Mission Nagalapuram/9

Peter Van Geit

Nov 11, 2008, 3:24:43 AM11/11/08
to The Chennai Trekking Club

Here we go –

After deadly Nagala/4 and exhaustive Nagala/6 here comes Nagala/9 – mission to the dark side of the moon.

After two relaxing 1-day’s Nagala/7 (Vivek) and Nagala/8 (Ramki) get ready for another though mission deep inside the mysterious Nagalapuram jungle.

Nagala/9 will be a modified Nagala/6 where this time we will go where no-one has gone before – we will approach the central 800m peak from the back (Northwestern side) through a yet unexplored valley. We will explore places yet unseen by human kind.

The jungle will be dense, the slopes will be steep, the bushes will be thorny, the rocks will be slippery, the water will be cool and refreshing, body and mind will be pushed beyond previous known limits, the views will be mind blowing, life will never be the same after experiencing Nagala/9.

Let it be clear that this will be a very though one – distance and terrain – trekking, climbing, wading through pools, crawling through dense thorny bushes. Only experienced trekkers are welcome. Once you enter there is no turning back.

We start on Friday evening 9pm at TIDEL and follow our usual pickup route through the city (refer invitation below). We will camp at the base of the hill and start Saturday at the crack of dawn. The brave soldiers will not return until Sunday evening. It will take courage, thirst, hunger, exhaustion, sweat, scratched arms and legs, pain and team-work to complete this mission.

Are you up for the challenge? Register using the form below -

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pJRZExD_boRBJAim_5ln3Xg&hl=en

Note - Nagala/6 trek summary attached. Terrain photos:

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/mudradivenky/Nagala_6?authkey=Iw_q1z2Z3l0#

Life will never be the same,

Peter.

Peter Van Geit

Nov 11, 2008, 4:11:52 AM11/11/08
to The Chennai Trekking Club

14 brave souls have registered already in the first one hour! The 30th registration gets one extra cup noodle on Saturday night ;-)

Who else out there is brave enough to face the challenge?

Peter Van Geit

Balaji Seshan

Sudhakar Sundaram

anand chanduri

Radha Viswanathan

Vinod Hari

Venkatraman.S

Suresh Kanna

Umaima

ram prasad

Karthick Ramalingam

A. Vijayaraghavan

Gopalakrishnan

gowri Shankar

Good to be back!

Peter.

Peter Van Geit

Nov 12, 2008, 12:36:05 AM11/12/08
to The Chennai Trekking Club

So far, 31 people signed up for N9 this weekend – we got 3 cars and 7 bikes which covers everyone (if no vehicles drop out of course).

Peter.

Name

 I can bring transport.

Peter Van Geit

Car

Balaji Seshan

None

Sudhakar Sundaram

None

anand chanduri

None

Radha Viswanathan

None

Vinod Hari

None

Venkatraman.S

None

Suresh Kanna

None

Umaima

None

ram prasad

None

Karthick Ramalingam

Bike

A. Vijayaraghavan

Bike

Gopalakrishnan

None

gowri Shankar

None

karthikeyan

None

subhakant nayak

Bike

Palanikumar RV

None

Bhagath

Bike

Palanidaran

Car

Diwakar

None

Rama Mohan Reddy

None

Suresh And Anita

None

Gaurav Sharma

Bike

Lavanya KM

None

chezian

None

Balamurugan

Bike

Ranjithkumar

None

Baskar

Bike

vetri

None

Prem Joseph

Car

Anand Chanduri

Nov 12, 2008, 2:34:54 AM11/12/08
to The Chennai Trekking Club

Peter

Looks like we have crossed the 30th registration mark
can u tell us who the winner is (The 30th registration gets one extra
cup noodle on Saturday night ;-)

Anand

On Nov 12, 10:36 am, "Peter Van Geit" <peter.vang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So far, 31 people signed up for N9 this weekend - we got 3 cars and 7 bikes

vivek sharma

Nov 14, 2008, 8:40:33 AM11/14/08
to Peter Van Geit, The Chennai Trekking Club
Hi All,

I have registered at 4 o clock Is my registration confirmed

Please give anyone's contact no. contact me at 996229002

Thanks,

Vivek