New program to design PCB 3D available !!!

calim...@freemail.it

Apr 4, 2007, 8:42:47 AM4/4/07
Hi
I am "Giovanni Di Maria"

i have built a program that make 3D PCB.

Please visit my site at url www.aquilotto3d.com

I like you give me your opinion.
Thank you.

The program is daily update with new libraries.

Bye.

Jan Panteltje

Apr 4, 2007, 9:17:29 AM4/4/07
On a sunny day (4 Apr 2007 05:42:47 -0700) it happened calim...@freemail.it
wrote in <1175690567.7...@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>:

I am trying to run in in Linux wine (windows emulator), but I get a wine error:
grml: ~/eagle/test # wine Aq3d.exe
Warning: unprotecting memory to allow real-mode calls.
NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:ddraw:VGA_ioport_out Unsupported VGA register: 0x03d9 (value 0x00)

Are you going to release source?
I like the idea of a 3D display.
Povray is available both for Linux and MS Windows.
If you release source I am willing to try to make a Linux version.
The Aq3d.exe itself is not using any special graphics features I suppose?

Robert Latest

Apr 4, 2007, 9:30:22 AM4/4/07
calim...@freemail.it wrote:

You haven't done your homework. Check out Eagle3D:

http://www.matwei.de/doku.php?id=en:eagle3d:eagle3d

The demo on Matthias' homepage looks a billion times better than yours (I
can only judge by the demo images), and as far as I can see his Eagle3D
system only uses ULP and Povray files and no additional program, which makes
it operating system independent.

Your time may be better invested in adding libraries to Eagle3D.

robert

Robert Latest

Apr 4, 2007, 9:31:29 AM4/4/07
Jan Panteltje wrote:

> I like the idea of a 3D display.

Do you know Eagle3D?

http://www.matwei.de/doku.php?id=en:eagle3d:eagle3d

robert

Jan Panteltje

Apr 4, 2007, 9:52:47 AM4/4/07
On a sunny day (4 Apr 2007 13:31:29 GMT) it happened Robert Latest
<bobl...@yahoo.com> wrote in
<slrnf17a5h.3...@kir.physnet.uni-hamburg.de>:

>Jan Panteltje wrote:
>
>> I like the idea of a 3D display.
>
>Do you know Eagle3D?

No I did not.

I will download it and try it out.
Thank you.

Jan Panteltje

Apr 4, 2007, 10:25:43 AM4/4/07
On a sunny day (Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:52:47 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje
<pNaonSt...@yahoo.com> wrote in <ev0ajk$5a1$1...@news.datemas.de>:

OK, got it working, at least on the headers example in Eagle 4.0.9re
:-)

JeffM

Apr 4, 2007, 1:50:10 PM4/4/07
Robert Latest wrote:
>Do you know Eagle3D?
>http://www.matwei.de/doku.php?id=en:eagle3d:eagle3d

To all who would use Cadsoft EAGLE: BEWARE.

Cadsoft's most-recently-implemented (DRM) strategy
has them viewing all of their users as thieves
--those using the fully paid version as well as cracked versions.

**The Downside of EAGLE** by Markus Zingg
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.embedded/browse_frm/thread/f794e82d26b59e18/d7cf4149edb93ac7?q=*-*-website+reuse+paying.*+*-I-will-switch+cracked-*+*.would.not.help.*+zzz+after-*-*-version-*+copied+*.*.unlock.*.designs+*-*-*-*-exchange-*-*-*-*-third-party+reused+qq+*-*-single-bit-*-*-*-*+useless+*-*-*-projects-could-no-longer-be-opened

ehsjr

Apr 4, 2007, 7:11:31 PM4/4/07

What is the magic incantation to get it to run?

Ed

Haude Daniel

Apr 5, 2007, 3:07:21 AM4/5/07

JeffM wrote:
> Robert Latest wrote:
>>Do you know Eagle3D?
>>http://www.matwei.de/doku.php?id=en:eagle3d:eagle3d
>
> To all who would use Cadsoft EAGLE: BEWARE.
>
> Cadsoft's most-recently-implemented (DRM) strategy
> has them viewing all of their users as thieves
> --those using the fully paid version as well as cracked versions.

It seems that the Eagle program has a hardcoded-in list of all serial
numbers that are known (to CadSoft) as having been cracked at some time.
This serial number is stored within schematics and boards as well, and
whenever Eagle opens a file it checks if it hasn't been created with a
cracked version, and if so, refuses to open it.

