Scalate 1.5.2 Released!

James Strachan

Sep 10, 2011, 3:24:00 AM9/10/11
to sca...@googlegroups.com
The Scalate team is pleased to announce the availability of Scalate 1.5.2
http://scalate.fusesource.org/blog/releases/release-1.5.2.html

Scalate 1.5.2 Highlights
=================

* Upgraded to Scala 2.9.1

* Server side compilation of CoffeeScript in the :coffeescript filter
- many thanks for the patch Dag!

* Provide a Scala 2.8.1 distribution of Scalate (version
1.5.2-scala_2.8.1) for easier Play integration and working with other
Scala 2.8.x projects.

* Minor improvements in the use of the ScalaCompiler to make it easier
to support Lifty as a plugin inside SBT - thanks for the help and
welcome to the team Mads!

* Fixed #260 : Scalate distro does not include all the jars required
for textile support

For more detail see the Full Change Log
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/scalate/milestones/529481-1-5-2

Feedback always most welcome!
http://scalate.fusesource.org/community.html

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration and Messaging

Matt Raible

Sep 10, 2011, 11:22:02 AM9/10/11
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Great - thanks for creating a 2.8.1 version for Play 1.2.x!

I tried the CoffeeScript filter with the following code:

:coffeescript
  alert 'hello world'

This results in the following JavaScript being generated:
<script type='text/javascript'>
  #<![CDATA[
    (function() {
      alert('hello world');
    }).call(this);

  #]]>
</script>
Which doesn't work in Firefox 5.0.1:

Error: illegal character
Source File: http://localhost:9000/
Line: 7, Column: 2
Source Code:
  #<![CDATA[

It doesn't seem to like the # character. I get this error in Safari as well.

James Strachan

Sep 12, 2011, 1:09:06 AM9/12/11
to sca...@googlegroups.com
On 10 September 2011 16:22, Matt Raible <mra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great - thanks for creating a 2.8.1 version for Play 1.2.x!

I tried the CoffeeScript filter with the following code:

:coffeescript
  alert 'hello world'

This results in the following JavaScript being generated:
<script type='text/javascript'>
  #<![CDATA[
    (function() {
      alert('hello world');
    }).call(this);

  #]]>
</script>
Which doesn't work in Firefox 5.0.1:

Error: illegal character
Source File: http://localhost:9000/
Line: 7, Column: 2
Source Code:
  #<![CDATA[

It doesn't seem to like the # character. I get this error in Safari as well.

Damn! :( Serves me right for not testing it before cutting the release (was a bit snowed with the day job at the time). You're right we were using # instead of // for the CDATA comments.

I've patched the code and tested it locally and its working fine now. (I also patched the code to more gracefully handle the case of the rhino.jar not being on the claspath, generating a nice warning and defaulting to client side compile instead).

I've just deployed a snapshot version 1.6.0-scala_2.8.1-SNAPSHOT if you fancy giving it a try (in case something else doesn't quite work with play / jade / coffeescript :) I'll cut another release soon...

Sorry about that!

Matt Raible

Sep 21, 2011, 9:45:46 PM9/21/11
to Scalate

On Sep 11, 11:09 pm, James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com> wrote:
> jade / coffeescript :) I'll cut another release soon...http://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/org/f...
>
> Sorry about that!
>
> --

I tried this snapshot version and it seems to solve the issue.