What's this newsgroup for?

Michael

Nov 28, 2006, 3:56:29 PM11/28/06

Could someone please explain to me the purpose of this newsgroup? According
to: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Groups.html

It says "Discussions relevant to the design of electronics circuits."

Is that the design of existing circuits as well as one's that people are in
the process of designing?

Michael

The Real Andy

Nov 28, 2006, 4:04:12 PM11/28/06

This news group is primarily for politics and religion followed very
closely by food and cooking. Occasionally someone throws in some
electronics related stuff, but that should always prepended (that
word's very geeky) with an "OT:" in the subject line.

bill....@ieee.org

Nov 28, 2006, 4:06:53 PM11/28/06

Absolutely. The ego-maniacs who constitute the core of this group never
miss a chance to demonstrate how clever they are. By the natureof
things, we are cleverer about exisitng circuits - where we've had a
chance to make all the regular mistakes - than we are about new
circuits (not that we see all that many circuits which we are prepared
to recognise as new).

We also discuss a large number of other subjects amongst ourselves -
the general rule is that if the thread isn't about electronics, it
isn't worth following.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen (but in Sydney at the moment)

PeteS

Nov 28, 2006, 4:21:50 PM11/28/06

As designers are relevant to the design of electronic circuits (well,
depending on the designers and who you ask around here) one might say
anything they think of might be relevant.

If you were capable of following that, you might be ok around here

Cheers

PeteS

John Larkin

Nov 28, 2006, 4:54:48 PM11/28/06
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:56:29 GMT, "Michael"
<mqiqcqhqaqe...@qbqlquqeqyqoqnqdqeqrq.qcqoq.quqkq> wrote:

It's unmoderated: nobody makes rules.

What are you designing lately?

John

Jim Thompson

Nov 28, 2006, 4:59:31 PM11/28/06

Sno-o-o-o-ort ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Don Lancaster

Nov 28, 2006, 5:32:09 PM11/28/06

The sole purpose of a usenet newsgroup is to gang bang the cripples.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: d...@tinaja.com

Michael Black

Nov 28, 2006, 5:57:03 PM11/28/06
You want to read Mark Zenier's Guide to sci.electronics.* at
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/seguide9706.txt

which I now see is the same text that you were pointing to.

Too often people are confusing this with sci.electronics.basics That's
where you should be asking beginner type questions, not just because
they don't belong here, but because you are more likely to get an answer
on par with the level of the question.

The guide is descriptive, it says "The design group is for persons
combining components into circuits" which would tend to rule out
existing equipment.

This is not supposed to be a tutorial newsgroup, so a curiosity
about an existing design likely doesn't fit. It might apply to
the equipment newsgroup, though I've never looked in there, because
asking about the design might be relevant to what you purchase.

But if it's some circuit you don't understand, be it in an
existing piece of equipment or a schematic you saw somewhere, it
likely belongs in sci.electronics.basics Because you are seeking
understanding in itself, and that's what that newsgroup is for.

Michael

martin griffith

Nov 28, 2006, 6:00:39 PM11/28/06

Nah, it's a competiton of egos between the country that designed the
Spruce Goose Vs the continent who are building several A380s'

martin

PeteS

Nov 28, 2006, 6:06:50 PM11/28/06

I fail to see the difference ;)

Cheers

PeteS

martin griffith

Nov 28, 2006, 6:12:38 PM11/28/06
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:32:09 -0700, in sci.electronics.design Don
Lancaster <d...@tinaja.com> wrote:

>Michael wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could someone please explain to me the purpose of this newsgroup? According
>> to: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Groups.html
>>
>> It says "Discussions relevant to the design of electronics circuits."
>>
>> Is that the design of existing circuits as well as one's that people are in
>> the process of designing?
>>
>> Michael
>>

>The sole purpose of a usenet newsgroup is to gang bang the cripples.

