Aint it amazing what they put into cereal boxes!

K `Sleep

May 21, 2006, 6:54:17 PM5/21/06

So last Summer packed inside Kellogg's Cereal Boxes was Electronic
Pedometers, complete with 2-3AG batteries, in the shapes of Tony Tiger,
Snap Crackle and Pop...etc......
THIS SUMMER, its a Electronic Digital Bicycle Computer that Calculates
Distance, Time, Trip Memory...and other functions, again including 2-3AG
batteries. It is a two-piece unit that comprises of the digital counter
(with Reed Switch), and a very strong magnet that mounts on the spokes.
I remember when I was a kid....the best thing you could ever hope for is a 2
inch long Submarine powered by Baking Soda.
Aint it amazing!

--
Kim..the man with a girlls name, and Frankensteins body

kell

May 21, 2006, 9:45:31 PM5/21/06

Yeah, and unlike a pedometer the little boat was actually kind of fun.
I remember playing in the bathtub with one when I was a kid.
Breakfast cereal is WAY overpriced as a result of de facto price
collusion among the big companies. Also, they add sugar to every
mass-market cold cereal (exception: shredded wheat).
I need a speedo for my old motorbike. Might be worth the $ they charge
for 10 or 14 ounces of refined carbs. Which I will then proceed to
throw in the garbage where it belongs.

Lord Garth

May 22, 2006, 9:19:32 PM5/22/06

> Yeah, and unlike a pedometer the little boat was actually kind of fun.
> I remember playing in the bathtub with one when I was a kid.
> Breakfast cereal is WAY overpriced as a result of de facto price
> collusion among the big companies. Also, they add sugar to every
> mass-market cold cereal (exception: shredded wheat).
> I need a speedo for my old motorbike. Might be worth the $ they charge
> for 10 or 14 ounces of refined carbs. Which I will then proceed to
> throw in the garbage where it belongs.

Try composting the cereal rather than wasting it...you can grow plants that
you
prefer to eat!

Thomas A. Horsley

May 22, 2006, 9:53:52 PM5/22/06
>Also, they add sugar to every
>mass-market cold cereal (exception: shredded wheat).

For shredded wheat to be an exception, it would have to be a cereal wouldn't
it? When was broom straw ever a cereal? :-).

Don Bruder

May 22, 2006, 10:45:55 PM5/22/06
In article <Eqtcg.90846$dW3....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
"Lord Garth" <LGa...@Tantalus.net> wrote:

Only if the crap in the cereal doesn't poison the compost pile...

--
Don Bruder - dak...@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info

Don Klipstein

May 23, 2006, 12:18:01 AM5/23/06

They don't add sugar to puffed rice, at least some puffed wheat, and
most raisin brans and some corn flakes.

Meanwhile, my main complaint about cold cereals is that most have almost
as much or about as much added salt per ounce as most potato chips have.
Exceptions are most shredded wheat cereals and most puffed grain cereals.

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Lord Garth

May 25, 2006, 10:16:24 PM5/25/06

"Don Bruder" <dak...@sonic.net> wrote in message
> In article <Eqtcg.90846$dW3....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,

> > Try composting the cereal rather than wasting it...you can grow plants
that
> > you
> > prefer to eat!
> >

> Only if the crap in the cereal doesn't poison the compost pile...

Haha!