drawing cct diagrams on cmptr

sanjevdevasthali

Jul 4, 2006, 12:15:43 AM7/4/06
hi, could anyone suggest from where do i download free software for
drawing circuit diagrams on the cmptr instead of having to draw them on
paper and scan them for sharing it with someone?
i tried 'smartdraw'. but it does not get downloaded, though the web
site claims it.
thanx.

Don Lancaster

Jul 4, 2006, 12:17:21 AM7/4/06
http://www.tinaja.com/post01.asp#gonzo

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: d...@tinaja.com

Eeyore

Jul 4, 2006, 12:22:13 AM7/4/06
sanjevdevasthali wrote:

Several CAD packages have free evaluation versions that are limited say to a
certain number of components.

Orcad for example has a limit of 50 components IIRC.
http://orcad.com/cdrequest.aspx

Graham

JeffM

Jul 4, 2006, 12:54:50 AM7/4/06

Robert Baer

Jul 4, 2006, 3:27:52 AM7/4/06
sanjevdevasthali wrote:

Here is a site that has free, presumedly unlimited software:
http://www.expresspcb.com/
The schematics drawing software is part of the package.

Robert Latest

Jul 4, 2006, 3:54:04 AM7/4/06
On 3 Jul 2006 21:15:43 -0700,
sanjevdevasthali <sanjeevd...@gmail.com> wrote
in Msg. <1151986543.6...@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>

Writing stuff like i, cct, cmptr, thanx, posting from Google Groups, and
not being able to find a free schematic editor all go very well hand in
hand.

robert

Eeyore

Jul 4, 2006, 4:24:41 AM7/4/06

Eeyore

Jul 4, 2006, 4:25:29 AM7/4/06

Robert Latest wrote:

They also go in hand with him being a young Indian.

Graham

Ken Moffett

Jul 4, 2006, 7:36:51 AM7/4/06
Robert Baer <rober...@earthlink.net> wrote in news:YLoqg.2767$ye3.40
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I like ExpressPCB's schematics. Free, easy to use, and look good. Easy to
make your own components. I use it for documentation, even when I'm not
doing a board. They can also be exported as a 300 DPI bitmap, if I want to
remove their stock frame.

Ken

Si Ballenger

Jul 4, 2006, 10:57:42 AM7/4/06
On 4 Jul 2006 07:54:04 GMT, Robert Latest <bobl...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Robert, you andJeff probably should try some exlax and maybe you
will feel a litttle less grumpy. ;)

Tim Wescott

Jul 4, 2006, 12:27:48 PM7/4/06
Eeyore wrote:

Actually I suspect they do better in Indiana than in California.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/

sanjevdevasthali

Jul 4, 2006, 1:29:26 PM7/4/06
hi,
robert and graham, either contribute +vely to the query or dont
interact. dont have to sound snobbish or all knowledgeable. everyone is
strong in some field or the other. i bet u to that.
bye

Eeyore

Jul 4, 2006, 1:58:09 PM7/4/06

sanjevdevasthali wrote:

> hi,
> robert and graham, either contribute +vely to the query or dont
> interact. dont have to sound snobbish or all knowledgeable. everyone is
> strong in some field or the other. i bet u to that.

Pardon ! ?

I already gave you a good link for Orcad.

What's your problem ?

Graham

YD

Jul 5, 2006, 6:05:08 PM7/5/06
On 3 Jul 2006 21:15:43 -0700, "sanjevdevasthali"
<sanjeevd...@gmail.com> wrote:

TinyCAD
LTSpice
KiCad
Eagle

Just use the schematic capture part.

Google "cad freeware".

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.

sanjevdevasthali

Jul 6, 2006, 1:26:03 PM7/6/06
hi, i may have mistaken ur identity. thanx. bye.
sanjeev

zwsd...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2006, 1:45:55 PM7/6/06

Robert Baer wrote:

> Here is a site that has free, presumedly unlimited software:
> http://www.expresspcb.com/
> The schematics drawing software is part of the package.

No, no, no - PLEASE don't encourage people to use nasty closed programs
of this type. The sole purpose of that software is to tie people to
that particular PCB vendor.

JeffM

Jul 6, 2006, 3:43:03 PM7/6/06
>>http://www.expresspcb.com/
>> Robert Baer

>No, no, no - PLEASE don't encourage people to use
>nasty closed programs of this type.
>The sole purpose of that software
>is to tie people to that particular PCB vendor.
> zwsdotcom @ gmail.com

I agree with Lewin.
If folks are going to recommend this Lock-in-ware,
at least have the decency to point him to a page
that shows the hoops you have to jump thru to get hard copies.

Jim Thompson

Jul 6, 2006, 5:21:20 PM7/6/06
On 6 Jul 2006 12:43:03 -0700, "JeffM" <jef...@email.com> wrote:

>>>http://www.expresspcb.com/
>>> Robert Baer
>>
>>No, no, no - PLEASE don't encourage people to use
>>nasty closed programs of this type.
>>The sole purpose of that software
>>is to tie people to that particular PCB vendor.
>> zwsdotcom @ gmail.com

I find ExpressPCB rather economical for one-offs.

>I agree with Lewin.
>If folks are going to recommend this Lock-in-ware,
>at least have the decency to point him to a page
>that shows the hoops you have to jump thru to get hard copies.

Not really that hard...

If you have PaintShopPro:

(1) Print desired layer to a file using a *color* Postscript printer
driver (I installed a Tektronix 780 Graphic printer in Win2K).
(2) Bring into PaintShopPro (at 300/inch)
(3) "Posterize" the image
(4) Using "Magic Wand" tool select one piece of trace
(5) Selections > Modify > Select similar. This will select all
instances of that color on the image.
(6) You can then copy and past that selected content.
(6a) You may need to "Resize" the image to make it actual size.
(7) Save as desired file-type.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

John Jardine.

Jul 6, 2006, 6:53:39 PM7/6/06

"sanjevdevasthali" <sanjeevd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

http://tinycad.sourceforge.net/

Straightforward, small, clean. Lots of predrawn components and minimal PCB
baggage.
john