Super Cold Spray - for wart removal?

snov...@hotmail.com

Jan 14, 2006, 12:39:56 AM1/14/06
Has anyone had success using electronics type Super Cold Spray for
plantar wart removal? Do not try it based upon this posting since it
could be dangerous. I only want to hear from folks who have already
tried. I'm thinking of using a thick plastic slab with a countersunk
hole in it through which to apply the cold spray, the idea being to
pool the cold spray in the hold and let it bubble away for some time.
I did a quick prelim test and the plastic does appear to insulate the
cold from the surrounding skin. Another approach might be to soak a
q-tip in the cold spray while it's touching the wart. I imagine that a
number of repeated treatments over several days, each increasing in
intensity, might be appropriate. Do not try it based upon this posting
since it could be dangerous. I only want to hear from folks who have
already tried. Thanks

no_one

Jan 14, 2006, 11:11:00 AM1/14/06
I actually just briefly (3-4 seconds) sprayed the area a couple of times
using the little tube attached to the spray button and after about 2 weeks
the wart had basically worn off. You need to be careful not to get
frostbite and damaging the sorrounding tissues.

<snov...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

John Larkin

Jan 14, 2006, 12:03:28 PM1/14/06

My doctor did mine with liquid nitrogen. I showed her the thing and
she stepped out and came back a minute later with a styrafoam cup with
some LN2 in it. She dabbed it with a q-tip 5 or 6 times, froze it
solid plus maybe 0.1" extra all around. Single treatment, worked
great.

If you use freeze spray, I'd be careful to limit the freeze region
from getting too big. The LN2 is much colder and can be more specific.

A decent stainless coffee thermos will hold LN2, and you can get it in
various places.

John

Rich Grise

Jan 14, 2006, 12:26:10 PM1/14/06

I haven't done it with freeze spray, but I've physically dug one out.
I got a pack of corn pads, and stacked two of them, with the hole over
the plantar wart. After a few days or a week or so, the wart was just
sticking right up there, so I went at it. I sliced the protruding top
part off with a razor blade (yes, it hurt like a bastard), and pulled
the core out of my foot with various tweezers and pliers. It gave up,
but its little buddy showed up just a few years ago (it had been close
to 40 years since I got rid of the last one). Some guy told me to cover
it with adhesive tape - that white stuff from the pharmacy - and that it
would go away. Duct tape might work there. What happened with mine (the
new one - the old one that I ripped out by the roots never came back) was
that when I checked under the tape, the main wart had diminished, but
there were about 20 incipient little baby warts all around it. So I took
the tape off and decided to try to heal it by Will Power, which seems to
be working so far. :-)

According to Louise L. Hay, plantar warts are a symptom of anger at
the foundation of your understanding - what the 'Hay', it worked
for me!

Good Luck!
Rich

Tim Williams

Jan 14, 2006, 12:47:12 PM1/14/06
"Rich Grise" <eatmy...@doubleclick.net> wrote in message

> Some guy told me to cover
> it with adhesive tape - that white stuff from the pharmacy - and that it
> would go away. Duct tape might work there.

Dr. Gott himself recommends it. Vicks Vaporub for fungus toes, too. And a
bar of soap under the sheets for leg cramps. (!!!, but apparently it
works!)

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.

John Larkin

Jan 14, 2006, 1:10:38 PM1/14/06

They're a symptom of a virus, likely caused by walking around outside
barefoot.

John

Keith

Jan 14, 2006, 1:21:33 PM1/14/06
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:03:28 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 05:39:56 GMT, snov...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>Has anyone had success using electronics type Super Cold Spray for
>>plantar wart removal? Do not try it based upon this posting since it
>>could be dangerous. I only want to hear from folks who have already
>>tried. I'm thinking of using a thick plastic slab with a countersunk
>>hole in it through which to apply the cold spray, the idea being to
>>pool the cold spray in the hold and let it bubble away for some time.
>>I did a quick prelim test and the plastic does appear to insulate the
>>cold from the surrounding skin. Another approach might be to soak a
>>q-tip in the cold spray while it's touching the wart. I imagine that a
>>number of repeated treatments over several days, each increasing in
>>intensity, might be appropriate. Do not try it based upon this posting
>>since it could be dangerous. I only want to hear from folks who have
>>already tried. Thanks
>
> My doctor did mine with liquid nitrogen. I showed her the thing and
> she stepped out and came back a minute later with a styrafoam cup with
> some LN2 in it. She dabbed it with a q-tip 5 or 6 times, froze it
> solid plus maybe 0.1" extra all around. Single treatment, worked
> great.

I'm told duct tape will do 'em in too. Apparently they don't like the
moist-hot environment. Dunno, the last time I had a wart on my hand
"Compound-W" took care of it, though I had to use it much longer than the
bottle indicated.

