How much will this cost?

1 view

GreenXenon

Nov 22, 2010, 7:51:18 AM11/22/10
Hi:

My secure dream netbook has following characteristics:

1. All IDs -- such as the MAC addresses [including that of the
wireless adapter] -- are totally dynamic. When the netbook is offed,
these IDs disappear without leaving a trace. When the netbook is
switched on, new IDs are generated.

2. The only ROM is mask-programmed ROM

3. The only RAM is a hypothetical form of volatile RAM chips in which
all info is completely lost in 100th-of-a-second-or-less after the
netbook is turned-off. Even theoretically there is no way to recover
this data unless one completely re-powers before 100th-of-a-second
after power-off.

4. The wireless adapter has the longest range allowed by law

5. The OS is installed on ROM chips

6. Chips of the hypothetical RAM listed in #3 substitute for the HDD

7. The radio transmission [used for the wireless internet access] is
unidirectional and can beam the radio signal toward the wi-fi access
point without transmitting in any other direction

9. The clock skew of my system varies such that clock-skew-
fingerprinting would be a totally-useless technique to those trying to
identify my computer.

10. All parts of the netbook -- excluding the radio transmitter,
receiver, and antennas -- are tempest-shielded.

11. There is no malware [e.g. rootkits] installed in any of the ROM
chips.

12. These wireless internet access is enhanced using ADF so that it is
easier to locate access points and receive clearer signals from them.

13. The 802.11 nickname is dynamic so that my level of anonymity
increases

Quote from http://billstclair.com/matrix/ar01s03.html :

"The 802.11 Nickname field is a little-known feature of the wireless
spec that sends your hostname to the AP. This is obviously bad.

Let's say I want to build this hypothetical netbook from the bottom up
-- including designing and constructing the chips and their
transistors. How much will it cost me?

Here is why I want this netbook.

I want to verbally-retaliate against irrational societal norms by
writing unacceptable text in chat rooms without getting my butt kicked
in return.

The stuff I would like to write in chat rooms is non-insulting and
will not victimize anyone. However, it is so perverse, that people
reading the stuff will feel the need to brutalize me in order to
preserve their social standing.

While I hate societal norms with a passion, I have no such hatred for
the individuals who make up society. Individuals are usually good
people, it's society itself that is evil.

In writing deviant things in chat rooms, I'll be retaliating against
societal norms. No individual in the chat room will feel hurt or
upset. However, society as a whole will express outrage and disgust
against the stuff I write. As a result, people reading my text will be
forced to conform to society's irrational rules, by dragging me into
the middle of the street and setting me on fire while a cold-hearted
lynch mob laughs at my extremely painful execution.

The people reading my chat text will, as individuals, not have any
desire to hurt me. However, they will be forced to in order to
preserve their social status and/or become popular.

In addition, nothing that I plan to write is illegal -- just extremely
socially-unacceptable.

Once again, that stuff I would like to write in chat rooms is
perfectly-legal, non-threatening, non-violent, non-insulting, and non-
incriminating -- but extremely taboo. Even the baddest of bad guys
would fry me if they saw me.

My opinions differ from that of the general public and I want to
forcefully-express my vulgar, obscene, and socially-unacceptable
opinions in chat rooms [such as Yahoo-chat, ICQ, IRC, chat-zone, and
spin-chat] without being falsely-accused of crime.

While what I would like to write in chat-rooms is not illegal, public
pressure would force authorities to do something. Public pressure
might also force the enactment of new unjust laws possibly rendering
my speeches illegal in the future.

Sometimes authorities are forced to arrest and imprison innocent law-
abiding citizens because of public outrage. At heart, the authorites
don't want to jail innocent people but they have no choice. Society,
being the evil scum it is, will overpower the police and force them to
illegaly imprison me. Crowds of sadistic human beings will overturn
police cars and start harming the police, if the police don't illegaly-
arrest me. Sort of like a lynch-mob mentality against the police and
me.

I need protection from this unlawful, public-forced treatment.

Sometimes society and the law are on opposite ends. This is one of
them.

Because I am a complete law-abiding citizen, I have nothing to hide
from the police. However, I have everything to hide from the public
and society.

In lynch-mob situations, police are powerless to do what they know is
right. The cops are helpless must be a slave to the evil society.

