CTC Learning Series : Basics of Photography

Nara

Jan 21, 2010, 7:19:24 AM1/21/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dERMUDRoa3JKSWN5M0x3YTc0Z0pMb0E6MA

Basics of Photography

This is an introductory workshop on Photography.
This workshop is for beginners of the photography.Irrespective of what type of the camera you have,you are welcome to join the workshop,in case you like to understand the basics/essential things in photography.
This workshop emphasis on improving your photographic skill rather than the post processing skill.

The confirmed workshop speakers are myself & Samyak.
You can expect more Veteran photographers joining the workshop to share their experience.

Following topics are covered in the workshop:

1. Basics of Camera controls like Aperture,Shutter speed,ISO,Exposure compensation

2. How to Compose a picture.. Rule of Third

3. Different Modes of operation like Aperture priority, Shutter priority, program mode

4. Importance of Exposure compensation

5. Some experiments – Taking the picture in different priority,with different exposure compensation

6. White balance settings

7. Depth of Field,Importance of DOF,some hands-on to demonstrate DOF

8. Intro to different lenses in SLR camera. Different types, usage

9. Basic introduction to Flash.

10. Post processing – An introduction

Date : 6th Feb,2010
Venue : Peter's House
Time : 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Cost : Rs.500/-
No of Participants : 20
Items to carry: Bring your camera,lenses,tripod and other camera related gear.

Food & water shall be taken care by organizers.

Samyak Kaninde

Jan 21, 2010, 7:57:57 AM1/21/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Please follow the below link to carry out the workshop related discussions and doubts and whatever u feel like asking ...
heres a link for that forum -> http://n3.nabble.com/Introduction-to-Photography-6th-Feb-td133130.html#a133130

We will also be sharing few tips/links for your basic reading before you come for the workshop so that you get an idea of the workshop in general.

ciao at nabble forum then....

~ Samyak.

For planned treks
http://groups.google.co.in/group/sachennaitrekkingclub/web/ctc-treks

--
~Samyak

http://www.flickr.com/samyak
"Many of Lifes Failure were of those people who never knew how close they were to the SUCCESS when they gave up. So, Never Ever Give Up !!"

Nara

Jan 22, 2010, 6:51:09 AM1/22/10
to The Chennai Trekking Club
Dear All,

Due to overwhelming response(around 48 registrations..) we are stopping the further registrations.
In coming days,we will send the confirmed & wait listed participants for the workshop.

Thanks
nara

Samyak Kaninde

Feb 1, 2010, 12:52:54 PM2/1/10
to narasi...@gmail.com, The Chennai Trekking Club
Hello All,
Here is the list of participants registered for coming saturday workshop in "Basics of Photography".
We can accommodate only 30 ppl for the workshop. So, if you are dropping out, please let us know ASAP so that wailisted participants can be invited for the workshop.

Confirmed :

Saurav Dasgupta
Guruvishnuvardan.M
Krishna Gaikwad
srinivasan
Venkat Narayanan
Parag Jain
Ramkumar
Sudha K Ra
Dinesh Kumar V.C.
Ravikanth K
alfonso
Balajee
Pradeep Baliga
Aravind Balasubramanian
Aswin Anand
Karthick J
Balaji Sekar
John Anand jesudas
Satish Anandan
Lakshmichithra Sivaramasundaram
Ananda Bharathi
Abishek S
akshey krishna
Krishna
M.Mohanlal Sait
anusha
Siju
Pramod
Ottakuthan

Waitlist:

Geetha M
Rupaa Jaganathan
Sri Balaji D
Daniel B Tauro
Anand Dorapalli
Ashwin Bhavadasan
M.ILANGO
Ashok Kumar
PK SAJI
Sankar S
Tulip Das
Madhav
Sudarasn Rupachandar
Karthik Chandrasekharan

Sajish
Thiruvarul selvan
Dharanidharan M S
Dharanidharan M S
Abhinayah S

Further Discussions here :
Nabble Forum : http://n3.nabble.com/Introduction-to-Photography-6th-Feb-td133130.html#a133130

I will publish the address information to Peter's place soon.

~ Samyak.

For planned treks
http://groups.google.co.in/group/sachennaitrekkingclub/web/ctc-treks

Samyak Kaninde

Feb 4, 2010, 2:52:31 AM2/4/10
to narasi...@gmail.com, The Chennai Trekking Club
Hello All,

after few dropouts, we can accommodate the wailisted ppl.
Let me know if few more are dropping out, so that we can accommodate few more ppl from wait listing.

Confirmed :

Saurav Dasgupta

Krishna Gaikwad
srinivasan
Venkat Narayanan
Parag Jain
Ramkumar
Dinesh Kumar V.C.
Ravikanth K
alfonso
Pradeep Baliga
Aravind Balasubramanian
Aswin Anand
Karthick J
Balaji Sekar
John Anand jesudas
Ananda Bharathi
Abishek S
akshey krishna
Krishna
M.Mohanlal Sait
anusha
Siju
Pramod
Ottakuthan
Sri Balaji D
Geetha M
Rupaa Jaganathan

Daniel B Tauro
Anand Dorapalli
Ashwin Bhavadasan

WaitListing

M.ILANGO
Ashok Kumar
PK SAJI
Sankar S
Tulip Das
Madhav
Sudarasn Rupachandar
Sajish
Thiruvarul selvan
Dharanidharan M S
Dharanidharan M S
Abhinayah S

PS - Don't forget your camera and manual to bring along. Those interested, can also bring along their pen/notebooks.

~ Samyak.

Samyak Kaninde

Feb 5, 2010, 6:17:27 AM2/5/10
to narasi...@gmail.com, The Chennai Trekking Club
Hello All,

Directions To Reach :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=12.965019,80.260363&spn=0.00964,0.013733&z=16&msid=100795895206195398252.000458cbdcefc2495138e

Food : We are trying hard to arrange for some food for lunch, but if not possible, we will take an hour of lunch break around 1PM.

Final List
(after few more dropouts) :

Krishna Gaikwad
srinivasan
Venkat Narayanan
Parag Jain
Ramkumar
Dinesh Kumar V.C.
Ravikanth K
alfonso
Pradeep Baliga
Aravind Balasubramanian
Aswin Anand
Balaji Sekar
John Anand jesudas
Ananda Bharathi
Abishek S
akshey krishna
Krishna
M.Mohanlal Sait
anusha
Siju
Pramod
Ottakuthan
Sri Balaji D
Geetha M
Daniel B Tauro
Anand Dorapalli
Ashwin Bhavadasan
M.ILANGO
Ashok Kumar
PK SAJI

see you there, tomorrow.

PS - I need few volunteers to arrange some snacks/drinks for the participants. email me Directly if you wish to contribute :)
Don't forget the camera, its manual and notebook if u wish to note down things.

~ Samyak.