--
Keith

--
Keith

Ancient_Hacker

Jan 14, 2006, 1:50:01 PM1/14/06
There's a $9.95 drugstore item that is just this. Probably worth the
cost as they have calibrated it somewhat. I used it on my son's foot
wart and it did go away.

zwsd...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2006, 2:01:37 PM1/14/06

snov...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone had success using electronics type Super Cold Spray for
> plantar wart removal? Do not try it based upon this posting since it

I did almost exactly this to remove a mole on my abdomen. I shaved the
surrounding area, stuck down gauze with bandage adhesive tape, froze
the area of interest then cut it off with sharp, flamed scissors.
Freaked my wife out. I needed to wear a "spot" type Band-Aid for a few
weeks. A few years later, the spot is still mole-colored, of course,
since the mole wasn't totally excised, but the protruding portion is
gone and hasn't grown back.

Spehro Pefhany

Jan 14, 2006, 3:36:15 PM1/14/06

If a mole has changed much, I'd just go to my doctor and get it
removed (and a biopsy done to make sure it wasn't malignant). That's
what I did last time I had one.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
sp...@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com

Jim Thompson

Jan 14, 2006, 3:41:17 PM1/14/06
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:36:15 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
<spef...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

>On 14 Jan 2006 11:01:37 -0800, the renowned zwsd...@gmail.com wrote:
>

>>snov...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Has anyone had success using electronics type Super Cold Spray for
>>> plantar wart removal? Do not try it based upon this posting since it
>>
>>I did almost exactly this to remove a mole on my abdomen. I shaved the
>>surrounding area, stuck down gauze with bandage adhesive tape, froze
>>the area of interest then cut it off with sharp, flamed scissors.
>>Freaked my wife out. I needed to wear a "spot" type Band-Aid for a few
>>weeks. A few years later, the spot is still mole-colored, of course,
>>since the mole wasn't totally excised, but the protruding portion is
>>gone and hasn't grown back.
>
>If a mole has changed much, I'd just go to my doctor and get it
>removed (and a biopsy done to make sure it wasn't malignant). That's
>what I did last time I had one.
>

>Best regards,
>Spehro Pefhany

Same here. This is melanoma land-of-the sun. Take a close look at
Senator McCain's face sometime... he's had multiple melanoma removed.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Anyone can be rude, but it takes a Democrat to be a real dirtbag.

zwsd...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2006, 4:24:31 PM1/14/06

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

> >I did almost exactly this to remove a mole on my abdomen. I shaved the
>

> If a mole has changed much, I'd just go to my doctor and get it

It didn't change, it had been the same since as far back as I could
remember. I merely got tired of it.

> removed (and a biopsy done to make sure it wasn't malignant). That's
> what I did last time I had one.

I'd much rather die of something than visit a doctor. I'm allergic to
all members of the medical professions, having grown up with two
dentists for parents. The last time I went to a doctor was at gunpoint
(INS medical) and the next time will be something similar.

John Larkin

Jan 14, 2006, 11:54:32 PM1/14/06

There's a Mississippi folk remedy for warts: get a needle and jab it
hard a bunch of times. It apparently wakes up a body's immune system
to the presence of the anomoly, and then it cleans it up.

John

meow...@care2.com

Jan 15, 2006, 10:19:31 AM1/15/06

Acetic acid has a higher success rate and is safer. Apply a ring of
grease around it, 2 drops of glacial acetic, letting them soak in, and
thats it done.

NT

Phil Hobbs

Jan 16, 2006, 11:26:03 AM1/16/06
John Larkin wrote:

> My doctor did mine with liquid nitrogen. I showed her the thing and
> she stepped out and came back a minute later with a styrafoam cup with
> some LN2 in it. She dabbed it with a q-tip 5 or 6 times, froze it
> solid plus maybe 0.1" extra all around. Single treatment, worked
> great.

I had two done this way, when I was a kid. One was on the back of my
hand, and it just dried up and fell off. The other was on a knuckle,
and it turned into a big callus that I've now had for 30 years. I'd
have been much better off just waiting for it to go away, which they
eventually do.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

tlbs

Jan 16, 2006, 12:15:46 PM1/16/06
snovot... wrote:
>Has anyone had success using electronics type Super Cold Spray for
>plantar wart removal? Do not try it based upon this posting since it
>could be dangerous. I only want to hear from folks who have already
>tried....

