Be Positive - CTC's awareness mega bike ride to Yellagiri, Sep 18-19

Peter Van Geit

Aug 26, 2010, 6:49:53 AM8/26/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFZuY3ZhaThZRmEwLUFveFpqWXluV3c6MQ

Be Positive - CTC's awareness mega bike ride to Yelagiri, Sep 18-19

What -

CTC 2-day mega bike ride (goal - 100 bikers + 100 pillions) to Yellagiri (220km one way, a scenic hill station at 1000m altitude), to spread awareness on blood donation, overnight camping & trekking in ghats, awesome valley views, cool mountain climate, enjoying the company of fellow bikers and CTCians and of course feeling the passion within a large like minded group to go get together to spread awareness for a good cause

be_positive1.jpg

Background -

The Chennai Trekking Club is teaming up with the Rotary Clubs of Tamil Nadu (5 Districts,500 Clubs and approx 15000 members) to spread awareness for a mega blood donation drive 'BE POSITIVE' on a single day the 23rd Sept 2010 from 9am - 2pm at over 150 centers involving 150 Blood Banks most of which will be government blood banks and some private banks. The donors will be from colleges,corporate offices and factories.

The aim of this mega blood donation drive is not merely to collect volumes of blood it is more so to create an awareness on the need and importance of voluntary blood donation. Blood cannot be manufactured. There is a shortage of blood round the year to the tune of 55% against the need. Hence we hope to create awareness to the society through this mega blood donation drive. The Deputy CM Thiru.M.K.Stalin will be inaugurating the mega blood donation on Sept 23rd.

The Rotary has requested CTC to organize a mega awareness bike rally Yellagiri, a scenic hill station, 350km Southwest of Chennai. Along the way we will be driving through various cities and regional rotary clubs to create awareness carrying flags, posters and wearing t-shirts. The Rotary District shall sponsor fuel, food, t-shirts and hotel stay at Yellagiri for all bikers and pillions. They will provide Press and Media Coverage to spread awareness. An ambulance from the Billroth Hospital will accompany us. We will arrange 5 SUV-s to accompany us for carrying luggage and more.

yelagiri_map.jpg

Agenda -

Saturday

5am - assembly at various locations across the city (see below)
6am - all bikers and pillions assemble at Marina beach for the kick off of the mega bike ride by a celebrity, distribute "O Positive" t-shirts to all participants
6am-6pm - scenic, relaxed bike ride to Yellagiri along national highways and through smaller cities, ghat roads, lunch along the way
6pm - check into hotel at Yellagiri, dinner, songs, dance around a BIG BONFIRE

yelagiri_bike.jpg

Sunday

6:30am - wake up lazy buggers!
7am-12pm - (optional) Peter will take you along some mini-treks to a few awesome viewpoints in Yellagiri.
9:30am - breakfast 12pm - start return journey
2pm - reach Vellore for lunch and big awareness function
3pm - leave to Chennai 7pm - reach back at Chennai, disperse to the respective assembly locations

Cost -

Completely Free. The Rotary District shall sponsor fuel, food, t-shirt and hotel stay at Yellagiri for all.

Must Carry -

1) Comfortable shoes for biking and walking
2) Small/compact back-pack with one extra dress and one water bottle
3) Blanket or Sleeping bag
4) LED torch to get around at night
5) Sun cap and cream (to protect from sun)
6) Camera, fully charged batteries, memory card – optional
7) Valid Driving License (bikers)
8) Registered Bike with adequate documents (bikers)
9) Helmets - for the rider and the pillion

Organizers -

Ram - 9884562575 - ramth...@gmail.com
Peter - 9600004509 - peter....@gmail.com
Ela - 9962527887 - ela....@gmail.com
Thilak - 9840873859 - thelu...@gmail.com
NJ Balaji - 9884171781 - netwo...@gmail.com

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

yelagiri_bike.jpg
be_positive1.jpg
yelagiri_map.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 26, 2010, 4:26:25 PM8/26/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
BANG! 70 members have already signed up for our mega awareness bike ride in the first 8 hours.  So far we got 40 bikers and 30 pillions ready to rule the roads to Yelagiri. We got place for 60 more bikers and 70 pillions. Come on, Sign up fast before seats run out! This is more then just about a mega fun CTC-style bike ride, it's about spreading awareness on the acute shortage of blood which prevents from saving lives of those around us.

People are joining from all over the city -

And lots of active contributors which we will get in touch with later on.