Give the republicans a break........

martin

Ancient_Hacker

Nov 28, 2006, 6:16:16 PM11/28/06

martin griffith wrote:

> Nah, it's a competiton of egos between the country that designed the
> Spruce Goose Vs the continent who are building several A380s'

... and the Goose during 5 years only managed to consume about 1/50th
the money Airbus lost just last quarter. :)

mrda...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2006, 6:23:00 PM11/28/06

Oh, are the A380s finally rolling out, then? No more delays? ;-)

By the way, the country that designed the Spruce Goose also designed
the SR-71 Blackbird and the Boeing 747. ;-)

Michael

mrda...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2006, 6:24:43 PM11/28/06

Well, the Goose designers didn't have RoHS to contend with back then...
;-)

martin griffith

Nov 28, 2006, 6:48:43 PM11/28/06
On 28 Nov 2006 15:23:00 -0800, in sci.electronics.design
mrda...@gmail.com wrote:

Loved the 747s' 1G roll on its' press demo, the A380 press day was
boring, and you can't land another plane for several minutes cos of
the turbulance, great.....
http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1091105/L/

martin

Don Lancaster

Nov 28, 2006, 6:56:13 PM11/28/06
It apparently turned out tht the Goose was strictly a ground effect
machine and could not get furthre off the ground.

mrda...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2006, 7:02:04 PM11/28/06

Neato:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A380

Can't wait till it makes it to all airlines.

Since it's more massive than the 747, would its mass tend to dampen out
the unpleasant effects of air turbulence? I fly on Boeing 737s
regularly from Sacramento to Southern California for work, and man, the
Santa Ana winds just blow that thing all over the place. Rocking like
a boat. Can't remember turbulence being as bad on a 747. Even
takeoffs are smoother on a 747 (more gradual slope).

Michael

mrda...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2006, 7:04:53 PM11/28/06

Don Lancaster wrote:
> mrda...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Ancient_Hacker wrote:

> >>... and the Goose during 5 years only managed to consume about 1/50th
> >>the money Airbus lost just last quarter. :)
> >

> > Well, the Goose designers didn't have RoHS to contend with back then...
> > ;-)
> >
> It apparently turned out tht the Goose was strictly a ground effect
> machine and could not get furthre off the ground.

Maybe a few more engines would'a done it...

lang...@ieee.org

Nov 28, 2006, 7:08:38 PM11/28/06

wasn't that a 707 ?

-Lasse

John Popelish

Nov 28, 2006, 7:21:17 PM11/28/06

In my opinion, it is a place for discussion between
electronics designers. If you are a person trying to
understand how the basic components work, you are not yet a
designer and should be using the .basics group. But
otherwise, any discussion about any aspect of electronics
design seems appropriate to me.

Joerg

Nov 28, 2006, 7:18:17 PM11/28/06
The Real Andy wrote:

This presupposes (also a very geeky word) that each participant has
really strong political convictions and is always at the ready to duke
it out ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Joerg

Nov 28, 2006, 8:12:18 PM11/28/06

If they can get the A380 wiring confusion sorted out, that is.

Joerg

Nov 28, 2006, 8:42:39 PM11/28/06
mrda...@gmail.com wrote:

One of my clients is in L.A. so I fly between SMF and LAX. Usually
Southwest Airlines flights 1739 and 2433. Ain't that bad with the winds,
just a wee rocking of the cradle. Try the North Sea in October or so in
an old Bell Sea-King helicopter ;-)

Before boarding the Bell we had to don survival suits. In case we auger
in, they said. "Does it ever really happen?" ... "Oh, ask Joe over
there. Hey, Bill, where was it that you guys turfed it?"

Eeyore

Nov 28, 2006, 8:51:36 PM11/28/06

Ancient_Hacker wrote:

How many Spruce Geese were sold though ?

Graham

Eeyore

Nov 28, 2006, 8:52:49 PM11/28/06

mrda...@gmail.com wrote:

Can I put in a word for the Avro Vulcan ?

Graham

Eeyore

Nov 28, 2006, 8:53:55 PM11/28/06

martin griffith wrote:

I thought that roll was the 707.

Graham

Martine Riddle

Nov 28, 2006, 8:59:31 PM11/28/06
"martin griffith" <mart_in...@yahoo.esXXX> wrote in message
Just 'several'?

