Nagala First Timers Trek, June 19-20

bala bala

Jun 15, 2010, 5:47:54 AM6/15/10
to sachennait...@googlegroups.com

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHFBdk9mUGpmUW03QXlfX2tRNGVTRmc6MA

Nagala First Timers Trek, June 19-20

Nagalapuram, just two hours drive for Chennai, is a beautiful wilderness that has become the unofficial home of the Chennai trekking club. We will be trekking through one of the best trails in Nagala, filled with crystal clear pools, fresh water streams, breath taking views, and beautiful forest. Escape the boring weekend, meet new people, and take back some wonderful memories home!

So why miss the fun?Just signup!

WHO CAN JOIN?
This trek is planned exclusively for the first timers. CTC has now 6700+ people and many people are waiting for their debut. So this will be a good chance for them to join the fun and trek with CTC.

OBJECTIVE:
Trekking in one of the best trails in Nagala covering all the superb and favorite pools of CTC.

PHYSICAL FITNESS:
This is gonna be a Moderate trek. Participants need to be in good physical condition. Should be able to walk for atleast 10kms without a break. Mostly fitness depends on your mind not on your body.

SUMMARY:
When: Starting in Chennai Early morning on June 19 (Saturday), return by June 20 (Sunday) late night.
Where: CTC's home Nagala,Nagalapuram,Chitoor Dist,Andhra Pradesh.
Terrain: Boulders and rocks,many pools,dense forest,crossing streams.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Distance: 20+ km trek.
Expense:Around Rs: 600 (Actuals-Petrol,Food etc)

NOTE:People who are joining from Bangalore and Hyderabad should take care of their own transportation to reach Chennai or nearest place to Nagala.

LIMITS:
No of Participants: 30 Only
Fun Quotient: Fun will be extreme and only those with high or above average fun quotient should register. Boring people should avoid this trek, else they will be bored to death!

AGENDA:
Day1:
Starting on Dec 05 early morning and reach Base camp in Nagala.
Reach First pool-the best Pool
Cross the Dead end Pool
Going through deep Nagala forest and see some breath taking views from the gorge.
Reach the CTC's favourite PICNIC pool before getting dark.
Camping,cook some yummy noodles and hot soup .Singing and Dancing.

Day2:
Jumping,Jumping and Jumping in the Picnic pool.
Starting back in the same trail.
Swimmers will go through the Gorge pool.
Cross the dead end pool.
Fun in sliding and magic pools.
First pool again.
Back to base camp late in the evening.

MUST CARRY LUGGAGE:
1. Good shoes + pair of sandals to roam around in the camp site and in the pools.
2. Small/medium back-pack to carry water, food, camping gear.Preferably water proof bag.
3. Sleeping bag/blanket and sleeping mat (we may get wet ground).
4. LED torch to get around at night.
5. One extra set of clothes to sleep dry in the campsite.
6. A pain relief spray.
7. A light-weight Bowl(Eg: A small steel/Tupperware bowl) fork/spoon for soup/dinner.
8. One reusable bottles with water filled (do not use bottled mineral water, they do a lot of pollution).
9. Plastic covers to protect your stuff (especially cloth and sleeping bag) from rain.
10.Personal medications if you are alergic to something.
11.Cash Rs 600(Actuals--Food,Shared petrol etc) + Rs 500 for emergency.
12.Camera(optional)
13. Sleeping mat
14.Your self.

VERY IMPORTANT: Travel lightweight or you will find it difficult

Food will be taken care of by the organizers.

THINGS NOT TO DO/NOT TO CARRY:
1. Litter: Plastics, bottles, food packing, etc should not be thrown.
2. Water in mountain streams should not be polluted so avoid using shampoos,soaps or any other cosmetics.
3. Your EGO.

SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS:
Shortlisting of the participants will be based on a number of factors including the required physical fitness level for the given trek difficulty, the attitude and contribution/volunteering demonstrated during previous treks in CTC, the availability of transportation, the max group size , etc.