Registrations

imran
Nithya
Peter
sudhir oberoi
vishvak saen
ravishankar
Bala-zen
TATHAGATA MAITI
Gurumurthy
Nirmal Sahoo
Rajesh
Deenadayalan
Arivazhagan J
Deenesh Raaj
Subodh
Bala Ganesh
Sivakumar Veerapathiran
Hari Haran V
Surya Kundu
Muthuraj
Ramachandran.B
Mukesh
Saran Babu
Biju VK
C.J.Jyothi
Hari Sathiyan
Hariharan V S
anand chanduri
Nidhi Prasad
Karthik R yadav
Jeevanandam M
Arun Athmaraj
Venkata Ajay Kumar G
Jude A Fernando
Karmuhilan
Ranjan Das
M R Gopinathan
Venkatesh
Arun
Paul
Partha
Lenin
Lenin
Suresh Kumar D
Anita
Selwyn
Ramprasad
Prasad
Abishek subramanian
Pankaj Kumar Jha
gayathri chandrashekar
Antony Praveen
Shanmuga Jothinathan C
Sucindar
Vadivel K
Swathi.S
Ponpandi
Alex franklin jude
kirubha
meenakshi
Prasanna Venkatesh
Suman Tarway
Priyanka Kumar
Sharath Mayuran
savio dawson
jasonwinni
Rajith Cherian
Santosh Nichani
yelagiri_map.jpg
yelagiri_bike.jpg
be_positive1.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Aug 27, 2010, 6:02:48 AM8/27/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
BOOM! 140 registrations for this good cause and funtastic bike trip. CTC rocks once again! We got just 27 bikes and 33 pillion seats available after which we would be closing the registrations. Who is coming for the ride of a lifetime?

Participants

Suresh Kumar D
Anita
Selwyn
Ramprasad
Prasad
Abishek subramanian
Pankaj Kumar Jha
gayathri chandrashekar
Antony Praveen
Shanmuga Jothinathan C
Sucindar
Vadivel K
Swathi.S
Ponpandi
Alex franklin jude
kirubha
meenakshi
Prasanna Venkatesh
Suman Tarway
Priyanka Kumar
Sharath Mayuran
savio dawson
Rajith Cherian
Santosh Nichani
jasonwinni
Ajay Mani Raj
manojkumar n
Suman Singha
Sucharita
sharan kumar natarajan
Senthu. C
Deepanarayanan Aravamudhan
Karthik R
R.Malar Manian
Vijayanarayanan Aravamudhan
Krishna Prasad
shankar
Subramaniam PS
Manivannan
Solomon
Marcie Kirthana
ambarish
Preethi Bala
sundaresan.B
Thiruselvan
Amit
Amit D. Tharad
Ashuwini Tharad
Nikil Sridhar
Paari
Ramesh R
Sivakumar
Shrinidhi Hande
Pankaj Murarka
Payal Murarka
Abhilash MP
Radhakrishnan S
Saravanan GT
R. Sathish Kumar
Santhana Krishnan
Anoop Krishnan M
Vivek Maria Joseph
Perumal S
Rohith Sreenivasan
Senthil Kumar R
Vengadessan K
Senthilkumar
Dewan Nafees Ahmed h
Ravi Gupta
shiva raman
Anand
Bragadeesh Prasanna
Harinatha Reddy.R
R. RAMPRAKASH
Mohamed Feroz
Vijay M
varatharajan k
Punit Goyal
Ashwin Leonard
Amritha.C
Yogananth
sri
Ramesh RM
Sneh Setu
Param
vignesh
Abhith K
Vipul Kodan
Avijeet
Kavin
Kumar Pritam Sinha
Rohit Anand
Venkat N
Mohan Dass
Vijayaganesh
Baily
Abhilash Jutur
Clifford
Karthikeyan M

Peter.
yelagiri_map.jpg
yelagiri_bike.jpg
be_positive1.jpg

Nachu S

Aug 27, 2010, 4:43:13 PM8/27/10
to Peter Van Geit, ram, The Chennai Trekking Club
So many people interested in bikings???

Great to see this CTC !!!

Much more seats left out..... Guys, register soon and enjoy with the biggest group of biking in CTC !!!

'TREK ON WHEELS' rocks...... WE LOVE BIKING..... JUST BIKING !!

Regards
Nachu
Singapore CTCian :)

yelagiri_bike.jpg
yelagiri_map.jpg
be_positive1.jpg

Ram The Biker

Aug 28, 2010, 12:44:48 AM8/28/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club

Yo Yo bikers,

CRASH !   230 + within 36 hours. Thts terrific figure. ITll happen only with CTC. Every minute Entires are pooling in. As the entries exceeded the way ahead of actual defined mark. we are closing down the further registration. COnfirmed participants list will published shortly.

