world domination

Tom Boothby

Aug 18, 2012, 7:09:07 AM8/18/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I saw this on mathworld. Perhaps they've adopted a motto like
Google's: "do all evil"?
Mathematica-ring-a.png

William Stein

Aug 18, 2012, 9:16:19 AM8/18/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, August 18, 2012, Tom Boothby <tomas....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw this on mathworld.  Perhaps they've adopted a motto like
> Google's: "do all evil"?

Let's go on a quest to... Destroy it!

> --

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org

Bill Hart

Aug 18, 2012, 9:49:24 AM8/18/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I hope they paid for the rights to that image! I'm not sure the
Tolkein family like to share.

Bill.

rjf

Aug 19, 2012, 10:59:49 AM8/19/12
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Axiom has categories like
Abelian Ring. Polynomial Ring.

Ring Dings contain DEVIL's food cake. And are individually WRAPPED.

Nils Bruin

Aug 25, 2012, 4:16:47 PM8/25/12
to sage-flame
Actually, after some involuntary ventures into the coercion system,
I've found that Sage has a "Ring" of its own: The SymbolicRing. It is
indeed a Ring to Rule Them All. And if you let it use the coercion
system to find them, it will in darkness bind them (by preventing the
garbage collector from sending them to a better world).