First Orders...

Andre

Nov 20, 2009, 5:19:58 AM11/20/09
to Scala Enthusiasts Dublin
Call out to anyone with even the slightest ( :-D ) interest in
learning and sharing about all things Scala related!... Anybody using
Scala on enterprise projects, playing around with 'helloWorld' or
looking to dive in?

I've decided to kick off this group as I've been unable to find any
pre existing groups relating to this tech this side of the water...
With this in mind and with my own interest in building a better
knowledge of developing in Scala I've also created a blogger page at
http://scala-dub.blogspot.com/.

Look forward to hearing from similar folk!

Jeremy Mawson

Nov 23, 2009, 5:25:30 PM11/23/09
to Scala Enthusiasts Dublin
I'm lurking on the wrong side of the world. I hope you get a lot of
interest.

On Nov 20, 9:19 pm, Andre <urc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Call out to anyone with even the slightest ( :-D ) interest in
> learning and sharing about all things Scala related!... Anybody using
> Scala on enterprise projects, playing around with 'helloWorld' or
> looking to dive in?
>
> I've decided to kick off this group as I've been unable to find any
> pre existing groups relating to this tech this side of the water...
> With this in mind and with my own interest in building a better
> knowledge of developing in Scala I've also created a blogger page athttp://scala-dub.blogspot.com/.

Ray O'Meara

Dec 17, 2009, 10:01:41 AM12/17/09
to Scala Enthusiasts Dublin
Ive been meaning to get involved with Scala.

Hopefully this will get me started, heres hoping.........

On Nov 20, 10:19 am, Andre <urc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Call out to anyone with even the slightest ( :-D ) interest in
> learning and sharing about all things Scala related!... Anybody using
> Scala on enterprise projects, playing around with 'helloWorld' or
> looking to dive in?
>
> I've decided to kick off this group as I've been unable to find any
> pre existing groups relating to this tech this side of the water...
> With this in mind and with my own interest in building a better

> knowledge of developing in Scala I've also created a blogger page athttp://scala-dub.blogspot.com/.

Rlzy0n3r

Feb 2, 2010, 8:28:21 AM2/2/10
to Scala Enthusiasts Dublin
Hello Hello,

I have only recently began to play about with Scala,... coming from a
Ruby / Java background.
Just happened to come across this group.
Wondering if it's still active?

Cheers,

Gary

Enda J Diggins

Feb 2, 2010, 9:09:34 AM2/2/10
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gary, all,

I, too, have just started playing with Scala. I'm a Java dev working with the usual suspects like spring and hibernate as well as some more interesting tech like drools & gigaspaces.

My interest was peaked when I discovered a presentation on Swarm ( http://code.google.com/p/swarm-dpl/ ). I am particularily interested in using continuations in distributed systems.

For now, I'm just messing with the hibernate/java tutorial and trying to convert it into scala :)

What have you / everyone else been up to?

Enda
--
Enda J Diggins

Andre

Feb 2, 2010, 10:56:13 AM2/2/10
to Scala Enthusiasts Dublin
Hi Guys,
been under pressure so have not had much chance of late to pursue many
things scala related :-D since starting up the groups (this and
http://scala-dub.blogspot.com/). However, the intention is still
there! Did not get much interest locally in the whole Scala thing so
assumed that there was not much much enthusiasm this side of the water
for it :-\. Hopefully, if there was enough followers this might
warrant a meetup (i.e. beers ;-) ) to discuss share etc..

I've heard of an Open Source group in the Dublin area that it might be
worth hoking up with as there is bound to be some points of interest
in common there.... Will try to make the connection...watch the
space.... or alternatively offer other options!

Cheers
Andre

On Feb 2, 2:09 pm, Enda J Diggins <ejdigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Gary, all,
>
> I, too, have just started playing with Scala. I'm a Java dev working with
> the usual suspects like spring and hibernate as well as some more
> interesting tech like drools & gigaspaces.
>

> My interest was peaked when I discovered a presentation on Swarm (http://code.google.com/p/swarm-dpl/). I am particularily interested in

gary_r

Feb 2, 2010, 12:22:31 PM2/2/10
to Scala Enthusiasts Dublin
Andre et all,

There are quite a few group events in Dublin,.... Cork and Belfast
too.
RubyIreland, PythonIreland, ILUG etc.

The oss group you mentioned is probably ossdev-ireland.
You can catch the google group here http://groups.google.com/group/ossdev-ireland

As I say, most of my dev is Ruby, Rails, and Java.
Have just recently gotten interested in Scala

Definately check out the ossdev-ireland group. Nice community over
there.

Enda, I'll definately check out that presentation you mentioned.
Cheers,

Gary