My doctor has "frozen" a couple of wart-like things around my neck
using the medical equivalent of electronic cold spray -- that is,
liquid nitrogen in a dewar with a spray tip. He sprayed the liquid
nitrogen onto the wart at point-blank range for several seconds,
actually. The wart itself became frozen solid, and the surrounding
(healthy) tissue got rash-red. It took about week before the wart
flaked off and the surrounding tissue healed fully. IIRC it wasn't
painful, just irritating.

Recently the same type of thing has become available over-the-counter.
The product is a can of cold-spray with a Q-tip thing at the end of the
spray nozzle. I would trust that this product is effective if used
according to the directions.

I have also had a wart on my finger removed by a doctor using an eximer
LASER. The procedure is quick and effective, but it hurts like a SOB!

Good luck,
Tom

John Larkin

Jan 16, 2006, 12:37:20 PM1/16/06

Mine had been around a while, and was making my morning hike very
unpleasant, and if I don't get my exercize my brain quits. And I think
she (my wonderful dyke MD) enjoys playing with her "witches brew."

John

Jim Thompson

Jan 16, 2006, 12:44:49 PM1/16/06

I like women doctors. I had a cyst on the back of my head that had
gone big-time infected.

Our family doctor was afraid to touch it.

Went to a dermatologist last Wednesday.

She took one look and told the nurse assisting her to put on her
goggles.

Then she whipped out a scalpel and ZIP... blood and yellow gunk
everywhere ;-)

Then a bunch of painful squeezing and scraping... no anesthesia :-(

But it's fixed.

Of course I'm on Augmentin for 2 weeks.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | |
| E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Winfield Hill

Jan 16, 2006, 1:19:52 PM1/16/06
Jim Thompson wrote...

> .. I had a cyst on the back of my head that had
> gone big-time infected.

That was just your brain responding to all that
far-right-wing propaganda you feed it. :-0

--
Thanks,
- Win

Jim Thompson

Jan 16, 2006, 1:43:12 PM1/16/06
On 16 Jan 2006 10:19:52 -0800, Winfield Hill
<Winfiel...@newsguy.com> wrote:

No, it was listening to Teddy last week that made me ill ;-)

Spehro Pefhany

Jan 16, 2006, 2:56:26 PM1/16/06

My theory is that women's brains are wired to better handle dealing
with gross gooey stuff.

Rich Grise

Jan 16, 2006, 3:03:07 PM1/16/06

Or some of that brown liquid they use on genital warts....

Good Luck!
Rich

Rich Grise

Jan 16, 2006, 3:16:26 PM1/16/06

You've apparently never had pancreatitis. Yes, I would have rathered have
been dead than to be in such debilitating pain, but doctors can prescribe
morphine. >:->

And they can install a pancreatic bypass - I don't get pancreatitis any
more. :-)

We're responsible for our own well-being, but that's not a rule against
using whatever tools are available. :-)

But, I tell you what - next time I go to the dentist, I'm gonna demand
that they use whatever drug it was that the endoscopy shop used on me -
knocked me out completely, and it was like "<click> Are we done?"
And, of course, they were. :-)

Good Luck!
Rich

John Larkin

Jan 16, 2006, 4:03:00 PM1/16/06
On 16 Jan 2006 10:19:52 -0800, Winfield Hill
<Winfiel...@newsguy.com> wrote:

Gosh, I hope they didn't suck out *too* much of the important stuff.

John

John Larkin

Jan 16, 2006, 4:04:12 PM1/16/06
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:56:26 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
<spef...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

>My theory is that women's brains are wired to better handle dealing
>with gross gooey stuff.

Then why do I have to unclog the toilets and take out the garbage?

John

Pat Ford

Jan 16, 2006, 4:25:27 PM1/16/06

"John Larkin" <jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in message
because they can

Rich Grise, but drunk

Jan 16, 2006, 5:02:40 PM1/16/06
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:04:12 -0800, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:56:26 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
>>
>>My theory is that women's brains are wired to better handle dealing
>>with gross gooey stuff.
>
> Then why do I have to unclog the toilets and take out the garbage?
>
> John

Yeah! That should be based on who clogged the toilet and who made the
garbage! Equality, I say! ;-D

But still, flip the seat down, just so she thinks you're paying
atteniton. ;-P

Cheers!
Rich

Jim Thompson

Jan 16, 2006, 5:08:28 PM1/16/06

I don't think that's true anyway.

Any time one of our kids was sick, or had the diaper blow-out, my wife
would start gagging.

Rather than have to clean up after her as well I just did the task
myself.

I've never been squeamish about such things.

budgie

Jan 16, 2006, 8:19:26 PM1/16/06
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:08:28 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:04:12 -0800, John Larkin
><jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:56:26 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
>><spef...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:
>>

>>>My theory is that women's brains are wired to better handle dealing
>>>with gross gooey stuff.
>>>

>>Then why do I have to unclog the toilets and take out the garbage?
>>
>>John
>
>I don't think that's true anyway.
>
>Any time one of our kids was sick, or had the diaper blow-out, my wife
>would start gagging.
>
>Rather than have to clean up after her as well I just did the task
>myself.