I respect the law, but I hate society.

I'm not worried about ADF/RDF triangulation being used to locate me.
If I'm using this netbook, those will be the only possible means to
locate me.

Regards,

Green Xenon

TTman

Nov 22, 2010, 4:28:19 PM11/22/10

> My secure dream netbook has following characteristics:

Dream being the operative word.....

> 1. All IDs -- such as the MAC addresses [including that of the
> wireless adapter] -- are totally dynamic. When the netbook is offed,
> these IDs disappear without leaving a trace. When the netbook is
> switched on, new IDs are generated.

Not allowed...

> 2. The only ROM is mask-programmed ROM

What's wrong with flash ?

> 3. The only RAM is a hypothetical form of volatile RAM chips in which
> all info is completely lost in 100th-of-a-second-or-less after the
> netbook is turned-off. Even theoretically there is no way to recover
> this data unless one completely re-powers before 100th-of-a-second
> after power-off.

All ram does that.

> 4. The wireless adapter has the longest range allowed by law

Go big anyway, buy a booster.

> 5. The OS is installed on ROM chips

Slight problem there... You'd need hundreds and hundreds of the biggest rom
chips going to support that idea..

> 6. Chips of the hypothetical RAM listed in #3 substitute for the HDD

Wrong idea. The idea of a HDD is NON VOLATILE... suggest you consider Flash
chips...

> 7. The radio transmission [used for the wireless internet access] is
> unidirectional and can beam the radio signal toward the wi-fi access
> point without transmitting in any other direction

A satellite type parabola

> 9. The clock skew of my system varies such that clock-skew-
> fingerprinting would be a totally-useless technique to those trying to
> identify my computer.
>
> 10. All parts of the netbook -- excluding the radio transmitter,
> receiver, and antennas -- are tempest-shielded.

Titanium or lead perhaps will work...

> 11. There is no malware [e.g. rootkits] installed in any of the ROM
> chips.
>
> 12. These wireless internet access is enhanced using ADF so that it is
> easier to locate access points and receive clearer signals from them.
>
> 13. The 802.11 nickname is dynamic so that my level of anonymity
> increases
>
> Quote from http://billstclair.com/matrix/ar01s03.html :
>
> "The 802.11 Nickname field is a little-known feature of the wireless
> spec that sends your hostname to the AP. This is obviously bad.
>
> Let's say I want to build this hypothetical netbook from the bottom up
> -- including designing and constructing the chips and their
> transistors. How much will it cost me?

More than you could ever afford.

> Here is why I want this netbook.

Like I said, dream on.... Just do your stuff in an internet cafe or spoof
your IP. Clearly you have no idea how to hide yourself, which is probably
just as well...

GreenXenon

Nov 22, 2010, 5:06:28 PM11/22/10
On Nov 22, 1:28 pm, "TTman" <pcw1....@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> > 1. All IDs -- such as the MAC addresses [including that of the
> > wireless adapter] -- are totally dynamic. When the netbook is offed,
> > these IDs disappear without leaving a trace. When the netbook is
> > switched on, new IDs are generated.
>

> Not allowed...

Why not?

> > 2. The only ROM is mask-programmed ROM
>

> What's wrong with flash ?

Flash isn't as secure as mask-programmed ROM. Flash can be altered,
MPROM can't.

> > 3. The only RAM is a hypothetical form of volatile RAM chips in which
> > all info is completely lost in 100th-of-a-second-or-less after the
> > netbook is turned-off. Even theoretically there is no way to recover
> > this data unless one completely re-powers before 100th-of-a-second
> > after power-off.
>

> All ram does that.

Not as rapidly as I'd like.

> > 5. The OS is installed on ROM chips
>

> Slight problem there... You'd need hundreds and hundreds of the biggest rom
> chips going to support that idea..

Why?

> > 6. Chips of the hypothetical RAM listed in #3 substitute for the HDD
>

> Wrong idea. The idea of a HDD is NON VOLATILE... suggest you consider Flash
> chips...

Flash chips are also non-volatile.

> > Let's say I want to build this hypothetical netbook from the bottom up
> > -- including designing and constructing the chips and their
> > transistors. How much will it cost me?
>

> More than you could ever afford.

Even if it build it myself from the transistor level up?

