Nagala Western Combo, Sep 11-12 (N/72) - Easy, Moderate, Advanced

Peter Van Geit

Aug 10, 2010, 8:19:08 AM8/10/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dElUaUp2bklPRU0wNmxlSDdKTEZWUHc6MA

Nagala Western Combo, Sep 11-12 (N/72)

This 2-day trek adheres to all members in CTC - from beginner to moderate to advanced to extreme trekkers. We will be entering Nagalapuram through the usual Western valley and setting up three campsites -

level 1 - 3rd pool for beginners

level 2 - canal pool (beyond 5th falls) for moderate trekkers

level 3 - top of the mountain for advanced trekkers

level 4 - additional moonlight climb from campsite 3 to the Western 800+m peak (conquered in Mission Ex/1)

No entrance criteria for this trek - everyone is welcome to join. We will however have time limits to reach each above check point in order to be allowed to proceed to the next level. Only the fastest/fittest trekkers will make it to the last 2 points. Participants agree to strictly adhere to the organizers decision as to whom is allowed to proceed to the next level based on timing, physical and mental condition at the earlier checkpoints.

Level 1 (cuttie paapaa) - is a relatively easy sandy trail along a scenic stream admits lush green forest combined with a little boulder hopping. We will be camping near one of the best pools ever discovered in Nagalapuram.

Level 2 (pedda paapaa) is a moderate trek which proceed further without trail along a steeper terrain. It involves a steep climb and descent around the 5th falls and ends near one of the most scenic campsites along the stream with a beautiful canal pool and small falls.

Level 3 (survivors) is a difficult trek to the green meadows on top of the mountain from where the Western valley and stream originates. It proceeds beyond the 2nd campsite along a stream with reducing water flow as we climb higher up the valley.

Level 4 (Predators) - after the experienced trekkers are mentally and physically exhausted, a few remaining survivors will attempt a moonlight climb to the 800+m Western peak offering a breathtaking 270 degrees view on the surrounding plains. Body and mind will be stretch beyond previous known limits.

 *PICK UP POINTS/TIMINGS*
4am - Tidel (bus stop)
4:10am - Madya Kailash (bus stop)
4:25am - Guindy Katipara (Toyota showroom)
4:40am - Koyambedu (Nathan Cafe)
6am - Nagalapuram (public bus stand)

 *WHAT TO CARRY*
1) Good walking shoes & a pair of sandals to move around in streams and the camping site.
2) Small/compact (NOT large) back-pack to carry water, food + following essentials
3) Blanket (nights will be warm) or Sleeping bag
4) LED torch to get around at night
5) One extra set of clothes to sleep dry at night
6) Sun cap and cream (to protect from sun)
7) Two sets of reusable PET bottles (can be filled along the stream)
8) Reusable bowl and spoon for dinner (No disposable ones)
9) Camera, fully charged batteries, memory card – optional
10) Sleeping mat

 Level 3 and 4 should minimize their weight

Food and transport will be taken care of by the organizers

 *MUST READ*

 *ORGANIZERS*

Peter - peter.vangeit@gmail,com, 9600004509
Alex - alex.fran...@gmail.com, 967709398
Karmu - karj...@gmail.com, 9884309864

Western Combo.jpg

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails

Western Combo.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 10, 2010, 4:20:18 PM8/10/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Already 40 signed up for the combo mission. Looks like we have mostly survivors and predators in the group. Come on, waiting for all the others to join in.

tharanibabu
Sriram Raghavan
Suvam Maity
Arun Laxman
K.Ashok kumar
Sivakumar PS
Ramesh B
Sathish J
rajendran
Rooban
Vijayaganesh
Ashok Rajasekaran
Thiruselvan
R.Chandrasekar
Vikram Gokhale
Anurag Jain
SHANMUGA RAJA
Sunil Kumar V
Manish Mishra
R.Sampath
Venkat N
Chandra Shekhar A K
Rajanna
Raj Mellvin
Vinod Senthil
S.Sathyanarayanan
Hari Suman Naik
deva
adhav
Gurumurthy
Vignesh B
pankaj kumar kharadi
NobalMohan
Jaiganesh S
Sailaja Nori
Ramanuj
Prasanna Venkatesh
Amarnath
viki

Peter.
Western Combo.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 11, 2010, 7:24:05 AM8/11/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
85 outdoor enthusiasts have signed up for our September 2nd week combo. We got good response on level 2,3,4. We need a few more on the level 1 to have a decent group at our first campsite.