Boeing's building Dozens of the new Dream liner. Just got a 5.7Billion deal
today.

Cheers

Eeyore

Nov 28, 2006, 9:01:54 PM11/28/06

mrda...@gmail.com wrote:

It's a flying building almost. The pilots' office is quite something too.

> Since it's more massive than the 747, would its mass tend to dampen out
> the unpleasant effects of air turbulence?

Yes, it should do that.

> I fly on Boeing 737s
> regularly from Sacramento to Southern California for work, and man, the
> Santa Ana winds just blow that thing all over the place. Rocking like
> a boat. Can't remember turbulence being as bad on a 747. Even
> takeoffs are smoother on a 747 (more gradual slope).

They're slower to take off too.

On an A380 once, the takeoff run was only 12 seconds from hitting the throttles to
leaving the tarmac. Lufthansa reputedly employ ex-Luftwafe pilots which may help
explain that !

Graham

Eeyore

Nov 28, 2006, 9:18:29 PM11/28/06

Martine Riddle wrote:

The order book for the 380 is 166 last time I checked.

Graham

Rich Grise

Nov 28, 2006, 10:16:47 PM11/28/06
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:08:38 -0800, langwadt wrote:
> martin griffith wrote:
>> mrda...@gmail.com wrote:

>> >Oh, are the A380s finally rolling out, then? No more delays? ;-)
>> >
>> >By the way, the country that designed the Spruce Goose also designed
>> >the SR-71 Blackbird and the Boeing 747. ;-)
>> >
>> Loved the 747s' 1G roll on its' press demo, the A380 press day was
>> boring, and you can't land another plane for several minutes cos of
>> the turbulance, great.....
>> http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1091105/L/
>
> wasn't that a 707 ?

That's the one I remember seeing:
http://www.aviationexplorer.com/707_roll_video.htm

But, I'm not claiming a 747 has never done it - one of the 9/11 planes
made it to about an 85 degree bank, but I think that was more of an
emergency turn. =:-O

I saw a video of a B-52 trying to do aerobatics, and it went in.
... Found a clip:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/B-52 Crash.mpg

Cheers!
Rich

Ancient_Hacker

Nov 28, 2006, 10:27:59 PM11/28/06

Eeyore wrote:

> The order book for the 380 is 166 last time I checked.
>
> Graham

Only fly vin the ointment-- they need around 470 sold just to break
even accounting to the accountants.... A very tough business that
is....

Ancient_Hacker

Nov 28, 2006, 10:36:19 PM11/28/06

lang...@ieee.org wrote:

> wasn't that a 707 ?
>
> -Lasse

"Tex" Johnson rolled a 707 during a scheduled fly-over of a watershow.
There's a picture somewhere out the window where the engines look
mighty unusual on the side of the wing away from the ground.

He also did it with a B-47 on it's handover flight to the USAF.

You can only do that if you're the chief test pilot and you know how to
do it while maintaining 1G all the way around. Which is quite a trick
if it's never been done before and there's no simulator.

I don't think it's been intentionally done with a 747. Test pilots
have gotten a tad more reticent over the years. That and the thought
of $150 mil being deducted from one's paycheck gives one pause.

AZ Nomad

Nov 28, 2006, 10:55:57 PM11/28/06
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:56:29 GMT, Michael <mqiqcqhqaqe...@qbqlquqeqyqoqnqdqeqrq.qcqoq.quqkq> wrote:

>Hi,

>Could someone please explain to me the purpose of this newsgroup? According
>to: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Groups.html

>It says "Discussions relevant to the design of electronics circuits."

which word don't you understand?

James T. White

Nov 28, 2006, 11:35:33 PM11/28/06
"Joerg" <notthis...@removethispacbell.net> wrote in message

> One of my clients is in L.A. so I fly between SMF and LAX. Usually
> Southwest Airlines flights 1739 and 2433. Ain't that bad with the
> winds, just a wee rocking of the cradle. Try the North Sea in October
> or so in an old Bell Sea-King helicopter ;-)
>
> Before boarding the Bell we had to don survival suits. In case we
> auger in, they said. "Does it ever really happen?" ... "Oh, ask Joe
> over there. Hey, Bill, where was it that you guys turfed it?"

