a note on #219 - bring back readable boolean literals

Alex Shinn

Sep 4, 2011, 6:37:48 PM9/4/11
to scheme-re...@googlegroups.com
I don't particularly expect people to vote for this,
but I thought it deserved mention, and wanted
to explain my motivation.

Apart from in source code, I of course use sexps
for all of my config files. These often have lots
of boolean settings, like

(blah-blah-blah? #t)
(mumble-frotz? #f)
(yadda-yadda? #t)

Can you tell at a quick glance whether mumble-frotz?
has been set? I certainly can't, and binding a `true'
variable or even using quasiquote.

I think the switch to #t/#f was a huge step backwards.
So I want people to start thinking about this again,
and maybe in the next standard we can fix it.

--
Alex