Bug: Cayley Graph

M. Fix

Apr 30, 2008, 5:34:51 AM4/30/08
to sage-support
Hello-
I input the following:

sage: s1 = SymmetricGroup(1)
sage: s = s1.cayley_graph()
sage: s.vertices()
[]

Shouldn't the set of vertices have one element in it for the
identity? s1 reports this element, but as shown the graph does not.
I suppose this is trivial, but it seems like it should be fixed at
some point. I am, however, still fairly new to SAGE, and could easily
be missing something. Any thoughts on this?

mabshoff

Apr 30, 2008, 5:49:39 AM4/30/08
to sage-support

On Apr 30, 11:34 am, "M. Fix" <mfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello-

Hi,
Looks like the identity is not printed or the constructor for
cayley_graph() gets that case wrong. For s2 the identity is there,
i.e.

sage: s2g.vertices()
[(), (1,2)]

Somebody more familiar with the code ought to figure out what is going
on and open a ticket.

Cheers,

Michael

mabshoff

May 1, 2008, 1:16:28 AM5/1/08
to sage-support
Hi,

I have made this

and assigned it to boothy, so he will get an email about it ;)

Cheers,

Michael