That's exactly my situation/experience.

>I've never been squeamish about such things.

With kids you can't afford to be ....

Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Jan 16, 2006, 8:22:27 PM1/16/06
zwsd...@gmail.com wrote:

That can be quite dangerous.
If the mole is cancerous doing that kind of cutting could spread it through the
body.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org

Jim Thompson

Jan 16, 2006, 8:28:54 PM1/16/06

My funniest experience was with #2 daughter, 1 year old at the time,
now 41...

I heard strange giggling from her bedroom... walked in to find her
emptying her diaper by grabbing a handful, then slinging it onto the
wall :-(

Winfield Hill

Jan 16, 2006, 8:41:54 PM1/16/06
Jim Thompson wrote...

> My funniest experience was with #2 daughter, 1 year old at the
> time, now 41...
>
> I heard strange giggling from her bedroom... walked in to find
> her emptying her diaper by grabbing a handful, then slinging it
> onto the wall :-(

Surely these are not the stories you should broadcasting on the
Internet, with all its search engines and long-term memory.

--
Thanks,
- Win

Keith

Jan 16, 2006, 9:02:48 PM1/16/06

Bullshit! The lid should be down. Both have an interest.

--
Keith

Keith

Jan 16, 2006, 9:10:45 PM1/16/06
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:08:28 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:04:12 -0800, John Larkin
> <jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:56:26 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
>><spef...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:
>>

>>>My theory is that women's brains are wired to better handle dealing
>>>with gross gooey stuff.
>>>

>>Then why do I have to unclog the toilets and take out the garbage?
>>
>>John
>
> I don't think that's true anyway.

It is, sorta.

> Any time one of our kids was sick, or had the diaper blow-out, my wife
> would start gagging.

I had no problems with the diapers. When the kid started projectile
vomiting of pink stuff at 3:00AM it got pretty bad. Turns out he was
allergic to something in Spagetti-Os. The last time it happened they
slipped it into his dinner at a scouts camp-out when he was a HS senior.
He wasn't a happy camper (nor were they)! "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!" He
would have rather starved.

> Rather than have to clean up after her as well I just did the task
> myself.

I did my share. I really didn't mind all that much. Diapers were easy.
Vomit...

> I've never been squeamish about such things.

I can't stand other's blood. I can look at my own all day (wow, look at
the muscle down there - just like Brittanica). When the neighbor dog
ripped my son's leg open I was calm as a clam until we were in the
emergency room and the doctor started with the "novacane". He suggested
that my wife should take me outta the room. I was whiter than the brat.

--
Keith

Jim Thompson

Jan 16, 2006, 9:55:40 PM1/16/06
On 16 Jan 2006 17:41:54 -0800, Winfield Hill
<Winfiel...@newsguy.com> wrote:

I think she said something about leftist weenies were invading her
room ;-)

budgie

Jan 17, 2006, 1:32:21 AM1/17/06
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:28:54 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

That was funny? Your'e a sick puppy, Jim ;-)

Jim Thompson

Jan 17, 2006, 9:40:34 AM1/17/06
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:32:21 +0800, budgie <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:28:54 -0700, Jim Thompson
><To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

[snip]

>>My funniest experience was with #2 daughter, 1 year old at the time,
>>now 41...
>>
>>I heard strange giggling from her bedroom... walked in to find her
>>emptying her diaper by grabbing a handful, then slinging it onto the
>>wall :-(
>
>That was funny? Your'e a sick puppy, Jim ;-)

It WAS funny! Then I had to clean it up :-(

That touches on survival... how all four of our kids survived to
become adults... when my wife was mad at them for some prank I was
laughing, and vice versa ;-)

zwsd...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2006, 9:47:40 AM1/17/06

Rich Grise wrote:

> > I'd much rather die of something than visit a doctor. I'm allergic to
>
> You've apparently never had pancreatitis. Yes, I would have rathered have
> been dead than to be in such debilitating pain, but doctors can prescribe
> morphine. >:->

For myself, I'm more a fan of backwoods medicine - plentiful moonshine,
and a bullet (or a really big bottle of particularly bad moonshine) for
incurable cases.

Spehro Pefhany

Jan 17, 2006, 11:17:16 AM1/17/06

If you're going to off yourself for what seem like good reasons at the
time, at least research it enough not to leave yourself alive but with
horrible liver damage, brain damage, blindness etc.