Anyone else interested to sit on top of the world?

abc.jpg

Paari
Maruthi Raj M
Shobha
Subramaniam PS
C.S.Srinivasan
sudhansu mohanty
Ramesh R
Santosh Kumar V
Ramesh
gangadharan
Vijayaraghavan
Devarajan
devarajan
SakthiKumar
Vaitheeswaran
Karthik R
Shyam Sundar M R
Nithyanandan Ammayappan
Ramesh
Hari S Rao (Rake)
Kosalaraman.v
Arun
RADHAKRISHNA MURTHY
Hema Chandra
Mahesh
Venki
gaja
karthik
Susi
deepak gupta
yogananth
Rengarajan G
Punit Goyal
Ashwin Leonard
BIJO THOMAS
NAYAAB RADHAWA
Prerana
Sathish Kumar S
Sethupathi S
Balasenthil
Parthiban
Srinivasan S
Herbert Goldwin
Siva Rama Krishnan.T
Ravikiran

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Peter Van Geit <peter....@gmail.com> wrote:
abc.jpg
Western Combo.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 12, 2010, 6:03:13 AM8/12/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
The western combo is growing steadily - 120 souls have signed up for the weekend of their life with good numbers on each campsite. Come on, where are the remaining ones? The views from the peak will be mind boggling. The freshness of the falls will tantalize your skin. The oxygen rich forest air will refresh your lungs. Your body and mind will be at total peace on Sunday evening. You will make more new friends in a weekend then in years. Imagine the jealous looks of friends and colleagues when seeing your photos on Monday.

Let's break a new record and take out maximum trekkers in a single weekend. Missing the good old Nagala/14 days.... ;-)

gayathri chandrashekar
Arun Jonathan
Subhasis Samanta
sridhar raparthi
Easwara Moorthi
Sivakumar
kedar Choudhary
kaarthikeyan.s
Ravikumar
Abhinav
Aswin Anand
venkat m
Marie SERRE
v naveen kumar
Rajasekar Krishnaswamy
Mohan Raj
rajeev dev
rajasekar.s
ejaz salim
omjee
veena r
Balaji N
Rajesh Prasath
Yatinkumar Agrawal
Deepthi
Smita Mallik
Subhodeep Mukherjee
Anand Kale
Suman Singha
Sucharita
Amit
Priya
Suresh Kumar D
Anita
naresh puri
g.selvachandrakumar
Western Combo.jpg
abc.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 13, 2010, 2:44:46 AM8/13/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
There is no stopping. 150 trekkers are gonna rock Nagala on Sep 11-12.... Crystal clear water .... lush green forest.... natural spa... total peace for mind and boy.... What are you waiting for? Come on and sign up now

saranya
sunith samdaria
sowmy
Abhishek S
Manivannan
Senthil Prabu S
D. Srinivasan
Muthuponmozhi
Veenit Kumar
Chithra Viswanathan
AMAL RAJESH A
manojkumar n
Leo Anandraj
Bala Hariharan
Vivekanandhan S
vimal
Thiruvengadam P
Arvindh Arun
Prakash Kumar
Shon Yadav
Vivekanandhan
Logeswaran
ashwin vignesh
Lingam
monisha azhaguvel
Divya Rajagopal
naresh puri
Chandrashekhar S

Peter.
abc.jpg
Western Combo.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 17, 2010, 5:28:29 PM8/17/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
No limits! 220 adventurous souls are heading out to explore the beautiful lush green forest and crystal clear pools of the Eastern Ghats in CTC's biggest ever trek - more souls = more fun, sleeping under the starry sky, cooking yummy maggie noodles, the warm glow of the campfire in the night,  enjoying the company of countless like minded outdoor friends, ... We pity the Chennai city dwellers... They are missing out on life....
g.selvachandrakumar
saranya
sunith samdaria
sowmy
Abhishek S
Manivannan
Senthil Prabu S
D. Srinivasan
Muthuponmozhi
Veenit Kumar
Chithra Viswanathan
AMAL RAJESH A
manojkumar n
Leo Anandraj
Bala Hariharan
Vivekanandhan S
vimal
Thiruvengadam P
Arvindh Arun
Prakash Kumar
Shon Yadav
Logeswaran
ashwin vignesh
Lingam
monisha azhaguvel
Divya Rajagopal
naresh puri
Chandrashekhar S
kadar haneef
natarajan
Goutham S
Anavarathan Raj
Meenakshi Veeramani
Prince Peter
B.M.Prasad
Muthukumaran Shanmugam
Sakthivel N
Ramesh D
Senthil Kumar S
chandru
Ambarish
Mahesh Ramakrishnan
kranthi kumar k
SUBHASHREE VARADHAN
Amit Dalal
Dhanasekar
JasonWinni
deepak
prabhakaran
Ashwin
Muruganandam C
Preetha Venkatraman
Venkatraman P
Gowri S
VIJAY KRISHNAN
Ramaswamy S
Bhaskaran N
J.Mahendran
Santhosh N
Shankar
Santhosh J
ambrish kumar
T.Tamil Selvan
Nandini Tare
vishvak saen
Vignesh
Radha Viswanathan
Suresh Kanna
Pathiban
Parthiban
Prasanna
shankar
Girish Revankar
Avinash Vem
Bala Phani Chand
KRISHNAN
Gopikrishna Mandapati
Lilford Immanuel
Siddharthan
Madheswaran.v
Gubendran.J
Kaushik
Siva kumar G
Shobhana Iyer
Susanne Muenzberg
Krishna Prasad
Suresh Kumar CTS
Mugunthan
Vidhya
Vandhana Mothinath
Vaishnavi.R
Chris
venkatesh aditya
Jyotsna
Priyanka Muraly
Mariyam Rajeev George
KISHORE KUMAR.I
RAMSIDDARTH.R
SARAVANAN.D
ashwini hari
SATHISHKUMAR.S
Prasanna Venkatesh
MUSTANSIR
Abishek subramanian