Survival suit just makes it easier to find the bodies........

--
James T. White

Michael Black

Nov 28, 2006, 11:35:39 PM11/28/06
Of course, it may not be the words that he's puzzling over. He could
be trying to reconcile the guide to the sci.electronics.* hierarchy
with this actual newsgroup.

If you go by what's posted, it would be hard to figure out its purpose.
If someone didn't know there was a hierarchy, they might think it's
the only electronics related newsgroup, kind of like what we had in
reality back in 1995 before Mark Zenier went through the effort to
try to get things reorganized.

ANd of course, the fact that the purpose of the newsgroup is not
clear from the postings means that people post away based on
what they see, which just adds reinforcement to the muddled newsgroup.

People ask basic questions here, they ask consumer type questions here,
they ask about components, they post about the weather, and on and on.

I recall one time someone admitted the post likely didn't belong here,
but they thought they'd post anyway because it was a lot more active
newsgroup than sci.electronics.basics The joke was that there'd not
be the same level of traffic here if people actually posted where
things belonged.

Michael

Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Nov 29, 2006, 12:26:59 AM11/29/06

Well, I'm provolone and antipasto.

--
Paul Hovnanian mailto:Pa...@Hovnanian.com
Parity on, dudes!

martin griffith

Nov 29, 2006, 1:53:55 AM11/29/06
On 28 Nov 2006 16:08:38 -0800, in sci.electronics.design
lang...@ieee.org wrote:

>> Loved the 747s' 1G roll on its' press demo, the A380 press day was
>> boring, and you can't land another plane for several minutes cos of
>> the turbulance, great.....
>> http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1091105/L/
>>

>> martin
>
>wasn't that a 707 ?
>
>-Lasse

opps, yes,

martin

The Real Andy

Nov 29, 2006, 3:44:35 AM11/29/06

I can say much, I hate politics and religion, but i do love food and
drinking. I contribute fuck all, but i like reading. I dont do
electronics anymore, just software (sometimes embedded). Did i mention
i like beer?

John Fields

Nov 29, 2006, 4:30:38 AM11/29/06

---
Indeed. and for the Merlin.

--
JF

bill....@ieee.org

Nov 29, 2006, 6:01:31 AM11/29/06

martin griffith wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:32:09 -0700, in sci.electronics.design Don
> Lancaster <d...@tinaja.com> wrote:

> >Michael wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Could someone please explain to me the purpose of this newsgroup? According
> >> to: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Groups.html
> >>
> >> It says "Discussions relevant to the design of electronics circuits."
> >>
> >> Is that the design of existing circuits as well as one's that people are in
> >> the process of designing?
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>

> >The sole purpose of a usenet newsgroup is to gang bang the cripples.
>
> Give the republicans a break........

Why? What have they done for the rest of us but start a few pointless
wars, which they don't seem capable of finishing.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen (but in Sydney at the moment).

martin griffith

Nov 29, 2006, 8:37:15 AM11/29/06
On 29 Nov 2006 03:01:31 -0800, in sci.electronics.design
bill....@ieee.org wrote:

Well, they did manage to win the Grenada war, didn't they?

martin

mrda...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2006, 10:33:13 AM11/29/06

Last month, had to fly to Ontario Airport (yes it's in Southern
California), and the plane was somewhere east of the San Gabriel
mountains, about to make the turn west, when the "fun" began. Hoo boy.
Never been on a bumpier flight in my life.