What I didn't know was that this scheme applies to cut-and-pasted files as
well (which of course it has to in order to work efficiently), and
apparently (as can be inferred from the newsgroup post
1jisj25b43ucaddcu...@4ax.com) each file contains a list of all
serial numbers of programs that ever had to do with it or portions of it.

Now I've never been bitten by any of this because I've never used stuff from
cracked versions, but what puzzles me is CadSofts refusal to manually unlock
the files for a paying customer. They've always struck me as very helpful
and supportive.

The lesson from this is: When you get Eagle stuff from other people (even if
they have a license), run it through the scripting ULP and rebuild the
schematic in your own copy of Eagle.

--Daniel

Robert Latest

Apr 5, 2007, 5:11:45 AM4/5/07
ehsjr wrote:

> What is the magic incantation to get it to run?

No idea. Never used it. How 'bout checking the docs?

robert

JeffM

Apr 5, 2007, 8:49:51 AM4/5/07

Haude Daniel wrote:
>[...]What I didn't know was that

>this scheme applies to cut-and-pasted files as well
>. . .

>The lesson from this is:
>When you get Eagle stuff from other people
>(even if they have a license), run it through the scripting ULP
>and rebuild the schematic in your own copy of Eagle.

Am I behind the curve?
Has the version-specific stuff been resolved/patched?
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.embedded/browse_frm/thread/f794e82d26b59e18/fafe13a46fb845db?q=*-remove-*-problems-if-*-files-become-damaged+*.*.*.*.*.*.*.script.to.regenerate.*.project+export-board.ulp+changes+difference+zzz+export-schematic.ulp+qq+*-create-*-text-file+uu+release.notes

Links?

calim...@freemail.it

Apr 5, 2007, 12:46:20 PM4/5/07

Jan Panteltje ha scritto:

====================================
=====================================

Uhm, this program is written in in Clipper and don't uses graphics
interface but DOS only.
It works well with Microsoft OS, but linux (and wine) no. I don't know
why.
At this moment i don't release source files. Bye.

ehsjr

Apr 6, 2007, 12:06:05 AM4/6/07

I did that before I posted. And checked the pre reqs
and downloaded the other software it requires. And
threw in the towel. :-( Then posted, hoping ...

Ed

jasen

Apr 5, 2007, 11:35:37 PM4/5/07

> Uhm, this program is written in in Clipper and don't uses graphics
> interface but DOS only.

clipper is a xBase compiler (compiles dBase code into executables)
It should run in linux DOSEMU.

Also I think there's an xBase compiler for linux.

looking at the example raytrace I notice three things

one that I like "MALASIA" on the 7805 - nice touch.

and two that I don't

there's no surface texture on the PCB, real FR4 has a ripple finish caused
by the weave not a perfect mirror finish.

there's no holes (or the holes are exact fit for the pins)
and also apparently no step on the pins. the pot legs have no rivets, ant
tne punced step at the top doen's go through the can , the bends in the
TO220 pins aren't realistic either,

also I don't see any resistors, or othert axial components.

--

Bye.
Jasen

Jan Panteltje

Apr 6, 2007, 5:57:49 AM4/6/07
On a sunny day (Fri, 06 Apr 2007 04:06:05 GMT) it happened ehsjr
<eh...@bellatlantic.net> wrote in <NGjRh.5627$5x6.2612@trndny02>:

1) you need eagle installed, 3.55, 40.0 or later 4.6
2) put the demo in examples I think it was.
3) run the correct ulp from eagle, this creates a ..pov file.
4) install povray.
5) copy the .pov file to the same place the inc files are.
6) run povray

I was testing in
/root/compile/eagle3d/eagle3d/examples/
run the 3d40.ulp or 3d41.ulp from eagle on an example.
cd ../povray
cp ../ulp/TRANSISTORS_DIODES_CRYSTALS.pov ./
perhaps you need more fonts, like courdb.ttf:
locate courbd.ttf
cp /root/.fonts/courbd.ttf ./
~/compile/eagle3d/eagle3d/povray # povray +W1280 +H1024 JAZ_NEW_PARTS.pov
make a jpg:
povray +W1280 +H1024 JAZ_NEW_PARTS.pov +OJAZ_NEW_PARTS.pov.jpg

2 minutes.

ehsjr

Apr 6, 2007, 10:49:12 PM4/6/07

Thanks Jan. Still no joy, but further along.
My Eagle (4.15) isn't finding the dat files.
I think I may need to start from scratch - unistall
both Eagle & Egle 3D & re-install. :-(

Ed

calim...@freemail.it

Apr 7, 2007, 4:14:20 PM4/7/07
Hi Jasen, I am "Giovanni Di Maria"
thank you very much for your suggests.
I will put your name in file THANK.TXT (please give your first name
and last name to my email address).