Peter.
Western Combo.jpg
abc.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 23, 2010, 6:03:12 AM8/23/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
It's simply mind blowing - CTC biggest trek ever keeps growing at an unprecedented pace - 255 and counting.... Where are the remaining members? Don't miss the largest ever trek in South India and a chance to meet so many like minded CTCians in the beautiful surroundings of CTC's own homeland....

tharanibabu
Sriram Raghavan
Suvam Maity
Arun Laxman
K.Ashok kumar
Sivakumar PS
Ramesh B
Sathish J
rajendran
Rooban
Vijayaganesh
Ashok Rajasekaran
Thiruselvan
Vikram Gokhale
Anurag Jain
SHANMUGA RAJA
Sunil Kumar V
Manish Mishra
R.Sampath
Venkat N
Chandra Shekhar A K
Rajanna
Vinod Senthil
S.Sathyanarayanan
Hari Suman Naik
deva
adhav
Gurumurthy
Parthiban
Srinivasan S
Herbert Goldwin
Siva Rama Krishnan.T
Ravikiran
gayathri chandrashekar
Arun Jonathan
Subhasis Samanta
sridhar raparthi
Easwara Moorthi
Sivakumar
kedar Choudhary
kaarthikeyan.s
Ravikumar
Abhinav
Aswin Anand
Balasenthil
venkat m
hem prakash
Vadivel K
LaxmiNarayanan.C
Nikunj Bhaiya
V S Leelakrishnan
Rajah ganesh
Sanjay Mullasseri
Karthick Rajamani
Chitra Subramanian
Antony Prince
Bharadwaj
hem prakash
Pradeep Madhavankutty
Sanjay Bysani
Varrun Ramani
Lakshmi
Atul Sharma
Muthukumar S
Yeshwanth
mohankumar sekhar
Sivaganesan
Adarsh V E
krishnam
Sampath Kumar
muralidharan v
Madhavan.R
Sivaraj S
Praful Bodra
Abhinav Johnson
S.Karthick
prasanna.s
ganapathy.s
Biju
Zen Bala
Alex
Karmu
Peter

Peter
Western Combo.jpg
abc.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 27, 2010, 6:12:47 AM8/27/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
There is no stopping to the largest trek in Indian history - 290 CTCians are all set to explore the jungles of Western Nagalapuram on Sep 11-12 and conquer one of its highest peaks at 800+m. The views from above will simply be breath taking, the crystal clear water pools will be so refreshing, the warm glow of the campfire will keep us warm at night, the yummy taste of soupy noodles after a day of trekking, meeting of so many outdoor like-minded souls. Come on, where are the remaining ones? Highly time to sign up now.

Participants list
radhaa +1
Chandrashekar CH
Senthil Kumar R
teja
Ashish Kumar
RAJINIKANDH ARS
Prasanna V
J.ARAVIND KUMAR
gurva reddy
Aditya Gopalan
Naresh Bafna
Vishnu S Menon
G.Vivekanand
Shruti
Sivaprakasham
Vinod Kumar
Sumesh.R.Nair
Vani Maradi
Ela
Vishnu S Menon
Ryan Frantz
Amey B. Nirpase
Mayank Aggarwal
Ela Johri
Ravi Ganapathy
Ravi Ganapathy
N Vijayan
Kumud Nishad
Rahul Kumar Rai
Anand Singh
Satish CR
Madhan
Shweta Chauhan
Supriya Mattoo
suraj oomenn mathew
Jim Varghese
Akshay Nair
Guutham Gurumurthi
abc.jpg
Western Combo.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Sep 5, 2010, 10:41:09 PM9/5/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
320 and counting....The largest trek in history keeps growing bigger. We will be closing the registrations by Wednesday. Stay tuned for a detailed prep email on the same day with further details including how participants can proceed to the 4 different levels/campsites. The trek expense (sharing fuel and food cost) was missing in the invite and should come around 600-700Rs. Those who have registered below but need to drop out due to unforeseen circumstances please inform the organizers asap so we can finalize the headcount for arranging food, transportation and camping gear. We got a large number of participants from Bangalore who will be joining us through Tirupati and Nagala (just a few hours extra travel compared to Chennai).

Very excited to meet you all on Saturday for one of the biggest and best treks in recent history.....

Registered participants

tharanibabu
Sriram Raghavan
Suvam Maity