CTC strongly discourages following people to participante in its treks :
1. People who do not contribute/volunteer in any way (CTC is a non-profit run solely based on volunteers efforts).
2. People registering quickly and dropping out in the last few days (many aspects of a trek are arranged in advance based on the headcount).
3. People who show "attitude" (we welcome only those with selfless attitude who gel well with and provide a comfort level to others in the group).
4. People who are not physically fit (many times one unfit member will delay the entire group and put the entire group in danger).
5. People who litter (anyone throwing plastics, bottles, ... is not welcome in CTC).

DROPOUT POLICY:
CTC maintains a BLACKLIST policy against people who drop out at the last minute without informing the organizers.

If someone drops out during the last few days , he/she would be requested to share the cost of trek including food/transport, etc., as the team would have brought/arranged all the stuff and it would be difficult to get a replacement for that person.

SOME IMPORTANT LINKS

Testimonials of first time trekkers
http://groups.google.co.in/group/sachennaitrekkingclub/web/the-ctc-feeling?hl=en-GB

What is a CTC Trek?
http://groups.google.co.in/group/sachennaitrekkingclub/web/whats-a-ctc-trek

Some more details about things to carry:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/sachennaitrekkingclub/web/what-to-carry-during-a-trek

Some more details on Do-s and don't-s during a trek:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/sachennaitrekkingclub/web/do-s-and-dont-s-during-a-trek?hl=en-GB&pli=1

Bala
Mobile:9790989087

bala bala

Jun 15, 2010, 6:11:26 AM6/15/10
to sachennait...@googlegroups.com
Corrected Month and year in DAY1 plan.Thanks Neetha to highlight this error.

Bala
Starting on june19 sat  2010 early morning and reach Base camp in Nagala.

Bala
Mobile:9790989087

bala bala

Jun 16, 2010, 5:48:33 AM6/16/10
to sachennait...@googlegroups.com
So for people registered for this trek.Few more seats available pls. register soon.

Sriram Raghavan
Leo AnandRaj
Ramanujam
Kalaiselvan Rajendran
Kalidhas Perumal
Ganesh karunakaran
Harish R
vijay
JaiGanesh S
Punitha
Srinivasan
ashok gurumurthy
K Sankar + 1
Sneha Singh
Aarthi
Rohit Anand
Kareem Khan
VIGNESH
Arun Mathew
Anush
Rajesh
Rajesh

Regards,
Bala

bala bala

Jun 17, 2010, 5:16:03 AM6/17/10
to sachennait...@googlegroups.com
Pls. Register soon I could accomodate if there will be any dropouts, this is very intresting trail ever I have seen (Trail found by Peter after many struggling) First timers I am sure you will enjoy the nature, cooking , campfire,swimming & water falls- don't miss this chance.

List of people registed for this Trek. And I am planing to close this registration by today evening. Any dropouts pls inform me today itself from below list.

Sriram Raghavan
Leo AnandRaj
Ramanujam
Kalaiselvan Rajendran
Kalidhas Perumal
Ganesh karunakaran
Harish R
vijay
JaiGanesh S
Srinivasan
ashok gurumurthy

Rohit Anand
Kareem Khan
VIGNESH
Arun Mathew
Rajesh
j.sreekanth
Sankar Raman
Kalyana sundaram
Roshan
Herbert Goldwin
SURESH.B
Thiruvengadam P
Amarnath
SURESH.B
Ravindran Narayanasamy
Deepak Thomas
Vinit Agrwal
balaji kalluri
vipul kodan
jeeva

Cheers
Bala
9790989087

bala bala

Jun 18, 2010, 4:33:27 AM6/18/10
to sachennait...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Registration closed now for  Nagala first timer trek. The name of  people registered for this Trek trek given below.

Sriram Raghavan
Leo AnandRaj

Ganesh karunakaran
Harish R