John Larkin

Jan 17, 2006, 11:16:52 AM1/17/06

If you ever have a serious strep throat, or a life-threatening uninary
infection, you might reconsider. It's incredible what a penicillin
shot in the butt, or a jug of Cipro, can do in a few hours. And a
compound fracture isn't the sort of thing you want to treat at home.

John

Rich Grise

Jan 17, 2006, 1:19:56 PM1/17/06

Unfortunately, it was the "moonshine" that caused it, or so they tell me.
But since they installed that pigtail, I haven't had a problem. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Rich Grise

Jan 17, 2006, 1:25:39 PM1/17/06
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:17:16 -0500, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

>>> You've apparently never had pancreatitis. Yes, I would have rathered have
>>> been dead than to be in such debilitating pain, but doctors can prescribe
>>> morphine. >:->
>>
>>For myself, I'm more a fan of backwoods medicine - plentiful moonshine,
>>and a bullet (or a really big bottle of particularly bad moonshine) for
>>incurable cases.
>
> If you're going to off yourself for what seem like good reasons at the
> time, at least research it enough not to leave yourself alive but with
> horrible liver damage, brain damage, blindness etc.

Oh, if you want to end it all, (and really want to end it, not just
transmit some lame neurotic cry for help ;-) ), just go to a welding
supplies store and get a tank of argon, and feed it at about 5 l/min into
a plastic bag tied loosely around your neck. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Spehro Pefhany

Jan 17, 2006, 1:39:33 PM1/17/06

Shhh... it's one of those Darwin things.

Rich Grise

Jan 17, 2006, 1:36:53 PM1/17/06
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:28:54 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:19:26 +0800, budgie <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:08:28 -0700, Jim Thompson
>>>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:04:12 -0800, John Larkin

>>>I don't think that's true anyway.
>>>
>>>Any time one of our kids was sick, or had the diaper blow-out, my wife
>>>would start gagging.
>>>
>>>Rather than have to clean up after her as well I just did the task
>>>myself.
>>
>>That's exactly my situation/experience.
>>
>>>I've never been squeamish about such things.
>>
>>With kids you can't afford to be ....
>
> My funniest experience was with #2 daughter, 1 year old at the time,
> now 41...
>
> I heard strange giggling from her bedroom... walked in to find her
> emptying her diaper by grabbing a handful, then slinging it onto the
> wall :-(

LOL! I guess now we know Hoo Flung Poo! ;-P

Cheers!
Rich

Michael A. Terrell

Jan 18, 2006, 12:32:46 AM1/18/06
budgie wrote:

> That was funny? Your'e a sick puppy, Jim ;-)

That's when Jim learned to sling shit all the time and add ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

dagmarg...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2006, 5:21:40 AM1/18/06

Phil Hobbs wrote:
> John Larkin wrote:
>
> > My doctor did mine with liquid nitrogen. I showed her the thing and
> > she stepped out and came back a minute later with a styrafoam cup with
> > some LN2 in it. She dabbed it with a q-tip 5 or 6 times, froze it
> > solid plus maybe 0.1" extra all around. Single treatment, worked
> > great.
>

> I had two done this way, when I was a kid. One was on the back of my

> hand, and it just dried up and fell off. The other was on a knuckle,
> and it turned into a big callus that I've now had for 30 years. I'd
> have been much better off just waiting for it to go away, which they
> eventually do.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil Hobbs

Like Phil Hobbs, I've got a scar on the back of my pinky finger some
35 years later. Can't recall if that freeze session worked either. I
had those burned, frozen, Compound-W'd (which spread them when I didn't
keep it up), applied chalk (works, dries & kills the skin
layer-by-layer, takes months, cracks, bleeds, hurts like hell)...

Regarding the original question, it seems Dr. Scholl's sells
freeze-spray for warts as "Freeze Away Common & Plantar Wart Remover,
by Dr. Scholl's":

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:mK5d4BMVwUgJ:www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp%3FCATID%3D100256%26navAction%3Djump%26navCount%3D1%26id%3Dprod865506+%22common+wart%22+burn&hl=en&client=firefox-a

For the more adventurous, an electronic approach:
http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/Misc/wart_zap/wart_zapper.htm

Warts themselves are caused by several of the 80-some known varieties
of human papillomavirus. AIUI, the virus evades your immune system by
confining itself to the upper layers of skin, where your immune
surveillance isn't as vigilant. The trick appears to be a combination
of removing the infected material, and inflaming it (thus exposing it
to your immune system for attack).

Cool thing about John's needle-poking method is that it leaves a lot
of healthy tissue-matrix. A family member tried it, tells me it sure
hurt in the doing, but I saw it heal much faster than wholesale killing
/ ablation methods that wind up digging out a flesh-crater.

