Applying tax to cart total

Bernard

Jan 13, 2009, 12:13:23 PM1/13/09
to Satchmo users
Hey there,

I can't seem to apply a tax value on the cart total value even though
I :

1. activated the "By Country/Area".
2. added my country/region tax rate.
3. checked the "Show With tax included" checkbox

here's attached a screenshot of the on-going problems, I've selected
the areas where something's fishy:
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/1/13/f_errorm_2003f36.png&srv=img34

So basically, the cart shows "With tax included" but doesn't calculate
it neither on the item or the total. The checkout shows some tax
calculation in the "Item Ordered" but its total is not the right
amount. It's also not displaying in the "total" fieldset.

I changed the templates a bit to make it look a little better but I
didn't change all those satchmo filters/tags.

here's the template for base_cart.html: http://dpaste.com/hold/108581/
And here's the checkout template (_order_details.html): http://dpaste.com/hold/108582/

thanks for checking this problem out.

Bernard

Bruce Kroeze

Jan 13, 2009, 12:54:42 PM1/13/09
to satchm...@googlegroups.com
Are the products marked taxable?  That's usually the problem.
--
Bruce Kroeze
http://solidsitesolutions.com

Bernard

Jan 13, 2009, 1:07:47 PM1/13/09
to Satchmo users
ohh my! that's it Bruce!

I unchecked the "Show With Tax included" so that the taxes are
calculated only on the total pricing.

thanks a bunch!!