Electronics WorkBench Purchase?

Jim Douglas

Apr 24, 2005, 2:18:59 PM4/24/05
I found a site on the web that disposes of software, one of the products is
a complete version of Electronics WorkBench. I am trying to find if it's
student, etc. It's version 7, which is "the last version". Any comments if I
can get this for a few hundred dollars?

--
Jim Douglas
http://www.genesis-software.com

Nico Coesel

Apr 24, 2005, 2:49:45 PM4/24/05
"Jim Douglas" <james....@genesis-software.com> wrote:

>I found a site on the web that disposes of software, one of the products is
>a complete version of Electronics WorkBench. I am trying to find if it's
>student, etc. It's version 7, which is "the last version". Any comments if I
>can get this for a few hundred dollars?

If it isn't Spice compatible, leave it. You might be better of by
downloading LTSpice anyway.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

John Woodgate

Apr 24, 2005, 3:29:21 PM4/24/05
I read in sci.electronics.design that Nico Coesel <ni...@puntnl.niks>
wrote (in <426be98f...@news.planet.nl>) about 'Electronics
WorkBench Purchase?', on Sun, 24 Apr 2005:

>"Jim Douglas" <james....@genesis-software.com> wrote:
>
>>I found a site on the web that disposes of software, one of the products is
>>a complete version of Electronics WorkBench. I am trying to find if it's
>>student, etc. It's version 7, which is "the last version". Any comments if I
>>can get this for a few hundred dollars?
>
>If it isn't Spice compatible, leave it. You might be better of by
>downloading LTSpice anyway.

I though they were offering him a few hundred dollars to take it away.
LT Spice (or SuperSpice if you prefer it and will pay a little) is the
way to go for most people.
'What is a Moebius strip?'

John Larkin

Apr 24, 2005, 5:22:38 PM4/24/05
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 13:18:59 -0500, "Jim Douglas"
<james....@genesis-software.com> wrote:

>I found a site on the web that disposes of software, one of the products is
>a complete version of Electronics WorkBench. I am trying to find if it's
>student, etc. It's version 7, which is "the last version". Any comments if I
>can get this for a few hundred dollars?

LT Spice is free and much better. EWB is mediocre at best; I dumped it
long ago when I found lethal bugs and dishonest business practices.

John

Kevin Aylward

Apr 25, 2005, 2:18:45 AM4/25/05
John Larkin wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 13:18:59 -0500, "Jim Douglas"
> <james....@genesis-software.com> wrote:
>
>> I found a site on the web that disposes of software, one of the
>> products is a complete version of Electronics WorkBench. I am trying
>> to find if it's student, etc. It's version 7, which is "the last
>> version". Any comments if I can get this for a few hundred dollars?
>

> LT Spice is free and much better.

I have to agree with this:-)

>EWB is mediocre at best;

I am still staggered that anyone uses EWB. It is truly dreadful.

Kevin Aylward
informati...@anasoft.co.uk
http://www.anasoft.co.uk
SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode
Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture,
Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Rikard Bosnjakovic

Apr 27, 2005, 8:32:38 AM4/27/05
Kevin Aylward wrote:

> I am still staggered that anyone uses EWB. It is truly dreadful.

I use it for drawing my circuits and do basic testing. I don't find it
that dreadful, but then I'm not an EE either so I can't say what's so bad
about it.

--
Rikard Bosnjakovic http://bos.hack.org/cv/

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to my address will be
charged $250 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting

chem...@hotmail.com

Apr 27, 2005, 9:48:22 AM4/27/05
I Totally Agree that EWB, SUCKS.
It is about the most useless program I have ever bought and it cost me
almost $1000.00 for the Professional Version.

John Larkin

Apr 27, 2005, 11:25:57 AM4/27/05
On 27 Apr 2005 06:48:22 -0700, chem...@hotmail.com wrote:

>I Totally Agree that EWB, SUCKS.
>It is about the most useless program I have ever bought and it cost me
>almost $1000.00 for the Professional Version.

They sent me a brochure trying to sell me their microwave version
because "Spice doesn't work above 100 MHz"

No, I'm not making this up!

John

Kevin Aylward

Apr 27, 2005, 12:47:52 PM4/27/05

Bloody amazing. I try and restrict my vacuous marketing claims to:

"The leading professional standard for ease of use and functionality in
affordable analogue and mixed-mode simulation software."

The reason being is, that I *personally* don't think any others are
"easy to use", so mine must be the leading one:-)

Anything that is subjective is game for anyone to cliam!

Kevin

Apr 27, 2005, 5:30:35 PM4/27/05
I got EWB or multisim 2001 as its called on Kazaa for free!
"Jim Douglas" <james....@genesis-software.com> wrote in message

John Larkin

Apr 27, 2005, 6:13:07 PM4/27/05
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:30:35 +0100, "Kevin"
<irish...@REMOVEyahoo.ie> wrote:

>I got EWB or multisim 2001 as its called on Kazaa for free!

Illegal, too!

They changed the name from EWB to Multisim to screw the people who
bought EWB with promised lifetime free upgrades.

Why not get LT Spice for free?

John