Reading, it seems that the salicylic acid treatment (e.g. Compound-W)
is as effective or more than freezing, but takes as long as 3-4 months.
OTOH, the medical literature describes freezing as a regimen to be
repeated at 3-week intervals, not a one-shot cure.

Way back when--as a kid--I had a few frozen, unsuccessfully. I hated
them so much I tried biting them off my knee, until my Dad (a doctor)
asked "You bit them? Do you want to get 'em on your tongue?"

Hell no !

That stopped me biting them, but those particular devils soon
resolved on their own.

More info: http://dermnetnz.org/viral/viral-warts.html

Best,
James Arthur

John Larkin

Jan 18, 2006, 12:37:58 PM1/18/06
On 18 Jan 2006 02:21:40 -0800, dagmarg...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Cool thing about John's needle-poking method is that it leaves a lot
>of healthy tissue-matrix. A family member tried it, tells me it sure
>hurt in the doing, but I saw it heal much faster than wholesale killing
>/ ablation methods that wind up digging out a flesh-crater.

Our young friend Dan told me about that one.

John

David Collier

Jan 19, 2006, 6:15:00 AM1/19/06
In article <593hs1pn8ekf8ba9h...@4ax.com>,
snov...@hotmail.com () wrote:

> Has anyone had success using electronics type Super Cold Spray for
> plantar wart removal?

yup, it worked fine on mine :-)

I used kaptan ( spelling? ) tape, to make a mask, and sprayed it. The
mask was just enough to keep the rest of my hand from burning, though it
wasn't pleasant. Has to be non-wettable. whatever you use.

Repeat daily for a while, and no further problem.

David Collier

email can be sent to Dexdyne.com , under name from_usenet@

David Collier

Jan 19, 2006, 6:15:00 AM1/19/06
In article <43CBC91...@SpamMeSenseless.pergamos.net>,
pc...@SpamMeSenseless.pergamos.net (Phil Hobbs) wrote:

> I'd
> have been much better off just waiting for it to go away, which they
> eventually do.

tell that to my 83-year-old dad, he's had his as long as I can remember

dagmarg...@yahoo.com

Jan 19, 2006, 2:29:19 PM1/19/06

David Collier wrote:
> In article <43CBC91...@SpamMeSenseless.pergamos.net>,
> pc...@SpamMeSenseless.pergamos.net (Phil Hobbs) wrote:
>
> > I'd have been much better off just waiting for it to go away, which they
> > eventually do.
>
> tell that to my 83-year-old dad, he's had his as long as I can remember

My reading says Phil's right, they _usually_ go away within two
years. Still, I've know a gal of like vintage to your dad who's had
hers forever too, and would like to be rid of them.

That makes two people in my life with the same problem, plus my
remembered childhood delight in killing mine(*), hence my interest. I
may even try the Wart Zapper project I linked to earlier in the
thread--I've got one volunteer lined up.

Cheers,
James Arthur

(* I catch and release spiders, and tolerate just about anything that
doesn't compete with me for food, but there are two things I will go
out of my way to kill: fire ants**, and, it seems these days, warts.)

(**They've taken over the South. Large mounds spring up every few
meters in open fields, and there's no getting rid of them. One day, on
a friend's farm, just standing on the lawn, minding my own business, a
swarm engulfed my foot & leg, leaving me with perhaps a hundred
flaming, festering pustules. They acted not in self-defense mind
you--this I would understand and abide--but I was nowhere near their
mound. They were hunting, and this was casus belli.

After much experimentation, having arrived at a suitable
environmentally-friendly formula, I thereupon cleared a several-acre
field of a hundred or so mounds, which, by fruit of my wrath, remained
clear for many years thereafter.)

Kryten

Jan 19, 2006, 6:11:28 PM1/19/06
<dagmarg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> For the more adventurous, an electronic approach:
> http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/Misc/wart_zap/wart_zapper.htm

My bullshit sensor jumped into the red warning zone when I read the word
'resonance' in the explanation of how it worked.

> AIUI, the virus evades your immune system by
> confining itself to the upper layers of skin, where your immune
> surveillance isn't as vigilant. The trick appears to be a combination
> of removing the infected material, and inflaming it (thus exposing it
> to your immune system for attack).

Well, in that case the wart zapper might simply be causing a local
irritation, stimulating the immune system to investigate the source. The
mumbo jumbo about finding the best frequencies and voltages might just be
about finding the values that the human body is most sensitive to.

I wonder if it works on moles?

A friend of mine was relaxing in the garden when he noticed a large ugly
mole on his knee. He told me the best way to get rid of such moles is to
give them a good sharp whack with a rolled up newspaper. They invariably
scamper off down the lawn.

said

John Larkin

Jan 19, 2006, 6:33:38 PM1/19/06

I think you're supposed to hit them with a Bible.

