Scala IDE V2.1.0 Milestone 3 released!

Mirco Dotta

Dec 19, 2012, 5:25:21 PM12/19/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-ide-dev Dev

Simon Schäfer

Dec 19, 2012, 6:26:35 PM12/19/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, the IDE increases its quality gradually. In some years we can beat
JDT. ;)

One minor note: The changelog site still is marked as "not yet released"
for M3.

Greetings,
Simon

On Wed 19 Dec 2012 11:25:21 PM CET, Mirco Dotta wrote:

> http://scala-ide.org/blog/release-notes-2.1-Milestone-3.html
>
> -- Mirco

kaesler

Dec 20, 2012, 10:32:28 AM12/20/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Great work. Thank you.

BTW it seems that the Scala Worksheet at http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/e38/scala29/dev/site/ needs an update to M3. It currently requires bundle org.scala-ide.sdt.core [2.1.0.m2-2_09-201209130939-63e4f61] and hence clashes with the M3 IDE.

Mirco Dotta

Dec 20, 2012, 11:06:08 AM12/20/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 20, 2012, at 4:32 PM, kaesler wrote:

Great work. Thank you.

BTW it seems that the Scala Worksheet at http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/e38/scala29/dev/site/ needs an update to M3. It currently requires bundle org.scala-ide.sdt.core [2.1.0.m2-2_09-201209130939-63e4f61] and hence clashes with the M3 IDE.

And you are of course right. I'll fix this right away...

Mirco Dotta

Dec 20, 2012, 11:15:43 AM12/20/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On Dec 20, 2012, at 12:26 AM, Simon Schäfer wrote:

> Yeah, the IDE increases its quality gradually. In some years we can beat JDT. ;)
>
> One minor note: The changelog site still is marked as "not yet released" for M3.

Yep, I knew about this, and indeed fixed it before releasing. The problem is that I am
experiencing troubles with the sbt ghpages-push-site command, which is preventing
me from publishing the change I made here https://github.com/scala-ide/docs/commit/b9c2df7aecc6e249740b8f3e441556ad1fc53a06

Mirco Dotta

Dec 20, 2012, 11:37:45 AM12/20/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 20, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Mirco Dotta wrote:

On Dec 20, 2012, at 4:32 PM, kaesler wrote:

Great work. Thank you.

BTW it seems that the Scala Worksheet at http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/e38/scala29/dev/site/ needs an update to M3. It currently requires bundle org.scala-ide.sdt.core [2.1.0.m2-2_09-201209130939-63e4f61] and hence clashes with the M3 IDE.

And you are of course right. I'll fix this right away...

Should be good now. Happy coding :)

Mirco Dotta

Dec 21, 2012, 4:20:49 AM12/21/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It turns out we have a problem with the zip update-site for M3. https://scala-ide-portfolio.assembla.com/spaces/scala-ide/tickets/1001399

If you use the online update site (http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/e37/scala210/dev/site/) it should work just fine.

Sorry for the pain this is causing.

-- Mirco

On Dec 21, 2012, at 8:28 AM, wang zaixiang wrote:

I tried the 2.1M3 with scala-2.10RC5. but now, there pops a dialog anytime when you edit a scala source file.

I have tried install the plugin with a clean eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32.zip installation, still the same problem.

Is there anything wrong?

在 2012年12月20日星期四UTC+8上午6时25分21秒,Mirco Dotta写道:
http://scala-ide.org/blog/release-notes-2.1-Milestone-3.html

-- Mirco

Mirco Dotta

Dec 21, 2012, 9:29:57 AM12/21/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikaël,

At the moment I don't really have any proper fix for this, I'm trying to understand what's happening. I'll let you know the moment I
have more information (but in less than 3h I'm leaving for Christmas holidays, so the risk is that I won't have a chance to dig
deeper until next January).

As a workaround, you may want to try the Scala IDE M3 for Scala 2.9 (none has reported this problem on Scala 2.9 so far, so I'm hoping
at least that one is working fine).

-- Mirco

On Dec 21, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Mikaël Mayer wrote:

Hello Mirco,

Although I updated through the online update site, I have the same problem with the annoying pop-up.
Other ideas ?
Anyway, scalatest is working well,

Mikaël

Mikaël Mayer

Dec 21, 2012, 9:41:41 AM12/21/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply.
Same for me.
Cheers,
Mikaël

iulian dragos

Dec 22, 2012, 9:35:10 AM12/22/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We have traced this to an error in the way the update sites for 2.10 have been generated: they contain a corrupted refactoring library. The solution is to install from the online update site (I removed the links to the zip archives form the web site).

If you already installed form a broken archive, uninstalling may not fix it. The reason is that Eclipse caches bundles, and it will not re-download the same version of the refactoring library if it already has it in its plugin directory. The best is to start from a fresh installation. You can also delete the file `org.scala-refactoring.library_0.6.0.jar` from the plugins directory after uninstalling the Scala IDE. However, make sure to make a copy of your Eclipse installation before deleting this file, as this might break some Eclipse assumptions.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and we will post a blog about it soon.

cheers,
iulian
--
« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

iulian dragos

Dec 22, 2012, 11:10:15 AM12/22/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM, iulian dragos <jagu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

We have traced this to an error in the way the update sites for 2.10 have been generated: they contain a corrupted refactoring library. The solution is to install from the online update site (I removed the links to the zip archives form the web site).

If you already installed form a broken archive, uninstalling may not fix it. The reason is that Eclipse caches bundles, and it will not re-download the same version of the refactoring library if it already has it in its plugin directory. The best is to start from a fresh installation. You can also delete the file `org.scala-refactoring.library_0.6.0.jar` from the plugins directory after uninstalling the Scala IDE. However, make sure to make a copy of your Eclipse installation before deleting this file, as this might break some Eclipse assumptions.

DO NOT DELETE them. I am working on a detailed document that describes the best steps to take in this situation.

iulian

iulian dragos

Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin

Dec 22, 2012, 5:20:26 PM12/22/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

I had the same problem and it turns out that even though I was installing from http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/e38/scala210/dev/site/ eclipse re-downloaded the scala-refactoring jar from
http://download.scala-ide.org/releases-29/milestone/site (having run the P2 garbage collector).
Disabling http://download.scala-ide.org/releases-29/milestone/site and going through the uninstall, p2 garbage collect, reinstall process fixed the problem.

  Donnchadh

iulian dragos

Dec 23, 2012, 5:42:19 AM12/23/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I will update the blog post to let people know about this. It is indeed a very bad idea to have that check mark if you have both 2.9 and 2.10 update sites configured in the Update manager.

iulian

Luc Bourlier

Jan 3, 2013, 11:15:32 AM1/3/13
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
I fixed the zip files. There is still a potential problem when uninstalling a Scala 2.x build, and then installing a Scala 2.y build.

We are working on setting a better version number for the Scala refactoring jars, and the problem should not be visible anymore as soon as the rebuild on top Scala 2.10.0 final is pushed.

Luc