> > Here is why I want this netbook.
>

> Like I said, dream on.... Just do your stuff in an internet cafe or spoof
> your IP.

The internet cafe can easily ban me based on the MAC address, if the
MAC is no dynamic. Considering the public pressure, they cafe would
have no choice but to ban me.

As for IP-spoofing, no thanks. It's still very easy for "them" to
figure out my real IP and send an attack force all the way to my
residence.

TTman

Nov 22, 2010, 5:18:36 PM11/22/10

"GreenXenon" <gluce...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Nov 22, 1:28 pm, "TTman" <pcw1....@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> > 1. All IDs -- such as the MAC addresses [including that of the
> > wireless adapter] -- are totally dynamic. When the netbook is offed,
> > these IDs disappear without leaving a trace. When the netbook is
> > switched on, new IDs are generated.
>

> Not allowed...

Why not?

You might pick one that is already allocated...

> > 2. The only ROM is mask-programmed ROM
>

> What's wrong with flash ?

Flash isn't as secure as mask-programmed ROM. Flash can be altered,
MPROM can't.

Yes it can... albeit only 1`'s to 0s

> > 3. The only RAM is a hypothetical form of volatile RAM chips in which
> > all info is completely lost in 100th-of-a-second-or-less after the
> > netbook is turned-off. Even theoretically there is no way to recover
> > this data unless one completely re-powers before 100th-of-a-second
> > after power-off.
>

> All ram does that.

Not as rapidly as I'd like.

Fit a load dump

> > 5. The OS is installed on ROM chips
>

> Slight problem there... You'd need hundreds and hundreds of the biggest
> rom
> chips going to support that idea..

Why?

How big or tiny is your OS?

> > 6. Chips of the hypothetical RAM listed in #3 substitute for the HDD
>

> Wrong idea. The idea of a HDD is NON VOLATILE... suggest you consider
> Flash
> chips...

Flash chips are also non-volatile.

> > Let's say I want to build this hypothetical netbook from the bottom up
> > -- including designing and constructing the chips and their
> > transistors. How much will it cost me?
>

> More than you could ever afford.

Even if it build it myself from the transistor level up?

Do you have 100 lifetimes to complete this project ?

> > Here is why I want this netbook.
>

> Like I said, dream on.... Just do your stuff in an internet cafe or spoof
> your IP.

The internet cafe can easily ban me based on the MAC address, if the
MAC is no dynamic. Considering the public pressure, they cafe would
have no choice but to ban me.

As for IP-spoofing, no thanks. It's still very easy for "them" to
figure out my real IP and send an attack force all the way to my
residence.

So be it.

GreenXenon

Nov 22, 2010, 5:54:10 PM11/22/10
On Nov 22, 2:18 pm, "TTman" <pcw1....@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> You might pick one that is already allocated...

The chances of my new MAC addy matching someone else's are so slim
they might as well be zero. So why should "they" worry about it?

> Fit a load dump

Huh?

> How big or tiny is your OS?

As big/tiny as Win XP SP3

> Do you have 100 lifetimes to complete this project ?

Why would I need that much time?

> So be it.

Not fair! I want to verbally-punish society for making cruel norms. I
want to do so without facing any negative consequences.

Dave Platt

Nov 22, 2010, 7:13:19 PM11/22/10
> 1. All IDs -- such as the MAC addresses [including that of the
> wireless adapter] -- are totally dynamic. When the netbook is offed,
> these IDs disappear without leaving a trace. When the netbook is
> switched on, new IDs are generated.

Green Xenon - you went through this whole exercise about a year ago,
asking for the same anonymous-surfing-and-ranting "dream machine"
(except I think you said "laptop" rather than "netbook").

You got lots of answers (both technical and personal). Based on the
fact that you're asking for almost exactly the same thing you asked
for last time, you don't seem to have learned anything from what you
were told about the feasibility (or lack thereof) or relevance of what
you were asking for.

Are you familiar with the word which is sometimes described as "doing
exactly the same thing over and over, and expecting a different
result"?

--
Dave Platt <dpl...@radagast.org> AE6EO

GreenXenon

Nov 22, 2010, 9:19:11 PM11/22/10

There is a difference in my posts. The last time I asked I was asking
about someone else making the PC for me. Now, I asked about me making
the PC for myself.