John

Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Jan 19, 2006, 6:35:12 PM1/19/06
John Larkin wrote:

No, you're thinking of Moslems.

Jim Thompson

Jan 19, 2006, 6:35:47 PM1/19/06
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:11:28 GMT, "Kryten"
<kryten_droid...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

If you really had moles in your garden you wouldn't find it amusing.

I had a situation like in a Bill Murray movie...

Flooded their burrows, the back yard collapsed

Applied gasoline and match... they were back the next day.

Finally knocked the population down by standing by the burrow with a
snow shovel... whack !-)

Finished them off with bubble gum ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | |
| E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Kryten

Jan 19, 2006, 7:48:47 PM1/19/06
"John Larkin" <jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in message

Some of those are quite big, and could damage your knee.

If you are vindictive, you could just stun it then bury it alive.

dagmarg...@yahoo.com

Jan 19, 2006, 7:59:50 PM1/19/06

Kryten wrote:
> <dagmarg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > For the more adventurous, an electronic approach:
> > http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/Misc/wart_zap/wart_zapper.htm
>
> My bullshit sensor jumped into the red warning zone when I read the word
> 'resonance' in the explanation of how it worked.
>
> > AIUI, the virus evades your immune system by
> > confining itself to the upper layers of skin, where your immune
> > surveillance isn't as vigilant. The trick appears to be a combination
> > of removing the infected material, and inflaming it (thus exposing it
> > to your immune system for attack).
>
> Well, in that case the wart zapper might simply be causing a local
> irritation, stimulating the immune system to investigate the source. The
> mumbo jumbo about finding the best frequencies and voltages might just be
> about finding the values that the human body is most sensitive to.

I certainly don't accept their explanation of the mechanism. I
simply figured any effect that 'zapper' might have would be the result
of concentrating a small amount of energy onto a VERY small spot,
destroying the underlying tissue. Since the users reports that the
damn thing hurts, I found this explanation plausible. Basically, a
low-energy, controlled form of burning.

> I wonder if it works on moles?
>
> A friend of mine was relaxing in the garden when he noticed a large ugly
> mole on his knee. He told me the best way to get rid of such moles is to
> give them a good sharp whack with a rolled up newspaper. They invariably
> scamper off down the lawn.

Good one!

Grins,
James Arthur

Rich Grise

Jan 19, 2006, 10:11:32 PM1/19/06
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:59:50 -0800, dagmargoodboat wrote:
> Kryten wrote:
>> <dagmarg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > For the more adventurous, an electronic approach:
>> > http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/Misc/wart_zap/wart_zapper.htm
>>
>> My bullshit sensor jumped into the red warning zone when I read the word
>> 'resonance' in the explanation of how it worked.
>>
>> > AIUI, the virus evades your immune system by
>> > confining itself to the upper layers of skin, where your immune
>> > surveillance isn't as vigilant. The trick appears to be a combination
>> > of removing the infected material, and inflaming it (thus exposing it
>> > to your immune system for attack).
>>
>> Well, in that case the wart zapper might simply be causing a local
>> irritation, stimulating the immune system to investigate the source. The
>> mumbo jumbo about finding the best frequencies and voltages might just be
>> about finding the values that the human body is most sensitive to.
>
> I certainly don't accept their explanation of the mechanism. I
> simply figured any effect that 'zapper' might have would be the result
> of concentrating a small amount of energy onto a VERY small spot,
> destroying the underlying tissue. Since the users reports that the
> damn thing hurts, I found this explanation plausible. Basically, a
> low-energy, controlled form of burning.

Yup. I once used a soldering iron on one, and it hasn't come back. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

zwsd...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2006, 10:15:37 PM1/19/06

Rich Grise wrote:

> Oh, if you want to end it all, (and really want to end it, not just
> transmit some lame neurotic cry for help ;-) ), just go to a welding
> supplies store and get a tank of argon, and feed it at about 5 l/min into
> a plastic bag tied loosely around your neck. ;-)

Why must you find such expensive solutions to simple engineering
problems? The bag by itself will do the trick.

Richard Henry

Jan 19, 2006, 10:29:32 PM1/19/06

<zwsd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

A bag tied loosely about the neck might look like an accident. Going to all
the trouble to hook up a tank of argon (wouldn't helium work just as well?)
removes all doubt.

James T. White

Jan 19, 2006, 10:41:34 PM1/19/06

Nitrogen would work just as well and is cheaper.

--
James T. White

dagmarg...@yahoo.com

Jan 20, 2006, 3:04:52 AM1/20/06

CO2's even cheaper. With a dry ice, a plastic bag, and a coat-hanger
you can ... um ... party, kill yourself, *and* freeze your warts off
too.

