
boarding (too late).

JackShephard

Jun 12, 2007, 8:35:17 PM6/12/07
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:55:07 -0400, James Beck
<j...@reallykillersystems.com> wrote:

But you sure are my retard this week, dumbfuck.

Marra

Jun 14, 2007, 4:25:04 PM6/14/07
On 31 May, 02:56, JackShephard
<SomewhereOnTheLOSTIsl...@Someplaceintime.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2007 09:44:07 -0400, krw <k...@att.bizzzz> wrote:
>
> >Not always possible. I bought an XP license and will delete the
> >Vista virus.
>
> Shame we can't delete the virus that you are.
>
> I sure hope you paid a lot for it. Bwuahahahahaha!
>
> Does you skull generate as much heat as a 100W light bulb when you're
> mad, KeithKiethStain? Bwuahahahahaha!

The secret is not to buy a Windows OS until it is past SP2.

JackShephard

Jun 14, 2007, 8:53:34 PM6/14/07
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:25:04 -0700, Marra <cresswe...@talktalk.net>
wrote:

Vista does not follow the "service pack" paradigm.

Try again, dope.

Jamie

Jun 14, 2007, 9:14:25 PM6/14/07
JackShephard wrote:

So that means, they'll be a lot of people sticking with what they
have then?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Marra

Jun 15, 2007, 4:38:28 PM6/15/07
On 15 Jun, 01:53, JackShephard
<SomewhereOnTheLOSTIsl...@Sumplaceintime.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:25:04 -0700, Marra <cresswellave...@talktalk.net>

They are already working on SP1 !

There is nothing in the world that gets as complex as a large program.

joseph2k

Jun 16, 2007, 10:15:47 AM6/16/07
Marra wrote:

Don't be silly. DNA is billions upon billions of bits of idiot code. We
still do not know enough to do more than splice around bits of code that we
do not fully understand. Tell us how it codes for brain tissue if you can.
--
JosephKK
--Schiller

johnny_...@hotmail.com

Jul 26, 2007, 1:48:23 AM7/26/07
There is a way to "Add/Remove Library" in PROTEL 99 SE in Windows
Vista.

You just to modify two files in "C:\Windows", every time (yes, it's
boring) that you need some library. These files: "ADVPCB99SE.INI" and
"AdvSch99SE.ini".

The first you modify in two places (with the same location to some PCB
libraries) and the second just in one place (with the location to some
SCH library)

I added 60 Sch Libraries and 100 PCB Libraries, direct in these files
and... PROTEL 99 SE with your libraries works in Windows Vista !!!
=D

Spurious Response

Jul 26, 2007, 2:13:59 AM7/26/07

Hell, you could probably create a simple database applet or even a
spreadsheet that would create the ini file for you, making the generation
operation a bit easier than your "boring" hand edit of the ASCII file.

Good job, bro.