Michael

Jim Thompson

Nov 29, 2006, 10:57:10 AM11/29/06
On 29 Nov 2006 07:33:13 -0800, mrda...@gmail.com wrote:

[snip]

>Last month, had to fly to Ontario Airport (yes it's in Southern
>California), and the plane was somewhere east of the San Gabriel
>mountains, about to make the turn west, when the "fun" began. Hoo boy.
> Never been on a bumpier flight in my life.
>
>Michael

That area is tame. Try flying out of Colorado Springs in August
during a severe thunderstorm, in the Rockies, with half-dollar-sized
hail :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | |
| E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |

SioL

Nov 29, 2006, 9:12:46 AM11/29/06
<mrda...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164756180.8...@l39g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

> By the way, the country that designed the Spruce Goose also designed
> the SR-71 Blackbird and the Boeing 747. ;-)
>
> Michael

Which was designed by a guy of slovenian origin
http://slonews.sta.si/index.php?id=107&s=5

Joseph Sutter, the name comes from Suhadolc :)

SioL

mrda...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2006, 11:18:40 AM11/29/06

Jim Thompson wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2006 07:33:13 -0800, mrda...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >

> >Last month, had to fly to Ontario Airport (yes it's in Southern
> >California), and the plane was somewhere east of the San Gabriel
> >mountains, about to make the turn west, when the "fun" began. Hoo boy.
> > Never been on a bumpier flight in my life.
> >
> >Michael
>
> That area is tame. Try flying out of Colorado Springs in August
> during a severe thunderstorm, in the Rockies, with half-dollar-sized
> hail :-(
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Thanks for the warning!

Is Denver Airport a wild ride during the winter months? Was thinking
of visiting Denver for the ski season...

Michael

Joerg

Nov 29, 2006, 11:28:17 AM11/29/06
Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

> Joerg wrote:
>
>>The Real Andy wrote:

>>>This news group is primarily for politics and religion followed very
>>>closely by food and cooking. Occasionally someone throws in some
>>>electronics related stuff, but that should always prepended (that
>>>word's very geeky) with an "OT:" in the subject line.
>>
>>This presupposes (also a very geeky word) that each participant has
>>really strong political convictions and is always at the ready to duke
>>it out ;-)
>

> Well, I'm provolone and antipasto.

And I don't like Asti Spumanti :-)

Jim Thompson

Nov 29, 2006, 11:31:04 AM11/29/06

I've not had issues at Denver, but that flight out of COS (*) is the
only flight I've been on where I feared I was going to die :-(

And I've been flying for 49 years.

(*) Only a problem in summer thunderstorm season. Winter has been
fine, except we had to turn back to Phoenix once due to excessive ice
on the runway ;-)

Jim Thompson

Nov 29, 2006, 12:04:51 PM11/29/06
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:28:17 GMT, Joerg
<notthis...@removethispacbell.net> wrote:

>Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

[snip]

>> Well, I'm provolone and antipasto.
>>

>And I don't like Asti Spumanti :-)

Try Prosecco.

Rich Grise

Nov 29, 2006, 12:15:01 PM11/29/06
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:26:59 -0800, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
> Joerg wrote:

>> This presupposes (also a very geeky word) that each participant has
>> really strong political convictions and is always at the ready to duke
>> it out ;-)
>
> Well, I'm provolone and antipasto.

And Moo Goo Goo Goo is Chinese baby food. <rimshot>

Cheers!
Rich

krw

Nov 29, 2006, 2:02:53 PM11/29/06
In article <1164771379.8...@14g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,
gr...@comcast.net says...

> lang...@ieee.org wrote:
>

> > wasn't that a 707 ?
> >
> > -Lasse
>
> "Tex" Johnson rolled a 707 during a scheduled fly-over of a watershow.
> There's a picture somewhere out the window where the engines look
> mighty unusual on the side of the wing away from the ground.

It was the Dash-80 (707 prototype) that "Tex" rolled. He was
admonished for doing it. He told the President of Boeing (Allen)
that the plane didn't know it was upside down. The return was
something like; "You know that and I know that, but out
stockholders don't - don't do it again".

> He also did it with a B-47 on it's handover flight to the USAF.
>
> You can only do that if you're the chief test pilot and you know how to
> do it while maintaining 1G all the way around. Which is quite a trick
> if it's never been done before and there's no simulator.
>
> I don't think it's been intentionally done with a 747. Test pilots
> have gotten a tad more reticent over the years. That and the thought
> of $150 mil being deducted from one's paycheck gives one pause.

