Scalatra SBT Prototype ported to Maven

Srirangan

Mar 6, 2011, 1:07:41 PM3/6/11
to scalat...@googlegroups.com
Just finished porting the Scala SBT Prototype to Maven. Sources at: https://github.com/Srirangan/scalatra-maven-prototype

Not able to get Scalatra Tests working on Maven. Help here will be appreciated and will complete the Scalatra Maven Prototype. Thanks.

- Sri

Ross A. Baker

Mar 6, 2011, 9:06:46 PM3/6/11
to scalat...@googlegroups.com

Cool, thanks. I just sent a pull request that adds a ScalaTest.

One shortcoming of the sbt prototype is that it leaves you on your own
to change the group ID, package name, etc. Giter8[1] is one solution
to this. The Scalate guys are discussing a similar solution, which
would be neat since it would be Scalate.

Anyway, Maven already has a standard solution to this with
archetypes[2]. It would be great to see this turned into a proper
archetype. If someone wants to repackage this as an archetype, then I
think it would be a worthy subproject of the main distribution.

[1] - https://github.com/n8han/giter8
[2] - http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/

--
Ross A. Baker
ba...@alumni.indiana.edu

Srirangan

Mar 6, 2011, 9:15:14 PM3/6/11
to scalat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ross. Got stuck merging branches, made you a collaborator on the project. You can push your changes to origin.

- Sri

Srirangan

Mar 6, 2011, 9:16:35 PM3/6/11
to scalat...@googlegroups.com
PS: Agreed. Once ready, the next logical step would be to create an archetype from this.

Srirangan

Mar 6, 2011, 9:29:24 PM3/6/11
to scalat...@googlegroups.com
>> Got stuck merging branches...

Fixed. Your changes are up.

Srirangan

Mar 7, 2011, 10:04:09 AM3/7/11
to scalat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ross,

I created a Maven archetype for Scalatra based on the earlier prototype at https://github.com/Srirangan/simple-scalatra-archetype

How do we make the archetype available to Maven users? Do we submit to a public repository?

- Sri

Ross A. Baker

Mar 8, 2011, 1:51:43 AM3/8/11
to scalat...@googlegroups.com
Very nice! I updated the README to point to this instead.

Archetypes in Maven Central are automatically added to the central
catalog. Since we release to Maven Central, that seems the best place
to publish it. I see that our snapshot repository also has a catalog,
so that should work for those.

I'd like to import the archetype into Scalatra as a subproject in
order to synchronize the deployments. An archetype is just a jar with
a special layout, so I wouldn't expect any major challenges building
it with sbt.

Srirangan

Mar 8, 2011, 3:43:36 AM3/8/11
to scalat...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to import the archetype into Scalatra as a subproject in
order to synchronize the deployments.  An archetype is just a jar with
a special layout, so I wouldn't expect any major challenges building
it with sbt.

Sounds cool. Let me know how this goes.

- Sri