Its not only joining hands for good cause also Its gonna be gateway for all the CTC bikers to meet eachother. All bikers be ready with ur machines.

 Let ur soul move ur machine and ur machine move ur body...

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all"

--
Bon Voyage,
Ram

I want no glory. I have no name. I don’t have a begining. I don’t have an end. I am a BikeNomad.

http://n3.nabble.com/Biking-f115760.html

yelagiri_map.jpg
yelagiri_bike.jpg
be_positive1.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Sep 8, 2010, 8:28:00 AM9/8/10
to Ram The Biker, The Chennai Trekking Club
Be positive and our mega bike rally got covered in the Indian Express today - 10 days till the largest awareness bike ride....

CTC is about to create history once again....

Indian express Press release.jpg
yelagiri_bike.jpg
yelagiri_map.jpg
be_positive1.jpg
Indian express Press release.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Sep 15, 2010, 1:46:39 AM9/15/10
to Ram The Biker, The Chennai Trekking Club
Due to recent drop outs we have some more open slots in our mega bike rally this weekend. Anyone interested to join (either as biker or pillion) can register here
A detailed prep email will be send to all bikers and pillions tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Sincere thanks to all volunteers for participating in this blood donation awareness campaign. You are saving lives.....

yelagiri_bike.jpg

List of confirmed bikers

Akbar Basha Alex Franklin Jude Ambarish  Amit D. Tharad Anand Dorapalli ANOOP KRISHNAN M Antony Praveen J Arivazhagan J Arunkumar.V Arunkumar.V Ashwin Vignesh Avijeet B.Anand Bala Ganesh M Balasenthil P Bala-zen Benit G Bhaskar R Bhaskar R Biju VK D Jeyaganesh Deenadayalan Chandrasekar Deenesh Raaj AT Deepanarayanan A Dewan Nafees Ahmed H Gopinath H Guru Kumar.S.P Gurumurthy D Hari sathiyan J.Baily JasonWinni Jeevanandam.M jothimanikandan V Jude A Fernando karmuhilan C Karthikeyan M Kaushik Kavin Krishna Prasad Krishnakumar Krishvanth Suresh Manikandan G Mukesh Kumar J Murali Kanth. S Muthu Prasad M.S MUTHUKUMAR.S N.Sivakumar Narayanan Hariharan Naresh Krishna Kumar Nigel NIGEL BASTIAN D Nikil Sridhar Pankaj Kumar Jha Paramasivam S Partha Parvatha Chandran VJ Paul R. Malar Manian R. Selwyn Radhakrishnan S Rajesh Rajesh Kumar K.v Rajinikandh ARS RAJITH ram Ramachandran.B Ramkumar P Ramprasad.B Ranjan Das Ravi Gupta Rohith Sreenivasan Sadeesh Madhavan K Sajish S Kumar Santhana krishnan Saravanan G Saravanan.T Sathish G savio dawson Selvakumar S Shanmuga Jothinathan C Shanmugarajan M sharan kumar Sivakumar sri srinivasan.RV Subodh Sucindar R Suman Sundara Gopal Sundaresan B Suresh Kumar D Surya Kundu Thiruselvan S vengadessan K Venkat N Venkata Subramani V Venkatesh

Peter.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Ram The Biker <ramth...@gmail.com> wrote:
yelagiri_map.jpg
yelagiri_bike.jpg
yelagiri_bike.jpg
be_positive1.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Sep 15, 2010, 1:50:44 PM9/15/10
to Ram The Biker, The Chennai Trekking Club
We received another 40 registrations today and are hereby closing further registrations

Inviting all our members (including those who can't participate in our bike rally) to participate in the blood donation camp on September 23rd -

bike_rally_invite.jpg

Peter.
bike_rally_invite.jpg
yelagiri_map.jpg
yelagiri_bike.jpg
be_positive1.jpg

Peter Van Geit

Sep 15, 2010, 2:06:36 PM9/15/10
to Ram The Biker, The Chennai Trekking Club
Please forward the invitation below to friends and family requesting there presence at the flag off of our awareness bike rally on Saturday morning at Marina beach. The media will be present as well as the mayor of Chennai as guest of honour. For those who can't participate in our bike rally, it will be a fun morning to meet up with other CTCians.

CU all there !
Peter.

E-Invite_blood.jpg
yelagiri_bike.jpg