Grins,
James Arthur

John Larkin

Jan 20, 2006, 9:36:02 AM1/20/06

But CO2 makes you feel stifled, like holding your breath. Inert gasses
produce no sensation but unconsciousness. Why not compromise on
nitrous oxide and go out on a high?

John

zwsd...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2006, 9:38:50 AM1/20/06

John Larkin wrote:

> But CO2 makes you feel stifled, like holding your breath. Inert gasses
> produce no sensation but unconsciousness. Why not compromise on
> nitrous oxide and go out on a high?

And it's available for just a couple of dollars at your local
supermarket!

Rich Grise

Jan 20, 2006, 10:34:09 AM1/20/06

Then you'd have a build-up of CO2, which triggers the "I'm suffocating"
reflex, which would be exceedingly horrific. The argon lets the CO2
purge out of your system - the breating reflex is triggered by CO2 in
the blood - and you just lose consciousness from oxygen deprivation.

At least, in theory. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Ancient_Hacker

Jan 20, 2006, 10:39:17 AM1/20/06
Years ago I set my dead car battery to charge in a small windowless
room. The next morning I walked into the room and all of a sudden felt
"funny"-- It was very easy to breathe, but all that inhaling wasnt
doing me any good. A little light went off in my head! The room's now
full of Hydrogen! I got out of there in a hurry and propped open the
door as I left. That was a close one! Don't do this at home.

dagmarg...@yahoo.com

Jan 20, 2006, 3:29:37 PM1/20/06

John Larkin wrote:
> On 20 Jan 2006 00:04:52 -0800, dagmarg...@yahoo.com wrote:
>

> >James T. White wrote:
> >> <zwsd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<snip quote>

> >> Nitrogen would work just as well and is cheaper.
> >>
> >> --
> >> James T. White
> >
> > CO2's even cheaper. With a dry ice, a plastic bag, and a coat-hanger
> >you can ... um ... party, kill yourself, *and* freeze your warts off
> >too.
> >

> But CO2 makes you feel stifled, like holding your breath. Inert gasses
> produce no sensation but unconsciousness. Why not compromise on
> nitrous oxide and go out on a high?
>
> John

To the contrary ... the reason people tie (and are found dead with)
bags on their heads is to get that enormously amplified climax that
comes from simultaneously reaching the brink of asphyxia.

Of course sensible people simply hold or reduce their breathing, or
partially reach that state naturally by simply being out of breath from
exertion, avoiding tedious funeral arrangements.

Cheers,
James Arthur

John Larkin

Jan 20, 2006, 4:16:40 PM1/20/06

But you're only alive for 1e-9, or less, of the untimate age of this
universe, so why not play it for whatever the brief trip is worth?

John

dagmarg...@yahoo.com

Jan 20, 2006, 4:45:42 PM1/20/06

Yes to maximizing the ride, but I'm not sure whether you mean "You
might as well die and have a blast doing it," or "Life's short, why cut
it shorter?"

Personally, I'm keeping my options open by living to live long, and
(p)reserving the option to quit when the fun's gone.

The choice here however, is unnecessary -- maybe my PG-rated
description above wasn't explicit enough to explain that the thrill is
available without the foolish danger.

Cheers,
James

Boris Mohar

Jan 20, 2006, 8:12:36 PM1/20/06
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:44:49 -0700, Jim Thompson

>I like women doctors. I had a cyst on the back of my head that had
>gone big-time infected.
>
>Our family doctor was afraid to touch it.
>
>Went to a dermatologist last Wednesday.
>
>She took one look and told the nurse assisting her to put on her
>goggles.
>
>Then she whipped out a scalpel and ZIP... blood and yellow gunk
>everywhere ;-)
>
>Then a bunch of painful squeezing and scraping... no anesthesia :-(
>
>But it's fixed.
>
>Of course I'm on Augmentin for 2 weeks.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Something like this?
http://www.funlol.com/funpages/worlds-biggest-zit.html

Those with weak stomach consider yourselves warned.

--

Boris Mohar

Jim Thompson

Jan 20, 2006, 8:43:32 PM1/20/06

The link asks me to download a plug-in. I'm always reluctant. What
does it take to view it?

Boris Mohar

Jan 20, 2006, 9:20:41 PM1/20/06

It runs fine on Firefox. Sorry, I can't be any more specific. The site
harmless if you don't go for "Free stuff"

--

Boris Mohar

Jim Thompson

Jan 20, 2006, 10:04:05 PM1/20/06
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:20:41 -0500, Boris Mohar
<borism_...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

I'm using Firefox. I'm not much into graphics, particularly given the
present problems. Guess I'll pass.