Invitation - Going Nowhere II - October 23-24, 2010

1 view

Ravi S Ghosh

Oct 12, 2010, 2:55:06 PM10/12/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGFTbzJjRFBmbml0R09qa0hMVzhLZWc6MA

Invitation - Going Nowhere II - October 23-24, 2010

This is the second Going Nowhere series of boring treks.

As the name suggests, we are "Going Don't Know Where," that is Going Nowhere! That may be little bit weird, but thats how it is. Most likely, it would be the most boring trek you have ever done. So, if you feel yourself to be entitled to this boredom, you are welcome to join us.

All the enthusiastic, energetic, adventurous, fun-loving trekkers out there ..... please don't join as it is for boring people. Also, only human beings need apply, no wild animals please.

OBJECTIVE: Spend 2 most boring days of your life with most boring people on this earth under the open skies and clueless wilderness on October 23 - 24, 2010.

PHYSICAL FITNESS: It would be an moderate trek. Superman need not apply.

SUMMARY
When: Starting on October 22, 2010, Friday, 2200 hours from Bangalore, Return by October 25, 2010, Monday, early morning.
Where: Somewhere in Western Ghats, Karnataka.
Terrain: Dense leechy forest, moderately steep climbs.
Difficulty: Moderate.
Distance: 30 km.
Expense: Around Rs1200.

NOTE FOR CHENNAI PARTICIPANTS: We'll be starting from Bangalore at 2200 hours. Hence, Chennai participants should reach Bangalore by 2100 on October 22, 2010, Friday. It may be possible for Chennai participants to book tickets together. We'll return to Bangalore on Monday morning 0600 hours and Chennai participants can take train back to Chennai.

LIMITS:
NO OF PARTICIPANTS: We don't want to disappoint more people by our boredom; hence, we would keep the size of the team small.
FUN QUOTIENT: We are utterly boring. Excited and people with good sense of humor should avoid our company.

MUST CARRY LUGGAGE:
1. Good walking shoes or pair of sandals.
2. Small/medium back-pack to carry water, food, camping gear.
3. Sleeping bag and sleeping mat.
4. LED torch to get around at night.
5. One extra set of clothes in case it rains.
6. Tiffin box, glass, fork/spoon for soup/dinner.
7. Two reusable bottles (do not use bottled mineral water, they do a lot of pollution).
8. Plastic covers to protect your stuff (especially cloth and sleeping bag) from rain.
9. Personal medications.
10. Cash Rs 1200 + Rs 1000 for emergency.
11. Jacket as it may get cold.
12. Your self.

Travel lightweight or you will find it difficult.

Food and transport will be taken care of by the organizers excluding transport from Chennai to Bangalore and back.

Chennai-Bangalore transport may also be taken care of by someone depending on who all are joining.

THINGS NOT TO DO/NOT TO CARRY:
1. Litter: Plastics, bottles, food packing, etc should not be thrown.
2. Water in mountain streams should not be polluted using shampoo or soaps.
3. Carry your EGO along.
4. Avoid carrying soap, shampoo, face wash, other cosmetics.
5. Alcoholic drinks and cigarette.
6. EGO (ITS A MUST NOT TO CARRY THING).

SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS: Shortlisting and admission to this trek is at the sole discretion of the organizers and will be chosen based on factors such as physical fitness, swimming skill, attitude and volunteering demonstrated during previous treks in CTC, number of volunteers joining, and max. group size.

WHO CANNOT REGISTER: CTC strongly discourages following people to participate:
1. People who do not contribute/volunteer in any way (CTC is a non-profit run solely based on volunteers efforts).
2. People with adrenalin-seeking / risk-taking tendency who put their as well as others life in trouble.
3. People registering quickly and dropping out in the last few days (many aspects of a trek are arranged in advance based on the headcount).
4. People who show "attitude" (we welcome only those with selfless attitude who gel well with and provide a comfort level to others in the group).
5. People who litter (anyone throwing plastics, bottles, ... is not welcome in CTC).
6. People who are self-centric, who search for the best place to sleep as soon as they reach camp site, get ready with the cups and plates as soon as the food is ready.

The above kind of people should expect their names to be in the blacklist.

DROPOUT POLICY: CTC maintains a BLACKLIST policy against people who drop out at the last minute without informing the organizers. If someone drops out after all the arrangements (food, transport, etc) have been made, s/he would be requested to share the cost of trek including food/transport, etc., as the team would have brought/arranged all the stuff and it would be difficult to get a replacement for that person.

DISCLAIMER: Trekking involves inherent dangers including rock climbing, swimming through water pools, wildlife (snakes, etc.). There is fair possibility of injury, loss of property, or even death because of multiple factors including but not limited, drowning, snake bite, elephant chase, falling from height, loose rock falling on head, sunstroke, dehydration, food poisoning due to bad water, high fever causing death. Even good swimmers can get cramp and drown in unpredictable waters. The participants should understands that trekking is dangerous by nature and decide to join the trek on their own taking the complete responsibility of their lives and property. CTC and its organizers are not responsible for any accidents or injuries during the trek. They are also not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property.

WHOM TO CONTACT: For trek related queries, email the organizers only UNDER THE SAME THREAD. DO NOT SPAM THE WHOLE GROUP.

Ravi S Ghosh

Oct 13, 2010, 1:37:32 PM10/13/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Guys,

We are going to close the registrations by Friday 1 p.m. as the bus tickets are running out fast and we'll have to make the bookings.

Some of us have asked for clue to the place. So, here are the clue:
1. CTC has never been to this place though it is quite popular.
2.  Its called hill of flowers.

Regards
Ravi S Ghosh
www.ravisghosh.com

Ravi S Ghosh

Oct 16, 2010, 3:04:02 PM10/16/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club, ravis...@gmail.com, red...@gmail.com, ashis...@gmail.com, supri...@gmail.com, bharga...@gmail.com, herbert...@yahoo.com, Hemalatha...@mu-sigma.com, goodnf...@gmail.com, rk.arunka...@gmail.com, sudhak...@gmail.com, gurupo...@gmail.com, vipinsre...@gmail.com, subhashm...@gmail.com, abhishek...@yahoo.co.in, roselin...@mu-sigma.com, mailv...@gmail.com, nimis...@gmail.com
Guys,

Here is the list of confirmed participants and people on waiting list. We are unable to take more people as there aren't many volunteers. Keeping the safety of the team, the size has been kept small. If more volunteers join in the coming week, people on waiting list may be included in the team.

Bus tickets from Bangalore have been booked (cost 641 both ways) (timings 21:35 at Majestic on Friday, 22 October). People dropping out will need to pay the cost of tickets.

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS
Abhishek Arora
Arun Karthik
Ashish Kumar
Guru Prasad
Hemalatha Lakkanna
Herbert Goldwin
Nimisha
Ravi S Ghosh
Roselin George
Senthil Kumar C
Subhashmuthukumar
Supriya Mattoo
Veena r

WAITING LIST
Bhargav
Poornima CS
Sudhakar
Vinod Kumar
Vipin Sreekumar

Regards
Ravi S Ghosh
www.ravisghosh.com

Ravi S Ghosh

Oct 19, 2010, 5:58:03 AM10/19/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club

after few dropouts, we have few vacant seats left. Anybody still wishes to climb the hill of flowers, going from 200 m to 1700 m, a climb of 1500 m.

Please register by this evening. I'll be canceling extra tickets tonight.

Regards

Ravi S Ghosh
www.ravisghosh.com