PCB Shielding - Fence/Lid Suppliers

davec

Feb 7, 2007, 11:17:57 PM2/7/07
I am designing a high speed digital board and would like to shield my
circuit with a fence and a lid. Does anyone have a supplier
recommendation?

martin griffith

Feb 8, 2007, 4:38:44 AM2/8/07
On 7 Feb 2007 20:17:57 -0800, in sci.electronics.design "davec"
<dave_...@sounddevices.com> wrote:

http://www.perancea.com/prod-metal01.htm
i think that farnell stock them

martin

martin griffith

Feb 8, 2007, 4:40:30 AM2/8/07
On 7 Feb 2007 20:17:57 -0800, in sci.electronics.design "davec"
<dave_...@sounddevices.com> wrote:

http://www.perancea.com/prod-metal.htm shows more options

martin

Eeyore

Feb 8, 2007, 5:57:08 AM2/8/07

davec wrote:

> I am designing a high speed digital board and would like to shield my
> circuit with a fence and a lid.

It's far more cost effective to design the board right so that it doesn't need
lots of shielding.

Graham

martin griffith

Feb 8, 2007, 6:04:59 AM2/8/07

The OP seems to work for sound devices.

Some of the sound devices stuff is rather compact, and I would
actually assume that I was going to need shielding in the first place,
but then I would assume that SD would know a source of shielding
anyway, so it might be a home office job

martin

Frank Raffaeli

Feb 8, 2007, 11:11:49 AM2/8/07

http://www.lairdtech.com

They have lots of different sized fences and lids. I use the surface-
mount styles in some products.

Frank