Not a New Year's Day resolution

Bill Sloman

Dec 31, 2012, 1:37:02 AM12/31/12
I'm not going to be posting here for the foreseeable future. The electronic content has become too infrequent, and the regurgitated nonsense a little too prevalent to make it worth taking part.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Syd Rumpo

Dec 31, 2012, 11:28:14 AM12/31/12
On 31/12/2012 06:37, Bill Sloman wrote:
> I'm not going to be posting here for the foreseeable future. The electronic content has become too infrequent, and the regurgitated nonsense a little too prevalent to make it worth taking part.

Happy New Year, Bill.

--
Syd

RipeCrisbies

Dec 31, 2012, 11:39:03 AM12/31/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:37:02 -0800, Bill Sloman wrote:

> The electronic content has become too infrequent, and the regurgitated
> nonsense a little too prevalent to make it worth taking part.

The killfile is your friend :-)

--
M0WYM
www.radiowymsey.org

Sales @ radiowymsey
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sales-At-Radio-Wymsey/

John S

Dec 31, 2012, 11:58:26 AM12/31/12
On 12/31/2012 12:37 AM, Bill Sloman wrote:
> I'm not going to be posting here for the foreseeable future. The electronic content has become too infrequent, and the regurgitated nonsense a little too prevalent to make it worth taking part.

I'm sure your post will make everyone feel terrible and they will all
change their ways. Then, you will miss them all.

Jim Thompson

Dec 31, 2012, 12:05:09 PM12/31/12
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 16:28:14 +0000, Syd Rumpo <use...@nononono.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 31/12/2012 06:37, Bill Sloman wrote:
>> I'm not going to be posting here for the foreseeable future. The electronic content has become too infrequent, and the regurgitated nonsense a little too prevalent to make it worth taking part.
>>

>Happy New Year, Bill.

Hurrah! Hurrah! But I'll believe it when I (not) see it >:-}

(BTW: Has Slowman EVER posted a useful electronics comment?)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Michael A. Terrell

Dec 31, 2012, 12:21:59 PM12/31/12

RipeCrisbies wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:37:02 -0800, Bill Sloman wrote:
>
> > The electronic content has become too infrequent, and the regurgitated
> > nonsense a little too prevalent to make it worth taking part.
>
> The killfile is your friend :-)

Not when he's one posting most of the nonsense.

Michael A. Terrell

Dec 31, 2012, 12:22:22 PM12/31/12
Are you already drunk? ;-)

John Larkin

Dec 31, 2012, 12:45:39 PM12/31/12
Why did he wait until his very last post to finally say something funny?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer

John S

Dec 31, 2012, 1:03:35 PM12/31/12
So, you don't recognize facetiousness when you see it? And, of course yes.

MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Dec 31, 2012, 1:27:12 PM12/31/12
You can't be or you would not have been able to spell facetiousness
correctly.

And before you say that I am just talking shit, "fecesious" is not a
word...

...hic

bloggs.fred...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2012, 2:05:41 PM12/31/12
On Monday, December 31, 2012 1:27:12 PM UTC-5, MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet wrote:

> And before you say that I am just talking shit, "fecesious" is not a
>
> word...

It most certainly is: feces-ious, of, akin to, similar to, from or about feces.
Message has been deleted

John S

Dec 31, 2012, 5:35:31 PM12/31/12
Jeez...

You responded to AlwaysWrong? Do you feel an attraction to him, or what?

Michael A. Terrell

Dec 31, 2012, 5:51:22 PM12/31/12
i was hoping that you weren't serious. You DID see the emoticon?

Michael A. Terrell

Dec 31, 2012, 5:52:47 PM12/31/12

John Larkin wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:58:26 -0600, John S <Sop...@invalid.org> wrote:
>
> >On 12/31/2012 12:37 AM, Bill Sloman wrote:
> >> I'm not going to be posting here for the foreseeable future. The electronic content has become too infrequent, and the regurgitated nonsense a little too prevalent to make it worth taking part.
> >>

> >I'm sure your post will make everyone feel terrible and they will all
> >change their ways. Then, you will miss them all.
>
> Why did he wait until his very last post to finally say something funny?

He's only funny once every 15 years, and we almost missed it!

John Devereux

Jan 1, 2013, 4:45:29 AM1/1/13
Bill Sloman <bill....@ieee.org> writes:

> I'm not going to be posting here for the foreseeable future.

Hi Bill, and Happy new year.

> The electronic content has become too infrequent, and the regurgitated
> nonsense a little too prevalent to make it worth taking part.

There is plenty electronics here. Just kill the threads you are not
interested in.

--

John Devereux

John S

Jan 1, 2013, 7:43:19 AM1/1/13
I did see it, even though I'm already drunk. I should have smiley-faced
my reply, too.

Son of a Sea Cook

Jan 1, 2013, 8:48:53 AM1/1/13
Or what I did... hic...
See? ^^^^^^
Get it? Burp...

John S

Jan 1, 2013, 10:38:09 AM1/1/13
Oh. Yeah, that's even better.

Nico Coesel

Jan 1, 2013, 8:25:29 PM1/1/13
Maybe he is sad it rained during new years evening so all his
fireworks got wet.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Jim Thompson

Jan 1, 2013, 8:36:26 PM1/1/13
On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 01:25:29 GMT, ni...@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

>"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>John Larkin wrote:

>>> Why did he wait until his very last post to finally say something funny?
>>

>> He's only funny once every 15 years, and we almost missed it!
>
>Maybe he is sad it rained during new years evening so all his
>fireworks got wet.

Rained on his parade ?>:-}

Michael A. Terrell

Jan 1, 2013, 9:56:35 PM1/1/13

Nico Coesel wrote:

> "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> >John Larkin wrote:

> >> Why did he wait until his very last post to finally say something funny?
> >

> > He's only funny once every 15 years, and we almost missed it!
>
> Maybe he is sad it rained during new years evening so all his
> fireworks got wet.

That wouldn't make any difference. They were all duds anyway. :)

Michael A. Terrell

Jan 1, 2013, 9:57:18 PM1/1/13

Jim Thompson wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 01:25:29 GMT, ni...@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel)
> wrote:

> >> He's only funny once every 15 years, and we almost missed it!
> >
> >Maybe he is sad it rained during new years evening so all his
> >fireworks got wet.
>
> Rained on his parade ?>:-}

Do you consider a couple bag ladies cursing at him a parade?

petrus bitbyter

Jan 2, 2013, 5:44:22 AM1/2/13

"Bill Sloman" <bill....@ieee.org> schreef in bericht
Too bad. We - at least I - will miss your insight in American politics :(

Seems to be no one left to protest against Jims statements.

Are you still sure?

petrus bitbyter

brent

Jan 10, 2013, 7:07:42 PM1/10/13
I guess Sloman has the ability to foresee for 10 days. I wish his
foresight was much much longer.

If he had any shame he would have stayed off for at least 6 months to
keep a little credibility about his posts.

brent

Jan 10, 2013, 7:09:14 PM1/10/13
And to add even more credibility he came back to pontificate about Off
Topic stuff...LOL