After the first million, who cares? ...and if they fire you, they
can't make your life miserable. ;-)

--
Keith

Joerg

Nov 29, 2006, 3:26:03 PM11/29/06
Jim Thompson wrote:

> On 29 Nov 2006 08:18:40 -0800, mrda...@gmail.com wrote:
>

>>Jim Thompson wrote:
>>
>>>On 29 Nov 2006 07:33:13 -0800, mrda...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>>[snip]

>>>That area is tame. Try flying out of Colorado Springs in August
>>>during a severe thunderstorm, in the Rockies, with half-dollar-sized
>>>hail :-(
>>>
>>> ...Jim Thompson
>>

>>Thanks for the warning!
>>
>>Is Denver Airport a wild ride during the winter months? Was thinking
>>of visiting Denver for the ski season...
>>
>>Michael
>

> I've not had issues at Denver, but that flight out of COS (*) is the
> only flight I've been on where I feared I was going to die :-(

The only one where I had such thoughts was in a Dornier DO-27. Iced up
in a jiffy during the roll, too late to abort, couldn't gain altitude,
bush pilot who normally never talks began to cuss, pine trees coming up
fast, not enough altitude to do the parachute bail.

Wheels brushed a big plume of snow off the tops. Whew....

Then there was a 767 engine loss over the Atlantic and it only has two.
But that was nothing compared to the DO-27 event.

mrda...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2006, 3:40:36 PM11/29/06

Um, what were you doing in a Dornier DO-27...?

> Then there was a 767 engine loss over the Atlantic and it only has two.
> But that was nothing compared to the DO-27 event.

Was the pilot able to restart the engine eventually?

> --
> Regards, Joerg
>
> http://www.analogconsultants.com

Michael

Michael

Nov 29, 2006, 4:15:50 PM11/29/06

"John Larkin" <jjla...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:56:29 GMT, "Michael"
> <mqiqcqhqaqe...@qbqlquqeqyqoqnqdqeqrq.qcqoq.quqkq> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Could someone please explain to me the purpose of this newsgroup?
>>According
>>to: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Groups.html
>>
>>It says "Discussions relevant to the design of electronics circuits."
>>
>>Is that the design of existing circuits as well as one's that people are
>>in
>>the process of designing?
>>
>>Michael
>>

> It's unmoderated: nobody makes rules.
>
> What are you designing lately?
>
> John

A pressure sensor interface using unity gain buffers and a diff amp fed into
a uC which can then be accessed by a custom written program running on a pc
using rs-232.

Michael

Joerg

Nov 29, 2006, 4:19:31 PM11/29/06
mrda...@gmail.com wrote:

Jumping out of it at around 8-9000ft, as high as it would economically
go with five guys and gear in there. You could possibly bail at 1500ft
or even lower if you pull the (faster) reserve chute right away. But not
at 50ft.

>>Then there was a 767 engine loss over the Atlantic and it only has two.
>>But that was nothing compared to the DO-27 event.
>

> Was the pilot able to restart the engine eventually?

Nope. But we had the most ceremonious reception at Frankfurt. It seemed
like all the fire trucks and ambulances Frankfurt could muster were
assembled. Plus they cleared the whole FRA airspace for us and that
alone is no small feat for a major hub. The AA captain did a marvelous
job and really greased it onto the runway. I sure hope he received a
nice bonus for that.

Michael A. Terrell

Dec 1, 2006, 1:40:41 AM12/1/06

Tom T. Hall recorded "I like beer". ;-)

<http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/hall-tom-t/i-like-beer-12416.html>

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

joseph2k

Dec 1, 2006, 6:32:26 AM12/1/06
The Real Andy wrote:

Really, do you homebrew?

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

Eeyore

Dec 1, 2006, 6:47:06 AM12/1/06

joseph2k wrote:

> The Real Andy wrote:
> >
> > I can say much, I hate politics and religion, but i do love food and
> > drinking. I contribute fuck all, but i like reading. I dont do
> > electronics anymore, just software (sometimes embedded). Did i mention
> > i like beer?
>
> Really, do you homebrew?

I used to.

It worked out at ~ 10p a pint ! That's 25 yrs ago though.

Graham