I like your isea and as soon as I will modify the program, as follow:

1) I will add a ripple on board, to simulate the non-perfecly
specularity;

2) I will add the holes (one for each pin) !!!

3) Perhaps i'll improve the TO220' quality.

( The resistors are READY!!!). Wait for them. :-)

Thank YOU.

On 6 Apr, 05:35, jasen <j...@free.net.nz> wrote:

> On 2007-04-05, calimer...@freemail.it <calimer...@freemail.it> wrote:
>

> > Uhm, this program is written in in Clipper and don't uses graphics
> > interface but DOS only.
>
> clipper is a xBase compiler (compiles dBase code into executables)
> It should run in linux DOSEMU.
>
> Also I think there's an xBase compiler for linux.
>
> looking at the example raytrace I notice three things
>
> one that I like "MALASIA" on the 7805 - nice touch.
>
> and two that I don't
>

> there's no surface texture on thePCB, real FR4 has a ripple finish caused

calim...@freemail.it

Apr 7, 2007, 4:18:22 PM4/7/07
Hi Jasen

thank you very much for your suggests.
I will put your name in file THANK.TXT (please give your first name
and last name to my email address).

I like your isea and as soon as I will modify the program, as follow:

1) I will add a ripple on board, to simulate the non-perfecly
specularity;

2) I will add the holes (one for each pin) !!!

3) Perhaps i'll improve the TO220' quality.

( The resistors are READY!!!). Wait for them. :-)

Thank YOU.

On 6 Apr, 05:35, jasen <j...@free.net.nz> wrote:

> On 2007-04-05, calimer...@freemail.it <calimer...@freemail.it> wrote:
>

> > Uhm, this program is written in in Clipper and don't uses graphics
> > interface but DOS only.
>
> clipper is a xBase compiler (compiles dBase code into executables)
> It should run in linux DOSEMU.
>
> Also I think there's an xBase compiler for linux.
>
> looking at the example raytrace I notice three things
>
> one that I like "MALASIA" on the 7805 - nice touch.
>
> and two that I don't
>

> there's no surface texture on thePCB, real FR4 has a ripple finish caused

calim...@freemail.it

Apr 8, 2007, 2:20:22 AM4/8/07
Hi Jasen, I am "Giovanni Di Maria"

Jan Panteltje

Apr 8, 2007, 6:55:19 AM4/8/07
On a sunny day (Sat, 07 Apr 2007 02:49:12 GMT) it happened ehsjr
<eh...@bellatlantic.net> wrote in <IEDRh.116$Z66.89@trnddc06>:

>> 1) you need eagle installed, 3.55, 40.0 or later 4.6
>> 2) put the demo in examples I think it was.
>> 3) run the correct ulp from eagle, this creates a ..pov file.
>> 4) install povray.
>> 5) copy the .pov file to the same place the inc files are.
>> 6) run povray
>>
>> I was testing in
>> /root/compile/eagle3d/eagle3d/examples/
>> run the 3d40.ulp or 3d41.ulp from eagle on an example.
>> cd ../povray
>> cp ../ulp/TRANSISTORS_DIODES_CRYSTALS.pov ./
>> perhaps you need more fonts, like courdb.ttf:
>> locate courbd.ttf
>> cp /root/.fonts/courbd.ttf ./
>> ~/compile/eagle3d/eagle3d/povray # povray +W1280 +H1024 JAZ_NEW_PARTS.pov
>> make a jpg:
>> povray +W1280 +H1024 JAZ_NEW_PARTS.pov +OJAZ_NEW_PARTS.pov.jpg
>>
>> 2 minutes.
>
>Thanks Jan. Still no joy, but further along.
>My Eagle (4.15) isn't finding the dat files.
>I think I may need to start from scratch - unistall
>both Eagle & Egle 3D & re-install. :-(
>
>Ed

Hi, could you load the demo board in your version of Eagle?
If so 3d41.ulp should run?
Re-install reminds me of MS software...

Len

Apr 9, 2007, 10:19:56 AM4/9/07
It does not run under Windows XP 64 bit either, maybe a 64 bit compilked
version ?

"Jan Panteltje" <pNaonSt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

calim...@freemail.it

Apr 13, 2007, 2:53:05 PM4/13/07
No, the software is written with a 16 bit compiler.
Can you tell me the error shown? Bye.